Official Photography Thread: Vol. ICan'tFindTheLastOne

Originally Posted by SaNTi0321

3085864116_312a2dd6d0_o.jpg

ISO 3200
That's a cool shot Santi. Good job panning.

^ Thanks man, I've slacking on the shooting, hopefully tomorrow ill wonder out with the camera.
smokin.gif

hey guys...im dont really know much about cameras but im wanting to get into some photography and im wondering which camera is a better buy.
the nikon D40, or the sony alpha 200K
the nikon has a 18-55mm lens kit, and the sony has a 18-70mm lens kit
so im thinking the sony?
any suggestions?

Originally Posted by NVnycNV

Help please guys...

Nikon D60 or Canon XSi.

I believe the XTi and the D60 are more comparable....cause of price and performance. I mean if you have the means, go for the XSi but if budget comes intoplay, get a XTi r a D60. It really depends if you like Canon over Nikon and their lenses. I am a Canon guy myself but with the newer Nikon cameras coming out,they have been tempting.

Originally Posted by backtotheknown

hey guys...im dont really know much about cameras but im wanting to get into some photography and im wondering which camera is a better buy.
so im thinking the sony?
any suggestions?
I don't use nikon but I heard the d40 only worked with some lenses ...the sony is good, but it crops. The flash on the sony's suck

i have a sony a300..same as a200 but has live view just in case i need it. I use minolta lenses for almost all my shots, 4/5 lenses i have are minolta AFmaxxum
pimp.gif

I like the a300.. get that instead

anyone here actually have a darkroom in their home, and do the processing with all the chemicals? Im thinking of making one in my parents house.

so im thinking the sony?
any suggestions?

DON'T BE SILLY GET THE NIKON FOOL

good lookin out fong...your pics are dope so i know you know what youre talking about...I think im gonna go w/ the D60 theyre on sale at bestbuy : ) thanksagain

^^^No doubt bro. I am not sure if I know what I am talking about with photography but that is just my 2 cents on buying the two cameras you suggested. Sincewe're in that recession, I think money and budget play a big factor. But yeah, cop that camera and save up for a quality Nikkor lens and you should be goodfor some dope photography.

Originally Posted by JJGRT5

anyone here actually have a darkroom in their home, and do the processing with all the chemicals? Im thinking of making one in my parents house.
Probaby a very small amount if any, majority of the people here, myself including, use digital over film.

good lookin out fong...your pics are dope so i know you know what youre talking about...I think im gonna go w/ the D60 theyre on sale at bestbuy : ) thanks again

last week they or something they were on sale at costco for $649 it came with the kit lens and the 55-200 lens and also a carrying bag. i think they bumped theprice to 699 now though

good lookin out fong...your pics are dope so i know you know what youre talking about...I think im gonna go w/ the D60 theyre on sale at bestbuy : ) thanks again

I would never get my equipment from BB simply b/c you can almost always get a much better deal online. go onto slickdeals, froogle.com or amazon and look outfor camera equipment there. I recently got a canon xs from amazon for $460 when BB and most of the other big box stores had the same thing for $600.

Originally Posted by crcballer55

I would never get my equipment from BB simply b/c you can almost always get a much better deal online. go onto slickdeals, froogle.com or amazon and look out for camera equipment there. I recently got a canon xs from amazon for $460 when BB and most of the other big box stores had the same thing for $600.
Also, no tax. I hate having to pay tax. That's why I do most of my shopping online. Comparing prices at different sites right now, Amazon hasit cheapest. Only thing with Amazon is they're slow as hell to ship.

Originally Posted by jrdnsrnss

Probaby a very small amount if any, majority of the people here, myself including, use digital over film.
i have a small setup for B&W. it's basically for experimenting fun, since it's pretty cheap to set one up; i still do all my printingat professional labs for actual work. it's a lot more expensive if you want to set up a color lab though.

Apollo XXXIII
-love the pics man, the vignetting adds to the subdued colors, gives it a grungy atmosphere, which imo is what NYC is all about. reminds me of some fuji realafilm in the way that the reds pop nicely with subdued browns/oranges. are these digital?

I don't personally have one at my home but I use the one at my high school, which is practically mine and some of my buddies since no one cares for filmanymore
tired.gif

I want to set one up in my room soon but I just need the guap to get it started up. I think you really should do it. It's trial and error but man is itfun.

I just got my DSLR.

I've been lurking here for a while. 2 quick points.

1. I totally agree the "what camera do you use posts" can get annoying, but I have to say they really helped me. I went through pages 1-290 beforegetting my camera. I have to say, the basic technical stuff was a great refresher (I took a few photo classes in school as a design student). I also thinklisting settings has been pretty valuable. I have tried to look at photos and say, ok "that must have been taken with a fast shutter speed" or"that must be a 1.4 aperture" etc. I would encourage those of you asking these basic questions and REALLY ARE interested in photography to take a fewminutes each night and begin going through the thread. It was so valuable for me. Thanks all.

2. I think it would be nice to begin talking about framing/etc. I remember one discussion about pattern. I have noticed most photos I enjoy do have some typeof repeating pattern. Maybe it is a dude standing in front of a brick wall...etc. This has helped me understand what I like. I think that is important indeveloping a style. Or maybe some websites/forums can be recommended.

And for my first contribution. I was spending some time messing with full manual mode. Adjusting shutter speed and aperture at the same time has provedinvaluable already. Right now I think this is the hottest photo ever taken...you know that feeling you get when you start something new. haha.

< http://farm4.static.flick...3090314201_6fdc68ef93.jpg

Back
Top Bottom