Official Photography Thread: Vol. ICan'tFindTheLastOne

Originally Posted by FlyingEMU05

yeah i had to lock mine at 22 but i could still change it in the camera. i was just confused because i though dude was using the aperture ring on the lens instead of the wheel on the camera.
if he was using a non-AF lens, then yea, you could use the aperture ring to control aperture (since MF lenses usually/all lack the level thatallows for aperture control from the camera. also, if you do macro work with some extension tubes, you have to use to aperture rings because there's noelectronic communication btwn the lens and cam

i think everyone should have at least one lens with an aperture ring (preferably a 50mm 1.8 or 1.4) for easy macro shooting.

Originally Posted by kdawg

Turns out they do make two. $90 or $60 but right now you can get 15% off and free shipping. Looks pretty good too:

138051_1_1

112009_1_1

I like the look of the first one - neat but big enough for a days stuff.

Still only comes in a righty version though.
I use this backpack. The cool thing is that it can turn into a sling (right or left), so its like 3 packs in one hah. I needed this backpack fortraveling in the city to carry all my random crap.

KAD3N120_1.jpg
kata-kt-d-3n1-20-sling-backpack4.jpg

-My only beef with this bag is that the straps are kinda dinky and if you dont have much gear like me (camera, kit lens, 50mm), the weight in the bag will beunevenly distributed since the camera goes in sideways. But I installed a support for my camera so it does lean to one side and its more evenly horizontal.

Don't remember if I posted these ...

Some film photos from my Canon SLR ... the quality of the film was whack also .

2chszfl.png

2804e0w.png

besides the Crumpler 8 Million Dollar Home...are there any shoulder camera bags that can hold a laptop, camera and 2 - lenses?

any recommendations? I currently have the Tamrac Adventure. But its a pain in the butt to carry a DSLR in a backpack...seems like a hassle to take off yourbackpack just take the camera out of the bag. I think it would be easier to carry it on a shoulder bag.

To the people that has a backpack or shoulder bag...what do you guys think?

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

I remember back in the days, someone had a link to a bunch of ghetto lighting rigs. Anyone by chance have that?

And does anyone think this is worth trying. I am going to take a cue from that video that was posted a couple of pages back and get like a LED flash light and somehow attach it to my tripod and use it as an external light instead of buying or using my stock flash. Do you think the LED flashlight will act as a nice light source? Or is there any other ghetto rig that is worth trying? Thanks? Oh...and I am really just trying to light the couples faces. I don't need a light source for their whole bodies.
Hey Fong,

Were you talking about this? http://www.flickr.com/pho.../sets/72157604254959243/
Pretty cool stuff. Thanks for reminding me. I really wanna try to build some of these.

Originally Posted by i just got lucky

besides the Crumpler 8 Million Dollar Home...are there any shoulder camera bags that can hold a laptop, camera and 2 - lenses?

any recommendations? I currently have the Tamrac Adventure. But its a pain in the butt to carry a DSLR in a backpack...seems like a hassle to take off your backpack just take the camera out of the bag. I think it would be easier to carry it on a shoulder bag.

To the people that has a backpack or shoulder bag...what do you guys think?
It may be easier to get the camera out the shoulder bag but a backpack makes it so much easier to carry your gear with you.. i used a shoulder bagfor my canon 40D + some lenses and it gets kinda heavy on your shoulder after a while. i would def get a backpack for my next dslr that i plan on getting,..

Originally Posted by PoPcoRN Playa 24

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

I remember back in the days, someone had a link to a bunch of ghetto lighting rigs. Anyone by chance have that?

And does anyone think this is worth trying. I am going to take a cue from that video that was posted a couple of pages back and get like a LED flash light and
somehow attach it to my tripod and use it as an external light instead of buying or using my stock flash. Do you think the LED flashlight will act as a nice
light source? Or is there any other ghetto rig that is worth trying? Thanks? Oh...and I am really just trying to light the couples faces. I don't need a
light source for their whole bodies.
Hey Fong,

Were you talking about this? http://www.flickr.com/pho.../sets/72157604254959243/
Pretty cool stuff. Thanks for reminding me. I really wanna try to build some of these.

It wasn't that exact link but similar stuff. I think the link I saw had even more ghetto setups. Like there was one where a guy took like a ton of flashesand taped them up together to get a mega flash. They even had that light ring that quick did as well. But thanks for that link though.

Originally Posted by Chi ILL

Originally Posted by mjbetch

Originally Posted by Chi ILL

mjbetch ,

I hella read your blog !
laugh.gif
haha forreal?! or is that sarcasm?
laugh.gif
i havent updated in AGESSSSS

haha
pimp.gif
LOL , no sarcasm . I really do .
laugh.gif

You need to update more foo !
hehe fine fine. i'll definitely update more when i go to cali in a week.

since after all it's a photog thread...
i took these last march.

i might have posted these before, but what the hay!

3406569444_e5d4b64073_o.jpg

3405758381_b8bbb87230_o.jpg

3405758037_84c5948732_o.jpg

3405758439_faa34e34fa_o.jpg

3369634440_236fbdcbbf_o.jpg

What's a good lens to cop around the $350 mark?

I've done well with my kit lens on my T1i but its time to move on... I also have a basic 75-300mm but its prettyweak... I was close to getting a canon EF 28-135mm but it was sold, should I still push for that cam. or is theresomething better out there? I've also been lookin at a tamron 17-85mm...

Just got a Tokina 11-16

here's a shot
laugh.gif

2qkqzxx.png

I'm excited for my trip to Yosemite tomorrow. Hopefully, I come out with more good than bad shots. Wish me luck guys!

Back
Top Bottom