Official Photography Thread: Vol. ICan'tFindTheLastOne

I haven't posted in this topic really, only 1nce.
But I just started Photography 2 last week, so
I will be shooting like crazy. I will post often
lets keep this thread alive for sure.

ebay- Whats your major?

^ Graphic Design/Photography.

Really only art photography, I have absolutely no interest in commercial photography...

Quote:
Couple questions:

1. How do I save images in raw format?

While, I would assume Purple Face correct about not being able to shoot raw with a P&S. Technically you could save them as tiffs. I really don't know how helpful that would be. I mean it wouldn't make them any better, but it would make them more stable editable files. It may or may not be worth it just because literally the only advantage your getting is long term stablilty i.e. not added information at the cost of taking up signifcantly more memory I would assume... But say you have an image you want to keep for a bit or edit alot, saving it as off the bat isnt a bad idea... so if you have photoshop, just save as and save it as a tiff.

6c2v044.png
:smile:
smile.gif

6bna6pv.png

638pcsm.png

68jphmt.png

52ohk6f.png
ebay Auctions To Come​

I don't know if you overprocess your pics AirJordans4Life but most of them look too red or yellow. Your son looks sunburnt forever :lol:
laugh.gif
April 23 1848
Rebecca died of typhoid.

EVERYONE IN YOUR PARTY HAS DIED. MANY WAGONS FAIL TO MAKE IT ALL THE WAY TO OREGON. DO YOU WANT TO WRITE YOUR EPITAPH?

^^^he is sun burnt forever. he plays outside all day long at school, then has soccer 3 times a week, then basketball 2 times a week.

but i think cuz i change the profile on photoshop to RGB 1998 which makes the pics a little more red, in addition to him being burnt. lol

and i've been working on my Dell laptop lately so the the colors and contrast are not what they suppose to me. the pics probably look fine on my screen but not on yours.
by the way, make sure to read my sig...

ebay Auctions To Come​

Went to Lake Tahoe....

-ANGELO
WANTED: White or black Vans Half Cabs Bullet Proof size 12.
TEAM XBOX360​
Gamertag: YuNg Noypi

Quote:
but i think cuz i change the profile on photoshop to RGB 1998 which makes the pics a little more red, in addition to him being burnt.

Adobe RGB 1998 is argueably the best color profile bar none. at minimium the best RGB color profile.

Quote:
and i've been working on my Dell laptop lately so the the colors and contrast are not what they suppose to me. the pics probably look fine on my screen but not on yours.

It's probably this. That and a great color profile does squat if your screen isnt calibrated to it. I don't know where you work but if you have like graphic design or marketing dept they probably have a pantone calibrater called a huey takes very little time and is way good...

But it's also Tinypic, from what I've noticed and maybe this isnt the case but certainly feels like tinypic distorts and creates color castes whereas other things like photobucket or imageshack are alittle better.

But anyhow, I like the 3rd photograph. the color caste is difficult to overlook but that and what looks like a blurry elbow are ehh, but otherwise definately my favorite of the bunch..

I'll have to browse thru this whole post one day and find my favorites. definately some nice work..

^ any good tips for calibrating a monitor.

I can't work out how to do it. My pics print okay but I just want to make sure - I also have a 2 monitor setup - one CRT and one TFT and pictures look really different if I drag them across.
TEAM SINISTER

Shopping at The Leftorium since 1977.

hmmm....i'm cool with the dude the that works in our industrial design department. i could ask him. my brother-in-law is also a graphic artist at a graphic design company, i'll ask him what he can do also.

but here are the same pics with the original color profile.

RGB 1998
4qfv2wm.png

Original Profile
4lqil2g.png

RGB 1998
6b4kkfb.png

Original Profile
54aibgl.png

RGB 1998
52ohk6f.png

Original Profile
2cgj0bb.png
ebay Auctions To Come​

^ no ps. we use an SLR camera and not a P&S
teamdecepticon​
T R A N S F O R M E R S​
2 people using this screen name.sole lovely/mjbetch/a filipino​
TEAM MAC​

^^^^incorrect. some of my pics in here have been from a Canon point and shoot....i also have a couple from the camera on my phone. i know Fong uses a P&S also. Solistik also uses a P&S once in awhile.

