Official Photography Thread: Vol. ICan'tFindTheLastOne

we can't let this thread die...

*bump*
:pimp:
pimp.gif
TeamS.Carolina
What's a sneaker boutique?
XXX

Beautiful pics everyone, does anyone have HD pics of flames?

If money didn't change you, YOU'RE NOT MAKING ENOUGH!!!

jbeezie
teamdecepticon
T R A N S F O R M E R S
2 people using this screen name.sole lovely/mjbetch/a filipino
TEAM MAC​

i want to get in to photography...any good web sites i could go to to read on the basics from lighting to the correct type of lenses? or is a class better to take? thanks

THE AVY KINGNeed an AVY? Click Here!

How do I get my border to be a solid white border? When I added this it made it kind of looked faded on the edges instead of just 10-15 pixes of solid color. Anyone know what I mean???

edit: In photoshop please

^ just increase the canvas size... I don't know what your doing now but increasing the canvas size will get it how you want...

Quote:
want to get in to photography...any good web sites i could go to to read on the basics from lighting to the correct type of lenses? or is a class better to take? thanks
e22s :lol:
laugh.gif
) the answer can probably be found on the web but for the most part they're like second nature and peice of cake to answer. (mind you I've taken 4 photography classes). But even in a beginning photography class you'll learn quite a bit and probably be able to take away alot more than just reading a web photography guide...

As far as where to take a class most state college or university would probably have a decent enough photography classes for non-degree seeking students...

Still learning the new camera. 'eh' on the Waikiki panoramic. First time. Great stuff, all. Keep the thread going. Peace.

My Photos

Virginia Beach......Slide On The Roof 2003

Quote:
How do I get my border to be a solid white border? When I added this it made it kind of looked faded on the edges instead of just 10-15 pixes of solid color. Anyone know what I mean???
TeamS.Carolina
What's a sneaker boutique?
XXX

copped a rebel xt with a canon 28-105mm f/3.8 lens earlier this week. returning the lens due to it not being wide enough, but here is my first hdr image i did using this cam...

0 - Exposure
DPP_0001.jpg

-2 - Exposure
DPP_0002.jpg

+2 - Exposure
DPP_0003.jpg

HDR
canon_hdr3.jpg

... just do it ...

QUESTION!:

i have a DSC-T100 and i got photoshop, how do i get this vintage styled look like in these pictures?:

ONE.org
MAKE POVERTY HISTORY

^ well for starters 120 film has text running on both side of the film so I'd start by putting that little photoshop fake film thing on the otherside of the film too, and getting the aspect ratio correct... :lol:
laugh.gif

then, I would push the color contrasts probably push it either warm or cool depending on the film. see as how you using the fake fuji film text, if you want to be real to fuji film you should push it cool, i.e. blue, violet, and green. No film is 100% color correct so if want a vintage look that would be way to go.

any tips on how to make my photo better? it seems like when i use my fish eye lens, there is a hint of blue to it... dont mind the smudge in the bush, its a smudge on the lens :b
tongue.gif
54bu0d2
Team
Air Max Family and Pacific Northwest​

Quote:
any tips on how to make my photo better? it seems like when i use my fish eye lens, there is a hint of blue to it... dont mind the smudge in the bush, its a smudge on the lens . ill clean it later

Well, when first looking at the photo I can't figure out the problem right off the bat so this is just a guess. But maybe close down the lense i.e. higher f-stop and/or raise the pixel rate and/or lower the iso. The blue seems odd, but with film when you scan it a color cast is a given so. I would go about that the same way you do film and just color correct i.e. push the color more yellow until it looks correct but probably an easier solution, maybe white balance?

Quote:
Critique please......
AirJordans4Life
To be honest I like your previous stuff alot more. felt like it was quite personable. like you could tell you were like family man type dude and your kids were important. as photographer I try to let my work speak for where I'm coming from.

For instance my current project that I'm shoot at currrently is on el train riders (Chicago), specifically commuters, because I used to commute 45 mins to class every morning and it was a @#%$ but its a totally different crowd than normal, but anyhow long story short all my shots are from the perspective off places i usually sit or stand on the train. So the intent is to be show this is how I see commuting on the train.

