Official PC thread.

Originally Posted by SneakerReaper

Can you mod Steam games? I like to use mods in most of my games and wanted to know if that was against any Steam rules.

Yeah you can. Only game I've modded is GTA IV

Originally Posted by SneakerReaper

Can you mod Steam games? I like to use mods in most of my games and wanted to know if that was against any Steam rules.

Yeah you can. Only game I've modded is GTA IV

Don't forget not only does your power supply need to be able to handle the wattage of a new GPU but so do the rails on your Mobo. If you're rollin with a 400 watt PSU the quality of your Mobo is probably questionable too.

Don't forget not only does your power supply need to be able to handle the wattage of a new GPU but so do the rails on your Mobo. If you're rollin with a 400 watt PSU the quality of your Mobo is probably questionable too.

Depends who is making the psu.

If it's seasonic/corsair or any other reputable brand, you're fine.

But yeah, I doubt you'll be running sli lol. But just to be on the safe side I'd change the psu, I mean some are really not that expensive.

But yeah, I doubt you'll be running sli lol. But just to be on the safe side I'd change the psu, I mean some are really not that expensive.

gonna look into building my first PC from scratch soon.. ol reliable (from 06) works well but its time for something new.

gonna look into building my first PC from scratch soon.. ol reliable (from 06) works well but its time for something new.

anyone use carbonite or any other online backup solutions? 
nerd.gif

Nope. I'm still using good old fashioned optical discs to backup my important stuff.  I also have an external hard drive for music, movies, games, etc.  I am thinking about upgrading to a USB 3.0 external hard drive though.  Matter of fact I think I'm gonna check that out now.

Nope. I'm still using good old fashioned optical discs to backup my important stuff.  I also have an external hard drive for music, movies, games, etc.  I am thinking about upgrading to a USB 3.0 external hard drive though.  Matter of fact I think I'm gonna check that out now.

It's ok but imo this is a much better deal for about the same price

http://slickdeals.net/?sdtid=329302...el_id=inspiron-15r-n5110&link_number=17967581Inspiron 15R

Apply coupon code 9RR69L9S9G5DSN for $100 off at checkout

2nd Generation Intel[emoji]174[/emoji] Core[emoji]8482[/emoji] i7-2630QM processor 2.00 GHz with Turbo Boost 2.0 up to 2.90 GHz
6GB Shared Dual Channel DDR3 Memory
15.6" High Definition (720p) LED Display with TrueLife[emoji]8482[/emoji]
NVIDIA[emoji]174[/emoji] GeForce[emoji]174[/emoji] GT 525M (128-bit) 1GB (Quad)
640GB 5400 RPM SATA Hard Drive
Intel[emoji]174[/emoji] Centrino[emoji]174[/emoji] Wireless-N 1030, 1x2 bgn + Bluetooth
Webcam Integrated 1.0 mega pixel widescreen HD Webcam

$637 + Tax & shipping is free.

It's ok but imo this is a much better deal for about the same price

http://slickdeals.net/?sdtid=329302...el_id=inspiron-15r-n5110&link_number=17967581Inspiron 15R

Apply coupon code 9RR69L9S9G5DSN for $100 off at checkout

2nd Generation Intel[emoji]174[/emoji] Core[emoji]8482[/emoji] i7-2630QM processor 2.00 GHz with Turbo Boost 2.0 up to 2.90 GHz
6GB Shared Dual Channel DDR3 Memory
15.6" High Definition (720p) LED Display with TrueLife[emoji]8482[/emoji]
NVIDIA[emoji]174[/emoji] GeForce[emoji]174[/emoji] GT 525M (128-bit) 1GB (Quad)
640GB 5400 RPM SATA Hard Drive
Intel[emoji]174[/emoji] Centrino[emoji]174[/emoji] Wireless-N 1030, 1x2 bgn + Bluetooth
Webcam Integrated 1.0 mega pixel widescreen HD Webcam

$637 + Tax & shipping is free.

Originally Posted by CWrite78

would i need to worry about the size of it and how it'll fit in my case? anything else i need to worry about when changing my psu?

Originally Posted by CWrite78

would i need to worry about the size of it and how it'll fit in my case? anything else i need to worry about when changing my psu?

my 460 is small compared to my 5870, THAT was a beast.

what case do you have? and i believe most if not all ATX PSUs should fit.

my 460 is small compared to my 5870, THAT was a beast.

what case do you have? and i believe most if not all ATX PSUs should fit.

Im working on an old laptop, I have some programs to speed it up and make it run like new but... after I booted up it basically froze. The mouse moves around and I can click on certain things but I can't pull up my flash drive or get it to load. Any suggestions?

Basically it's just slow

Back
Top Bottom