Official PC thread.

Crazy how they’ve come down in price the last few months.

But we know the cycle will begin anew with the 4000 series.

I should have sold my 3060TI last year... but after dealing with almost losing the card AND the money I got for it after trying to sell it on ebay the first time I said F it. Now it just upstairs in the loft set-up that I never use. Probably a waste of money, but ohh well. Could put it in the OMEN 25L I gave my baby momma, but all she plays is The Sims 4, and it can already run maxed out on her monitor with my 980TI.

I have an issue that has been killing me all week. I have a website that only works in Internet Explorer and obviously that won’t work after next month. It will work in Edge using Enterprise mode.

I’ve followed the instructions and set it up on one PC without much issue - but on 2 others I can’t get it to work at all.

They’re both W10 Home but I’ve added the Group Policy thing (sort of - I can run gpedit.msc and it opens it) and I’ve gone through the steps to add a link to the xml file with the site list.

I can right click the tab and change to open them in IE but when I look at edge:compat they’re not there - and the link to the site list is just the default and forcing an update doesn’t do anything.

Here’s a screenshot of the settings - you can see that it says Group Policy Settings are off (and the one that works has them on and shows the link to the sites list).

9CD6485A-93CE-4C3A-B154-D09383CED1F7.png

The command line is slightly different too.

Anyone able to point me to something I’ve missed that would make it work? I’ve spent hours repeating steps this week so it’s all just blurred together.

As always you’d earn the undying support* of a NT admin.

*undying support is non-transferable and must be claimed in writing using a triplicate form within 5 (five) working days of successful implementation. The support may be revoked at any time without without notice and does not constitute validation of any of the NTers actions prior or subsequent to the agreement. You also agree that you will not use this support for any purposes prohibited by United States law, including, without limitation, the development, design, manufacture or production of nuclear, missiles, or chemical or biological weapons, or any other shenanigans.

Any personal recommendations for a 49” super ultrawide monitor for productivity (no gaming)? And ideal desk dimensions?

Plan to have two laptops hooked up (work PC, personal Mac) and want to display both simultaneously for the most part. Built-in KVM preferred so I can control both machines with one keyboard/mouse. 1440p, 120hz preferred but 60hz is fine.

Got a RX 6600 used for around 250 to hold me over to next gen since I don't have a card at the moment. This thing is great, holding it's own much more than folks would've had me believe. Played FH5 and Doom Eternal at medium to high settings at 4k, over 60 fps (between 70-100 depending on the settings).

Got a RX 6600 used for around 250 to hold me over to next gen since I don't have a card at the moment. This thing is great, holding it's own much more than folks would've had me believe. Played FH5 and Doom Eternal at medium to high settings at 4k, over 60 fps (between 70-100 depending on the settings).
they cost that much brand new. it's a low-tier 6th gen AMD but surprised to hear it hitting high setting at 4k 60 fps. I was expecting it to hit high 40 fps at high settings though. anyway, what is your cpu and ram ? did you overclock it?

they cost that much brand new. it's a low-tier 6th gen AMD but surprised to hear it hitting high setting at 4k 60 fps. I was expecting it to hit high 40 fps at high settings though. anyway, what is your cpu and ram ? did you overclock it?
They cost 299-330 new, this was 239 plus tax. Got a 5600 and 32 gb ddr4 3600 ram. Nothing overclocked.

They cost 299-330 new, this was 239 plus tax. Got a 5600 and 32 gb ddr4 3600 ram. Nothing overclocked.
well that's good. could be a binned chip. you're lucky. quite tempted on getting the 5800X3D CPU but I'm having second thoughts. I have a binned 2070S GPU on a 3700X CPU. still running great especially I'm running at 1080P. and considering the cost of the 5800X3D, I might as well either get an RTX 3070 or RX6750XT.

Amazon product ASIN B09N3G9T16I was in the market for an ultrawide monitor. Checked out a couple 49" monitors in person and those things were massive. 34" was the next size down but didn't seem big enough for my use case. Then I stumbled on this 40" INNOCN on sale for $500 at the time. Never heard of them but reviews were pretty good. Apparently it's been on sale for as low as $400 in the past.

Been using it for the past two days and it was everything I was looking for. The PIP/PBP feature is clutch. I have my work laptop displayed in a small PIP window, tweaked the resolution so I can actually see and do light work while my personal Macbook is the main display. Got a cheap KVM switch so I can use one keyboard and mouse between both laptops while they sit in a vertical stand saving desk space. So far so good. Highly recommend if you are in the market.

it's summer time and my cpu's cooling fan is now working with a bit more effort now. can definitely feeling some hot air around my desk place.

Back
Top Bottom