So anyhow these shots don't really seem to speak to your previous work, but anyhow.
1st, strikes me as odd, I don't know how tall you are but even myself at 6'3" a basketball goal strikes me as tall, here its not so we the view are left going wondering. usually people do the opposite as far as depth of focus and I suppose thats interesting but I think people it that way for a reason... its like foreground sharp focus and background blured like we all know a basketball goal and bluring the background makes its "any goal" like could be the one around the block... doing the opposite just makes the background fully aware and the baskeball goal blury...

2nd I like this one if you had gone with this composition on the 6th one with your son I think it would be a great diptych. It would be a great juxaposition of pre-son to your son now... which I think is certainly a more that valid concept.

3rd aside from the light kind of washing it out in all a very similar group of values and nothing really standing out I think the idea is valid of focusing on a detail but the detail as a subject has to pop, instead it falls back..

4th feels oddly composed. its not a bad photo, I just kinda like ehh..

5th I think if your going for like drawn out perspective and I think you have to go for the gold figuratively, as in really draw the perspective out if thats what your going for, don't ride the fence..

6th if it was composed like 2nd I think would be an awesome diptych...

Nothing bad to say about them, maybe white balance... and I think you have great subjects in your kids I think they make for alot more interesting photography that just random buildings and railings.

-------------------------------------------------

This just reminded me of something. theres a photographer who name I'm blanking on he is a japanese photographer who I think has a done a few films too, but anyhow, he would do entire series of static
compositions where the subject just moved within the consitent space.

In my B&W last fall I did a whole self portrait series in my apt over about a 2 week period where I would periodically take pictures of me doing random things with exactly the same composition I would just be sitting or standing differently in the frame every time.

Same idea as what I suggested with the compostion of image #2 with and then make another photograph of same composition but like #6 with your son at the water fountain...

^^^thanks for the suggestions ebay.

I've been taking so many pics of my kids, I wanted to change it up this time around.

In regards to the first pic, i was standing on a ledge behind the hoop. I was purposely trying to make the hoop out of focus...just something you dont see very often with the foreground blurred and the background in focus.

And I thought the fire alarm would pop. very bright color, text in the subject, spider webs, rust. Why do you think the subject has no pop?

Good advice on the railings. I'll keep that in mind.

And yeah, i totally forgot about white balance until was done taking the pics. I think it might of been set on sunny from the previous day.
by the way, make sure to read my sig...

ebay Auctions To Come​

Quote:
Why do you think the subject has no pop?

It doesnt pop for a number of reasons I think most importantly is that its all warm tones.. the fact that its not white balanced doesnt help but there is lack of contrast in color between subject and background. if the wall was blue and the fire thing was red, it would pop. red on what looks like yellow doesn't pop...

Quote:
just something you dont see very often with the foreground blurred and the background in focus.
:lol:
laugh.gif
thats pretty hard and fast rule.

Like for instance on the train there are poles etc. that fall in the foreground in before the focal range so they're going to come out quite blured and the people or whatever in the foreground and background will be in focus, so the pole is just like a random object. it's in the foreground and not in focus but its also not the subject either...

Like if your son was out shooting a ball at the goal trying to make it rain from deep and you could see him heaving up a ball at the goal I would buy into the concept of the way its composed without doubt but currently i'm like eh...

^^^ahhh...i see. i shoulda payed more attention on the white balance..it totally slipped my mind. lol

the subject was actually the tree and the red sky. but i see what your saying. The hoop actually stands out more than anything else in the picture.
by the way, make sure to read my sig...

ebay Auctions To Come​

To bump and contribute.
These were my first attempts at heavily HDRing some of my photos.
Each image was derived from a single exposure jpeg.

I know I ODed on the saturation, any tips on achieving a more balanced effect?

960053858_454663171c.jpg

959402355_8e3056da6b.jpg

960394570_1b1e47f0b4.jpg

----
Karmaloop 20% off!
Code: AN7084

Back
Top Bottom