just built my first rig from scratch a few months ago:
AMD phenom II 1090t (w/stock cooler)

Asus crosshair IV mobo

ATI radeon sapphire hd5830

1Tb caviar black sata6

g. skill ripjaw 4gb ram

antec 650w psu 80+ bronze

antec nine hundred two case

i only have one hard drive for now.. any recommendations on a decent ssd?

also what you guys averaging on cpu temp? im at around 30 degrees idle and maybe low 40's while gaming. any recommendations on a cpu cooler?

ill post pics later.

Any ssd is good if you get it from a good brand.  Good Computer pic?
here's a few pics..
20110502123903.jpg

20110502123924.jpg

here's my desk setup

img20110706142707.jpg

img20110706142725.jpg

little messy with the wires 
embarassed.gif

Originally Posted by Los Angeles Fresh

even though they are a bit more expensive, modular PSU are great for cable management.

SO true, I went the cheaper route adn got non modular and I regret it. Don't even feel like opening it up to clean them up a bit.

I want to build a HTPC now but I think I'm going to wait until I graduate and get my own spot

even though they are a bit more expensive, modular PSU are great for cable management.

SO true, I went the cheaper route adn got non modular and I regret it. Don't even feel like opening it up to clean them up a bit.

I want to build a HTPC now but I think I'm going to wait until I graduate and get my own spot

Originally Posted by whyhellothere

Originally Posted by ludex360

So I have been thinking about getting a new laptop soon, is this one any good?

http://www.amazon.com/Tos...MUFB&colid=2ELSSV4IE7GZQ

I'll probably wait for it to go on sale a lil more
might want to check this out: Link
$100 cheaper
i5 vs i3
8 cell batt vs 6 cell batt

i like the specs and the price but i don't trust asus. my friend has one and it is falling apart.

Originally Posted by whyhellothere

Originally Posted by ludex360

So I have been thinking about getting a new laptop soon, is this one any good?

http://www.amazon.com/Tos...MUFB&colid=2ELSSV4IE7GZQ

I'll probably wait for it to go on sale a lil more
might want to check this out: Link
$100 cheaper
i5 vs i3
8 cell batt vs 6 cell batt

i like the specs and the price but i don't trust asus. my friend has one and it is falling apart.

I'd take an Asus over a Toshiba any day of the week
ohwell.gif

EDIT: you could have it confused with Acer, maybe?

I'd take an Asus over a Toshiba any day of the week
ohwell.gif

EDIT: you could have it confused with Acer, maybe?

and get yourself a better keyboard

the psu i got it "semi" modular.. it has the essential harnesses attached to it and you can add whichever additional harnesses you need but as you can see in the picture the harness that is attached to it still has extra wires that i dont need.
whats wrong with the keyboard?? i have no issues with it except for the fact that it attracts dust easily because its black.

the psu i got it "semi" modular.. it has the essential harnesses attached to it and you can add whichever additional harnesses you need but as you can see in the picture the harness that is attached to it still has extra wires that i dont need.
whats wrong with the keyboard?? i have no issues with it except for the fact that it attracts dust easily because its black.

Asus laptops are awesome and reliable compared to whats out there, if you can't trust ASUS then you really can't trust any brand.
laugh.gif

Finally installed some liquid cooling, was getting some overheating messages and I've had no issues since (and quiet). I would update my video card but I really have no need to at this point.

Sorry for the cell phone pic.

Asus laptops are awesome and reliable compared to whats out there, if you can't trust ASUS then you really can't trust any brand.
laugh.gif

Finally installed some liquid cooling, was getting some overheating messages and I've had no issues since (and quiet). I would update my video card but I really have no need to at this point.

Sorry for the cell phone pic.

Originally Posted by thenkotb

well for one, chances are it isn't going to last you for long.

two, rubber dome keyboards are terrible and they feel like crap. get yourself a nice mechanical keyboard, they feel great to type on, gives you tons of choices on what switch you like and they are built like tanks.

they won't have any flashy buttons (well unless you get a razer black widow, but their keycaps are crap and they don't have NKRO) some are backlit (although the fonts they use are ugly as hell.. but that doesn't really matter)

Originally Posted by thenkotb

well for one, chances are it isn't going to last you for long.

two, rubber dome keyboards are terrible and they feel like crap. get yourself a nice mechanical keyboard, they feel great to type on, gives you tons of choices on what switch you like and they are built like tanks.

they won't have any flashy buttons (well unless you get a razer black widow, but their keycaps are crap and they don't have NKRO) some are backlit (although the fonts they use are ugly as hell.. but that doesn't really matter)

Back
Top Bottom