***OFFICIAL PHILADELPHIA EAGLES 2011 SEASON THREAD***

Originally Posted by polorico

eagles fans are so annoying.
how are you guys stacked ? you will prolly win the division , and go to the second round.

You got vick as a QB , that type of QB does not work in the play offs.

dream team ? the team to beat ? 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

clowns , you wont win the super bowl.

indifferent.gif

I swear this dude has got to be one of the most hated NT'ers now. Trolls in every thread

Originally Posted by RetroSan

Originally Posted by RetroBaller

Take the heat off the pack please. you can be the "team to beat"

i REALLY want revenge against you guys, if we see ya'll in the playoffs Cullen going after that @## 
wink.gif
tramon williams will be waiting in the endzone again

i REALLY want revenge against you guys, if we see ya'll in the playoffs Cullen going after that @## 
wink.gif

tired.gif
laugh.gif

wink.gif
sick.gif
 low blow.....we will catch yall in traffic

Maclin reports to training camp.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
 Hopefully DJax comes in soon.
Eagles wide receiver Jeremy Maclin has reported to training camp at Lehigh.

"Lehigh...glad to be back!" Maclin wrote on Twitter.

The team is off Tuesday and resumes practice Wednesday. The Eagles would not comment on whether Maclin will participate immediately.

Maclin had been out with an unspecified illness. He suffered from mononucleosis-like symptoms earlier this year. He had said he lost 20 pounds due to the illness, but by May had said he gained the weight back.

With Maclin back, the Eagles have all but one of their stars in camp, though not yet on the field. The team is still waiting for DeSean Jackson to report (no word yet on when that might happen) and Nnamdi Asomugha, Jason Babin, Cullen Jenkins and Vince Young are all barred from practicing until Aug. 4 due to the new collective bargaining agreement.

Those who have been practicing are clearly thankful for the day off, as mandated by the new labor deal.

"This day off feels amazing.. Thank u new cba! Hopefully I can get the spring back in my legs for 2morro" guard Todd Herremans wrote on Twitter.

Cornerback Jorrick Calvin headed to a South Street nail salon, according to his Twitter account.

"getting pampered this chair feels so good on my back and this jet on my toes wow," he posted.

Earlier today the Eagles sold out of their single-game tickets in less than one hour, according to the team.

Read more: http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles/Maclin-reports-to-Eagles-camp.html#ixzz1TtgA0sYu 
Watch sports videos you won't find anywhere else

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/82985662.html

sooo which corners do you guys think make the team.. we usually carry 5, if i remember correctly

the obvious:
nnambi
rogers-cromartie

borderline obvious:
marsh (just drafted)
lindley (going into 2nd year and had his moments as a rookie)

then there is the asante situation.. or the hansen situation (is a good nickle CB.. but obviously is expendable if we hold on to asante)

the rest:
jorrick calvin
brandon hughes
isiah trufant
jamar wall

If we can't turn Asante into a good LB through a trade I'd like to keep him. Lots of teams now a days are using 3 WR sets so a defensive backfield with him, Nnamdi and DRC would be great

oh.. and anyone looking at going to any games?

i'm DEF going to the miami game.. and maybe looking at going to the atlanta game

Originally Posted by hawkflight6

If we can't turn Asante into a good LB through a trade I'd like to keep him. Lots of teams now a days are using 3 WR sets so a defensive backfield with him, Nnamdi and DRC would be great

if we aren't offered anything good, i could def see us keeping all 3 (and rolling with lindley and marsh)

hell, to make desean's extention, we could just cut parker and hansen and that should free up enough money (we're just under 5 mill UNDER the cap right now)

Essentially another James Harrison IMO... he's a beast when healthy (a testament to my fantasy team 2 years ago)

And it continues. We sign Ronnie Brown 
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

The Eagles have signed running back Ronnie Brown, a former Dolphin, to a one-year deal.

Brown, a Pro Bowler in 2008, has six years of NFL experience and will provide a veteran presence behind LeSean McCoy.

Brown made a mark as a "Wildcat" back in Miami, something that will surely intrigue Andy Reid and Marty Mornhinweg, who tried several Wildcat plays last season, but with little success. Brown is also an able pass catcher -- he has had 32 or more receptions in all but one season --something else that is critical to any back in Philadelphia.

“Ronnie is an all-around running back with a versatile skill set,

How the !%+% are people over looking Ronnie Brown like this? What a steal.. Eagles will win the Superbowl for sure.

They got Ronnie Brown too?!?
eek.gif
sick.gif
Good LORD. This season is going to be amazing.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by mrarmageddon

Looks like we're going to sign Ryan Harris from Denver to play right tackle
hopefully this means winstons days are numbered..

and i know certain rumors of asante going to the 49ers for a certain player is ridiculous, but please please please baby jesus let them be true

Living in miami and watching ronnie brown play since his rookie year, hes not all that, nice to have but id still rather have mccoy starting. Whatslosinlike take off that sig, your a disgrace to us real eagles fans.

Originally Posted by durantula

Living in miami and watching ronnie brown play since his rookie year, hes not all that, nice to have but id still rather have mccoy starting. Whatslosinlike take off that sig, your a disgrace to us real eagles fans.

trust..  all brown is, is insurance.. we'll run some wildcat stuff for him.. but mccoy is starting and getting the most of the touches,  barring injury (knock on wood)

only nnambi is guaranteed a starting spot of any of the guys we signed.. and only babin has a chance of starting

jenkins will get about 30 snaps

vince will hopefully only get snaps because of blowouts

and i've touched on ronnie

hopefully winston is gone because of the harris signing.. but i think we start herremens at RT

Don't know if anybody else posted this. but just a couple signings that happend,
[h1]
[h1]Jarrad Page joins the Eagles[/h1]
Posted by Mike Florio on August 2, 2011, 9:11 PM EDT

spt-101004-patriotswin-standard.jpg
AP
With the free-agency market softening and the Eagles becoming the place to be in 2011, Philly is getting a free run at guys who are still looking for chairs as the music moves closer to stopping.

The latest addition is safety Jarrad Page, according to Jay Glazer of FOXSports.com.

Page, who spent the offseason in workouts with Glazer’s MMA group, was traded to the Patriots by the Chiefs in 2010.  A full-time starter in 2007 and 2008, injuries limited Page to five games in 2009.  An ugly holdout preceded his trade to New England.

The team has announced the move.  It’s a one-year deal.
[/h1]

[h1]
[h1]Eagles sign Ryan Harris[/h1]
Posted by Michael David Smith on August 2, 2011, 6:49 PM EDT

harris_ryan.jpg

The Philadelphia Eagles still aren’t done making moves.

Free agent offensive tackle Ryan Harris, formerly of the Broncos, has signed with the Eagles.

Although Harris isn’t the kind of big-name signing that has earned the Eagles the “Dream Team
[/h1]

is Harris any good? at this point anyone is better than Winston
30t6p3b.gif

Back
Top Bottom