Official Photography Thread: Vol. ICan'tFindTheLastOne

so who's as excited about the xSi as I am?
pimp.gif

^^^^At first i was then it kind of died on me.....but I know once I actually get see it in person, it'll probably interest me again. Actually after buyingthe XTi, I kind of wish I got a bigger camera like the 40d. It's funny how things all cylce in odd ways cause when I first got into digital cameras, I onlywanted like pocket sized cameras......and now, I just want huge ones. I always feel kind of incompetent whenever I am surrounded by legit photographers with myXTi and kit lense......haha!

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

^^^^At first i was then it kind of died on me.....but I know once I actually get see it in person, it'll probably interest me again. Actually after buying the XTi, I kind of wish I got a bigger camera like the 40d. It's funny how things all cylce in odd ways cause when I first got into digital cameras, I only wanted like pocket sized cameras......and now, I just want huge ones. I always feel kind of incompetent whenever I am surrounded by legit photographers with my XTi and kit lense......haha!

laugh.gif
Thats why i chill around the people with Point and shoots, thenpull out my D40 like ohhh yeahhhh...
roll.gif

awtkdf.jpg

16aw4r9.jpg

11w4gwi.jpg

28035vc.jpg

o0v2w0.jpg

i picked this up a few months ago with the goal of learning how to use it, it's really more for nature shots and steady surrounding shots. well, i stilldon't know how to use it "properly"
laugh.gif
. i guess i wasreaching when i made this purchase. besides, i'm a little nervous about using this around NYC, i don't need to get tackled by the cops cause they thinki've got a weapon on me.

just curious to know if anyone has had experience with this type of camera. i know it's just a manual camera but any advice would be helpful.

for those who have a flickr account, did you upgrade to the unlimited for a year thing? i hate how photobucket takes the quality away from pics

Originally Posted by NinongBrown

awtkdf.jpg

16aw4r9.jpg

11w4gwi.jpg

28035vc.jpg

o0v2w0.jpg

i picked this up a few months ago with the goal of learning how to use it, it's really more for nature shots and steady surrounding shots. well, i still don't know how to use it "properly"
laugh.gif
. i guess i was reaching when i made this purchase. besides, i'm a little nervous about using this around NYC, i don't need to get tackled by the cops cause they think i've got a weapon on me.

just curious to know if anyone has had experience with this type of camera. i know it's just a manual camera but any advice would be helpful.
I've seen a couple different versions of cameras on rifle mounts. I've actually only seen that one on the web but I've seen a couple oldervariations of the same idea in a couple different camera stores. I would assume you use it just like any other slr camera. I mean with a lens that long youhave to wary of camera shake and otherwise generally speaking Russian optics suck but I assume that camera didn't set you back too much so you probablydidn't expect them to be impeccable anyways so...

GOtta agree with ya'll when I pull out my XTi compared to some of those pieces of trash, I'm like, WOW those actually make pics?!haha, but yeah I feelwierd when there are soem pro photographers around with like 400 mm lenses and I only got my kit on. But ya'll know what they say its not the camera butthe person that makes the great pictures.

Question for Nt camera experts, I am taking a trip to DR in June and wanted to get a Digital camera so I could take tons of pictures. I am obviously cluelessabout photography and was wondering what might be the best DC to get, I am looking to spend a max of 130.00. Thanks

2zrdbw3.jpg

More of the same thing. Stitch of the city in SF. I think this was 10 photos. Rails on the bottom left are kind of jacked and kind of wish i got the sun init. Oh well.......I need a new lense.

So I was away at the weekend - the photography challenge went well - they managed to get the techniical aspects down - nothing worth posting here though.

We had a campfire on Sunday night so I broke out my prime lens to see if I could improve on my last attempt. IMO these are much better than the similarpictures I posted last year. I shot them all at f/2.8 ISO 400 and shutters between 1/30 and 1/60 I think - just depending how bright the fire was at thatmoment. You can really see the difference between the old ones and these in the amount of noise - there isn't really any in this set but the old ones werequite grainy - that's what the f/2.8 gives you. I didn't want to have to go to f/1.8 as it would just make accurate focussing harder - and I was happyto be able to shoot at around 1/30 at that ISO.

They're not all perfectly in focus but they're not bad - in the poor light it was sometimes hard to see. I put white frames on them so you can see theshape on NT. I took about 80 altogether but here's just a selection.

bi5l5g.jpg

n18r45.jpg

4j1c1x.jpg

2vajl03.jpg

v64uur.jpg

2vb8oed.jpg

2z3nnk9.jpg

nqsghk.jpg

Back
Top Bottom