Official Photography Thread: Vol. ICan'tFindTheLastOne

i od'ed in photoshop lol but it came out kind of interesting. i tried a bunch of different things here. i think i'm addicted to bokeh. i wish icould afford a d700 and 85 1.4. that would keep me occupied for a minute haha
3699162947_5aaef23ed0.jpg

Originally Posted by verynecessary

i od'ed in photoshop lol but it came out kind of interesting. i tried a bunch of different things here. i think i'm addicted to bokeh. i wish i could afford a d700 and 85 1.4. that would keep me occupied for a minute haha

That came out dope. Kind of reminds me of when you go to those Disneyland rides where there is a bunch of black lights everywhere. It looks interestingthough...

Originally Posted by verynecessary

i od'ed in photoshop lol but it came out kind of interesting. i tried a bunch of different things here. i think i'm addicted to bokeh. i wish i could afford a d700 and 85 1.4. that would keep me occupied for a minute haha
dopeness.

Trying to practice with the 35mm. Kind of difficult actually. I am so used to shooting stupid fisheye stuff all the time......and I got all inspired to do someodd post-production:

quiet-time-1.jpg

quiet-time-2.jpg

quiet-time-3.jpg

quiet-time-4.jpg

quiet-time-5.jpg

Hopefully I'll start shooting way more with this since I have to kind of practice with it for that damn wedding I am doing.

HELP!!

I'm trying new things on Photoshop from my recent trip to NY. I was wondering if anyone can help me add some color to the sky...

3700843162_c2b3dc19b6_b.jpg

Fongstar, how is the 35? Is it fit for walking around taking pictures (not so much like Point & Shoot)? I mean unlike the 50mm where you have to spaceyourself from any subject, is the 35mm a nice enough distance all round?

i have the 35mm on my d300 and its almost like the 50mm but you get a little more room to operate.

Originally Posted by sigmakidownz

Fongstar, how is the 35? Is it fit for walking around taking pictures (not so much like Point & Shoot)? I mean unlike the 50mm where you have to space yourself from any subject, is the 35mm a nice enough distance all round?

Pretty much what Ourtran said. It's definitely more user friendly then the 50mm. I would say you can be about 2-4 feet away from your subject and get themin frame no problem. You can definilty use it as an all around lens as long as you aren't shooting things that are too far.

But this might be cause I am realizing I am not into narrow lenses but the 35mm I think was a little hyped up. I think the best part about it is shooting inlow light but I swear it isn't as fast as my nifty-fifty was and would even go on a limb and say my fisheye shoots just as good in low light at f2.8. MaybeI just need more practice though.......but I am hating almost 75% of the shots that I shoot.

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

But this might be cause I am realizing I am not into narrow lenses but the 35mm I think was a little hyped up. I think the best part about it is shooting in low light but I swear it isn't as fast as my nifty-fifty was and would even go on a limb and say my fisheye shoots just as good in low light at f2.8. Maybe I just need more practice though.......but I am hating almost 75% of the shots that I shoot.
hey fong... there's nothing really special about the 35mm focal length on a dx cam. ends up being close to a 50mm, which is a"normal" lens. to get better shots, you've got to use the fast aperture to your advantage. make sure you've got interestingtextures/shapes/colors/light in the background behind your subject (or in the foreground) and shoot wide open. sometimes that means moving around to get abetter angle or to change the background. you'll get some very nice bokeh (out of focus) effects to compliment the subject.

try shooting faster than 1/50 sec in low light (you can use shutter priority at 1/50 sec and auto iso or aperture priority set to f/1.8 and auto iso lockedabove 1/50). that'll keep things from blurring out. fisheyes can shoot slower because wide angles don't show motion blur as bad. the 35mm will stopaction a little better though.

this is the view out my front door. more bokehrama (brenizer) stuff. the door got a little warped, but not too bad.

Back
Top Bottom