Official Photography Thread: Vol. ICan'tFindTheLastOne

Quote:
^A can of canned air might be good investment its like $5 and probably would work better...

April 23 1848
Rebecca died of typhoid.

EVERYONE IN YOUR PARTY HAS DIED. MANY WAGONS FAIL TO MAKE IT ALL THE WAY TO OREGON. DO YOU WANT TO WRITE YOUR EPITAPH?

^maybe you're right, but alittle practice of cleaning negatives and you get pretty good about not frosting stuff and a controlling the pressure so you're negs don't end up blowing everywhere...

Hey,

Can someone give me a link to a tutorial for cleaning lenses.
One with pictures? And how often must you clean your lense?

-irpsta

More money, more checks. I'm addicted to fresh
Six pairs of kicks is my definition of twelve steps.

^I dont think its really that complicated. If it has electronics (i.e. auto focus) don't over kill on the cleaning solution. The stuff they sell in camera stores is virtually the same thing you'll get from an optometrist for cleaning your glasses and is ideal (basically that it's alcohol based). Basically i would say clean it if it's dirty. dust, etc, then clean. I know people who are anal that clean their lenses practically everytime they take the cap off, its unnecessary, kinda pointless, and possibly damaging but really just clean it if you see dust on it... spray and wipe with one of those clothes they use for eye glasses (make sure that its clean though). be gentle... it's not complicated.. the sensor, i'm not really the person to ask, but cleaning the lense is very simple...

end of the day a tiny spec of dust isnt going to ruin your picture. I spend hours in photoshop electronically dusting negatives and manually on prints with spotting inks...

anyone's help..

I got dry mounted black n white pics that i'm trying to put up on my wall.

like is there anything else you guys would suggest besides maybe that 2 sided squared sticky tape?
Vallejo, CA

Quote:
like is there anything else you guys would suggest besides maybe that 2 sided squared sticky tape?
April 23 1848
Rebecca died of typhoid.

EVERYONE IN YOUR PARTY HAS DIED. MANY WAGONS FAIL TO MAKE IT ALL THE WAY TO OREGON. DO YOU WANT TO WRITE YOUR EPITAPH?

Quote:
J0rdan GirL
:lol:
laugh.gif
thats the spot.

I'm loving everybodys pics.

hey ebayologist. Could you explain to me a little more about the Canon Extension tube? Do i just attach it to a stock lens or to the camera or what? Its looking good to me though because of the price. Thanks a lot.

TEAMlateNIGHT
>WE NEVER SLEEP<
Sleep doesn't exsist in my house

^ a lense tube to shortens the focal length. like for instance I have 21mm lense tube for my hassy which I have an 80mm (a straight lense) lense (its simplier to explain with non-zoom lense, but works the same). so 80mm is the distance from the center focal point of the lense that essentiallly determines the shallowest depth of focus in the case of my hassy with the 80mm it's 3 meters which is very common in medium format straight lenses. So in essence I can't focus on something close to the camera than 3 meters. the lense tube lengthens the focal length which inversely shortens the depth of focus. So instead of 3 meters its probably around 1.5 meters. In non-macro shots this helps me get a smaller frame futher away, the only disandvantage of a lense tube that the focus @ infitinity might not be as sharp as without it.

Basically tubes or bellows are generally used with marco/close up stuff for short depth of focus and portraiture for composition. Clearly the macro lense will probably get the best macro shot but by the same token macro+the tube would probably be ideal, so getting the tube is by no means the final solution but think of it a part of a of a+b=c b probably being a macro lense and c being great marco shots...

You attach the tube to the camera and the lense to the tube, goes inbetween lense and camera... They're useful with virtually any lense but mostly a straight lense and macro, its good thing to have thats a: cheap and b: alot of non-professionals and "professionals" don't use them cause they in reality they don't know their @#%$ from a hole in the wall. I see commercial photographers that list their equipment and have half a dozen lenses and not a one lense tube...

[J d0t c0medy]

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
what you know about Jackson Hole.... thats the spot.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yes sir, thats the spot...bacon/cheese potato skins, bacon cheese burger, bronco sandwich, chicken tenders, chocolate shake, strawberry daiquiri on 83rd. second booth please, lol ; ]

ebayologist-
thanks a lot for the tutorial and the feedback on two of my pictures. you are right that i cropped the connect four picture and that i was shooting down on the swing picture. that helped me out so much. and like j20 said i just really loved how the old and new swing were sitting together. now i know what level to shoot it at. as for the connect four picture, i just thought it was a weird sign. the light was not my doing. like i said i have just started. but thanks again for your input. can't wait to learn more.
this comment was made on a mac

Tell me what you think!
My girl and the globe.

:smile:
smile.gif
TEAM CLEVELAND CAVS
James,Pavlovic,Hughes,Gooden,IIgauskas,Varejao,Marshall ,Da.Jones,Pollard,Snow,Wesley,Newble,Gibson,Brown​

untitled1rk0.jpg

Thats what I think... (per an random obtrusive objects that would screw with the plane, i.e. like some ugly building right next to it) But really my gut feeling was like why is this picture portrait instead of landscape. possible shot from about 10 feet back. But reading that its suppose to be the world and your girl, I'd shoot closer up. get alittle perspective from low to high, girl vs the huge world kinda thing. either that or like i said back up. feels like your playing it safe just getting an image not a photograph persay...

Also i've said this before about someone else's pictures, the sun is too high in the sky. ideally late afternoon sun with the long shadows and less harsh sun would better this probably what like 1 or 2 pm maybe?

I really like the last 3 pics

I especially like the disney font on the epcot pic!
-tCAP*

Im selling my collection of rare and exclusive jerseys on eBay

00011yq5.jpg

00017mw9.jpg

00013kl8.jpg

00014yj3.jpg

00016ab1.jpg

00015zv3.jpg
April 23 1848
Rebecca died of typhoid.

00011yq5.jpg

I hate when I take photos and I get white skies. It truly takes so much
away from the picture, this shot would be so much better if it had an
actuall colored sky.

00017mw9.jpg

Love this shot, think I would like it better if you cropped out a bit more of
the sidewalk though.

00014yj3.jpg

Not that you can really do anything about the wall, but I think this shot
would be even more amazing if the walls were the same on each side,
give it a more symmetry feel to the photo. And if the street sign wasn't
there. Also for some reason it seems crooked, even though I know it's
not. Weird. Good shot either way though.

00015zv3.jpg

I just love this photo, period.

Hey,

I know this is a photography thread, but this is a shoe forum, soo.....

10's and Visvims? :nerd:
nerd.gif
:tongue:
tongue.gif
00016ab1.jpg
More money, more checks. I'm addicted to fresh
Six pairs of kicks is my definition of twelve steps.

I'm new at this. Bear with me.(haha pun unintended)

TEAM CLEVELAND CAVS
James,Pavlovic,Hughes,Gooden,IIgauskas,Varejao,Marshall ,Da.Jones,Pollard,Snow,Wesley,Newble,Gibson,Brown​

Bruce Lee's Grave

603463062_2b0bd0759c_o.jpg
Keep the Sonics in Seattle
Ray / & KEVIN/ & Rashard / & Chris / & Luke / & Earl / & Damien / & Nick / & Johan

That bear shot is cool - a little overexposed though. If you've shot that in raw it could be really easily corrected though - just turn on the highlights indicator and move the slider to reduce them.

Quote:
for uv filter expect it mostly to protect the lense. they might claim it improves the contrast, and it probably will but $13 only gets you so much improvement...
TEAM SINISTER

Shopping at The Leftorium since 1977.

Back
Top Bottom