Official PC thread.

I was actually looking at the A2 those and some Swans.

Does this steam sale change games everyday? Like say a game goes on sale tomorrow will that same game be on sale Monday?

Originally Posted by wrod7

Steelseries 7G or zowie keyboard?
If your budget is that high I'd say a Ducky Shine mechanical keyboard with Cherry Mx Brown switches Illuminated, too.
OT: Where is our keyboard elitist CWrite78? Did he get banned or something? 
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by sladewilson

what options to turn off the underclock for IVY Bridge I7 ? its underclocked operating at 2.8 for some reason 
frown.gif
Have you tried clearing your CMOS or updating your BIOS?
Looking to switch up to a new Z77 board in a few weeks. Already pre-ordered.
laugh.gif
 It's been frustrating as hell trying to dispose of my current (good, but Crossfire only
ohwell.gif
) motherboard. 
mad.gif

Originally Posted by zk1MPLS

Steelseries 7G or zowie keyboard?
If your budget is that high I'd say a Ducky Shine mechanical keyboard with Cherry Mx Brown switches Illuminated, too.
OT: Where is our keyboard elitist CWrite78? Did he get banned or something? 
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

what options to turn off the underclock for IVY Bridge I7 ? its underclocked operating at 2.8 for some reason 
frown.gif
Have you tried clearing your CMOS or updating your BIOS?
Looking to switch up to a new Z77 board in a few weeks. Already pre-ordered.
laugh.gif
 It's been frustrating as hell trying to dispose of my current (good, but Crossfire only
ohwell.gif
) motherboard. 
mad.gif
theres that feature power saving %$!, how you turn if off ? it underclocks the cpu to save power 
mad.gif

whats the best or some combos of IVY BRIDGE chips + ASUS mobo?

thinking of doing a budget build. mostly for work. want at least i5 or the i7

why brown switches? I thought black had less sound feed back
You wouldn't like Mx Black switches if you type a lot. The keys are pretty stiff compared to the other types of switches. Found my hands getting tired pretty fast at first, but you'll get used to it. You definitely put in more effort just to type a few words, but since I graduated from college and don't write 34952394852034 papers anymore, it's all good. Mx Browns are basically Mx Blues without the clicky sound. I now find Mx Reds too soft and light; back then they felt great. It's still the best if you can try them all out in a store or something, but Mx Browns should be good.

did any one get the vizio laptops yets? I am pretty interested in it and i was wondering if anyone could give a quick review

Originally Posted by omgitswes

Originally Posted by whyhellothere

Originally Posted by JackieBoy

Windows 8, any1?

not even for free
laugh.gif

I don't think it's that bad, I've been using it in Virtualbox. Not worth the upgrade though even if it's just 40
Not sure if cop or not..
I've been watching videos about it, and I feel bit confused. I don't game with my laptop at the moment and I think that if it will run smoothly etc.. I'll cop (ofc SSD first). But if it is like Vista, heeeeeelll no!

My gtx670 been acting funny lately, took it back to the shop for service.
its been giving me driver hhas crashed errors, or just freezes when im on diablo 3 with looping sounds from in game.
I hope the just give me a new card.

why brown switches? I thought black had less sound feed back
You wouldn't like Mx Black switches if you type a lot. The keys are pretty stiff compared to the other types of switches. Found my hands getting tired pretty fast at first, but you'll get used to it. You definitely put in more effort just to type a few words, but since I graduated from college and don't write 34952394852034 papers anymore, it's all good. Mx Browns are basically Mx Blues without the clicky sound. I now find Mx Reds too soft and light; back then they felt great. It's still the best if you can try them all out in a store or something, but Mx Browns should be good.
ohh, thanks.!

Originally Posted by RunningFishy

3700K with mobo and memory under 700.00

i think i'll settle for the i5. so now im working on a mobo that best utilizes it. i dont need anything fancy. but yeah. it comes out to about 450-500 for the mobo+chip on newegg

i think i'll settle for the i5. so now im working on a mobo that best utilizes it. i dont need anything fancy. but yeah. it comes out to about 450-500 for the mobo+chip on newegg

good choice. Satisfied with my i5 3570K with the ASUS P8Z77-V mobo

Originally Posted by 2o4

good choice. Satisfied with my i5 3570K with the ASUS P8Z77-V mobo

How are the temps on that chip? Have you tried overclocking it? Considering switching to that from my 2600K once I get my new Z77 board comes in.
Anybody try purchasing Open Box items from Newegg? They have the ASUS Maximus V Gene for $138.99. Free shipping, too. Sweet deal for one hell of a board. 
eek.gif
 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131830R

Now NT's layout is similar to OCN. Awesome. That means we can host images directly on the site now. :pimp:

Last edited:
i wanna drive 4-5 fans w/ one connection into PSU, but i dunno if it'll affect the speed of my fan.

the fan for the heat sink is usually powered from the MOBO?

Back
Top Bottom