Official Photography Thread: Vol. ICan'tFindTheLastOne

no man no specific theme for a Pano .. we are just doing it to have fun and go out there and have fun man ....

yo i gotta learn how to do Pano shots, but i need to upgrade my photoshop first.
anyway, my g9 and nifty fifty are officially gone today, so i think im going to pre-order the af-s 35mm

Photog heads help me out.

I got a friend selling a d40 for $170. Camera comes with battery, battery charger, 1gb memory card, 18-55 lens, and a Nikon neck strap

is this a good deal?

Originally Posted by PONRinthisWGM

I got a friend selling a d40 for $170. Camera comes with battery, battery charger, 1gb memory card, 18-55 lens, and a Nikon neck strap

is this a good deal?
that's a GREAT STEAL. what's wrong with it though? haha

^The memory card door is loose, but that wont effect it at all will it?

he was originally selling the camera and lens seperately for 175 and 50 but I got him to lower it to 175 for both.

is this a good deal?
Scoop that up if it's in good working condition. I'm trying to find one for cheap
ohwell.gif
.Lucky.

^The memory card door is loose, but that wont effect it at all will it?

he was originally selling the camera and lens seperately for 175 and 50 but I got him to lower it to 175 for both.
does the camera still function properly? is it going to break off soon? if it doesnt bother you, go for it!

^It shouldnt break off unless I hit it or something, just loose.

And as long as the memory card stays in I could care less about the door?

Exactly how much are D40s with the 18-55 lens going for nowadays?

NT, since we're on the topic.. What are your thoughts on he D40 for $299.99. It's at Circuity City and I believe only the display is left. Deal? Orhold off?

Thanks in advance.

if the door doesnt close, then im not sure if it will shoot or not. if it does, then i gues you dont have to worry about it. haha

Whoot! Just got my lens back from repair...took a while but I decided to test it out. Its been a while since I posted.

3315721750_b04ba9dba4.jpg

Originally Posted by Phouvieng

NT, since we're on the topic.. What are your thoughts on he D40 for $299.99. It's at Circuity City and I believe only the display is left. Deal? Or hold off?

Thanks in advance.
if its the display bargain for a lower price... i personally wouldn't take the display tho... all #+#%+! up from people touching the lensinside and stuff and just playing with it.. at least the displays by me were messed up.. just my 2 cents..

Originally Posted by Kickmatic23

Originally Posted by Phouvieng

NT, since we're on the topic.. What are your thoughts on he D40 for $299.99. It's at Circuity City and I believe only the display is left. Deal? Or
hold off?

Thanks in advance.
if its the display bargain for a lower price... i personally wouldn't take the display tho... all $!@*** up from people touching the lens inside and stuff and just playing with it.. at least the displays by me were messed up.. just my 2 cents..

Nah, I agree completely; That's why I've been so hesitant in acquiring. Truth be told though, I've never been a fan of buying off display, butI've been so antsy to finally get an DSLR, that I've been considering everything. Thanks again though, appreciated.

^ why thank you, go to my flickr, go to random ny, and you can see it bigger... and it looks better that way imo

Originally Posted by mjbetch

D200's are now only $599 at bestbuy.com
this was posted a few pages back but thanks for bringing it up again for those that want it... not a bad deal... i thought about it... but irather save a bit more and get the d90 for video

so my 40D took a crap.

3260108300_23f30ca7f5_o.jpg

since i bought it at best buy, i sent it in for repair cuz i have the warranty + service plan first week of feb....then on 2/24 (my bday) i went there andfound out that my 40D is UNFIXABLE.

to make a long story short.

heres what i ended up with.
3308033671_61d4dcb77e_o.jpg

one of the better birthdays ive had in a long time.

and heres just first couple of photos with it.

3313494774_b45b28e917_o.jpg

3312665671_98c508666f_o.jpg

3313494492_b1d1e69d56_o.jpg

i picked up the 12-24 the same day before i dropped by best buy with the anticipation of getting my 40D back. but it never did....
frown.gif

Originally Posted by mjbetch

if the door doesnt close, then im not sure if it will shoot or not. if it does, then i gues you dont have to worry about it. haha

I think it'll function just fine. In fact, depending on how long he's had the camera you might be able to get Nikon to fix it for you depending on howyou handle it. It's a great deal, but I would play eBay for a while. I got my D40X with the 55-200mm lens, a 1GB card, and the body with a battery (nocharger or 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 lens or manuals) for $279 shipped from an eBay based pawn shop. I bought a charger for $9.99 with free shipping and the 18-55mmlens for $109 with free shipping from adorama.com. Don't bother getting the 55-200mm unless it's the VR or I think there's a 75-300mm which leavesyou with only a 20mm gap. If you're just now getting into photography, go for it! If you've been working for a while and basically know your sh*t andjust don't have a dSLR, then I would look around more. Lenses cost more than that deal.

Originally Posted by qksLvrtypeS

so my 40D took a crap.

since i bought it at best buy, i sent it in for repair cuz i have the warranty + service plan first week of feb....then on 2/24 (my bday) i went there and found out that my 40D is UNFIXABLE.

to make a long story short.

heres what i ended up with.

one of the better birthdays ive had in a long time.

and heres just first couple of photos with it.

i picked up the 12-24 the same day before i dropped by best buy with the anticipation of getting my 40D back. but it never did....
frown.gif
From my better-than-average knowledge about computers, I'd say that if you look around or take it to the right Mom'n'Pop photo store,it probably just needs to be wiped clean and have the memory and programming reformatted. I do it every few years to my computers and the come back good asnew! Either that or something happened that broke a chip inside and then you're just screwed. You can always sell it on eBay AS IS to some 14 year oldcomputer genius. Sorry about the 40D, but it looks like you got some great friends/family to get you a new set-up.

edit: It looks like you were just playing with the new camera, but it shows that you used auto WB for all the shots. If that's not the norm for you thencool. If you usually shoot with auto WB, then that would explain why in your shot of the kitchen the walls aren't really any shade of white-- more of ablue/yellow. Anytime you have a white wall, you can set your WB pretty easily by taking a picture of the white wall (or anything white for that matter) andsomewhere on your cameras menu (I don't know for Canons) you should be able to use that picture to set the WB.

Back
Top Bottom