Some tips in photoshop are:
1. edit>Assign Profile>RGB 1998. this color profile makes all the colors stand out a lot more.
2. image>adjustments. play with the following: Levels, brightness/contrast, curves, color balance, shadow/highlight. these adjustments can improve your pics a lot.
3. filter>Sharpen>Unsharp Mask. adjusting this will sharpen you pics.

these are just some of the basic things. my advice, just play with all the adjustments. you learn by doing.
by the way, make sure to read my sig...

ebay Auctions To Come​

^ Immah start doing that...cause i only use the brightness/contrast and sharpen on P.S.

Thanks for the tips AirJordans4Life.
-ANGELO
WANTED: White or black Vans Half Cabs Bullet Proof size 12.
TEAM XBOX360​
Gamertag: YuNg Noypi

Quote:
^ any good tips for calibrating a monitor.

I can't work out how to do it. My pics print okay but I just want to make sure - I also have a 2 monitor setup - one CRT and one TFT and pictures look really different if I drag them across.
kdwallace it depends on if you're calibrating for rgb or cmyk (web/computer or print). from what your saying I'll assume you mean rgb. Honestly the best and simplest way is with a calibration device i.e. pantone huey. I don't know how much one costs or if you really want spend money on that, but I'm sure there has to be some computer store or graphic design place, something that will charge you some small fee calibrate both your monitors. I'm sure there are other ways to get decent calibration but thats what professionals use.

edit: just dawned on me. a print shop. not like kinkos if you can, but like a place graphic designers would go... any good like non-chain not crappy print shop will have a monitor calibrator, without doubt...

Quote:
since my laptop's color isn't the greatest, what looks better? the RGB 1998 pics or these here?
AirJordans4Life I like the orginal better. the colors strike me as more natural. rgb 1998 definately has a red color caste, which I think is partially tinypic which I think for whatever reason puts color castes on hosted images... rgb 1998 is probably more vibrant, but the skin tones seem off, either way isn't terrible. and it may well look better that way, so...

Finally decided to contribute to this thread..

First of all i use a Nikon D-40 (but with the stock lens, saving up for a new one).. And i dont use any photoshoping or photo enhancers with my pictures (just paint for my border and tag) because i dont have photoshop, which i am glad i dont have because if i did have it i wouldnt be as picky with my pictures..

Anyways sorry for the "long" read.. but heres my trip to Washington over the summer.

enjoy!

On the plane to Seattle

On the way to fams house (Some bum left his bag there)

Trip to Downtown Seattle

Freeway (i love how theres barely any traffic there)

Pike street market :wow:
eek.gif

Seafood :rolleyes
eyes.gif

I like to take pictures of stairs..

This guy was doing some magic tricks (his name was bicycle man or something like that)

A couple dudes trying to make money

Painting on the sidewalk :pimp:
pimp.gif

Some dude passed out or something and everyone was taking pictures of him.. even a little dog was licking his face :lol:
laugh.gif

One of my favorite pictures i took while i was there, everytime i see this pictures it reminds me of the "riot" Nike Town picture

Park with fam.

Sewer pond.. and everyone was swimming there too. smh

Bonus..

Lil Cousin blowing candle

Other cousin doing this with his eyes :wow:
eek.gif

Well thats all i have.. thanks for looking and any comments or tips are welcome..

oh and btw.. the whole time i was there i couldnt shoot auto because something was wrong with my lens.. so during my time there i just shot with manual which was pretty new to me..

Could you take out the last pic?
Kind of disturbing... at least put a huge WARNING.

There's a thousand you's, there's only one of me​

first off great job everyone. there are some really talented people in nt. keep it up!!! now as for me i never took a class im a shoot first see what i get after. i been trying new things. i dunno what else to say. yea im not the best but i aint bad.

TEAM [Scrubs]

Liquid breakfast . . . .
4uv3h3s.jpg
i'm russian, if that matters.
teamdecepticon​
T R A N S F O R M E R S​

Ukraines most expensive public toilet
5x7tysp.jpg
i'm russian, if that matters.
teamdecepticon​
T R A N S F O R M E R S​

Yo....kinda new to all this. Just started a photography class this school year. Anyways my new camera just came in and its sitting right in front of me right now, just wanna know how "good" it really is. Its a Canon EOS Rebel K2. If i can get some input on how good it is quality wise compared to other cameras like what you guys are using, then hey thanks a lot yall. Peace
Team Philippines​
In Pacquiao we trust and rubber shoes we wear​

some pretty cool stuff in this thread. props to you all.
TEAMNEWYORKMETS​
TEAMNEWYORKKNICKS​
i put my name on the map through dismantling, embarrassing arrogant cats and battling because their raps ain't astonishing​

Back
Top Bottom