Official Photography Thread: Vol. ICan'tFindTheLastOne

I'm considering getting into photography and I've been looking at the nikon d40. Did some research and it seems to be a great beginner slr. Can anyonechime in? Thanks in advance

Nice pics everyone. Some random pics I took.

3537582792_f24e9abf90.jpg

3537582682_a0e0e4a96a.jpg

3537582148_b582bddc0d.jpg

3536767935_28690d831c.jpg

Originally Posted by illmatickal

I'm considering getting into photography and I've been looking at the nikon d40. Did some research and it seems to be a great beginner slr. Can anyone chime in? Thanks in advance
Get a canon
pimp.gif
On a serious note though from what I'veheard/read about the camera, the d40 is a damn good camera to start out with.
Don't really know much about Nikons in general but I'm sure the camera experts here can help you.

I have a D40 which i got for my birthday a couple years back. Its perfect for getting to know a camera and getting to know how to shoot with the differentfeatures it offers.

thanks for the info! From what I've read the d40 and d60 are pretty much the same camera except for a few things. Do those features justify the extra $?

My budget is sub $400-500 at the moment. What camera besides the d40 would you guys recommend for someone thats getting their first slr?

I highly recommend the d40 for a starter. Its def a beginners camera.. and its cheaper than a canon.. I use a d40 and love it

Originally Posted by illmatickal

thanks for the info! From what I've read the d40 and d60 are pretty much the same camera except for a few things. Do those features justify the extra $?

My budget is sub $400-500 at the moment. What camera besides the d40 would you guys recommend for someone thats getting their first slr?

Go with a canon haha. Seriously though, I think they are better cameras. You can get a used rebel xti for in or below your price range. IMO, they are betterthan a nikon D40. Check out the listings on this site. http://photography-on-the.net/forum/index.php . Some good used gear.

Here's the best advice I can give bro. Go to a store and try out both Nikon and Canon. The one that feels better in your hands is the one you go with.

I really want to get into photography but I don't always have the time... I'm buying a Nikon once I graduate in December... I've already decided...this is one of my favorite threads to lurk in on NT...

so i just finally discovered the absolute greatness when shooting in RAW.. the only thing is, i hate opening every single file on its own and working on itrather than just batch processing everything. unless you can do that?

Originally Posted by mjbetch

so i just finally discovered the absolute greatness when shooting in RAW.. the only thing is, i hate opening every single file on its own and working on it rather than just batch processing everything. unless you can do that?
15MB files FTL!

^very true though.

but the quality... blaaah idk what to do. haha
Don't get me wrong, RAW is definitely appreciated, but sometimes annoying.

Any of you guys know a lot about blogger templates? I'm trying to get a picture on the sidebar to link to all my pictures, but I dont know how... thesidebar is all the way at the bottom on my log instead of on the side of the posts... any decent tutorials?

Here's the pic I want to set as a link:

3537660259_c7db580441.jpg

so i just finally discovered the absolute greatness when shooting in RAW.. the only thing is, i hate opening every single file on its own and working on it rather than just batch processing everything. unless you can do that?

use bridge to view your cr2 files =]

no point in shooting raw just to process to jpeg without editing...

i edit through PS & camera Raw. then i downsize my big to 8bit, and save the jpge copy.

3537822915_12ae78b229_b.jpg

3537835017_354b607c47_b.jpg

3537821859_9f5100aca4_b.jpg

just got home from a long day of shooting... i have 800 pics from today
grin.gif

Originally Posted by DJ bana

use bridge to view your cr2 files =]

no point in shooting raw just to process to jpeg without editing...

i edit through PS & camera Raw. then i downsize my big to 8bit, and save the jpge copy.

just got home from a long day of shooting... i have 800 pics from today
grin.gif
oh of course. i love messing with the sliders. they make a
eek.gif
difference.

nice pics and nice nipps
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom