Official Photography Thread: Vol. ICan'tFindTheLastOne

3298837730_0c2c5b94a0.jpg

No PS editing except crop/straightening.

Originally Posted by NikeAirsNCrispyTees

2640505213_d49873a365.jpg
sick pic, looks all hazy and *+@@.. i gotta hit up south street seaport at night sometime.. good area for pics i would think

Originally Posted by kdwallace

Originally Posted by backtotheknown

i always thought you had to twist the filter or something on polarizers to get the effect you want on the subject? or is this something COMPLETELY different??

Yes, you do - light becomes polarized when it hits a surface (it's just physics) - that's why a polarizer makes a huge difference to reflections from water.

A polarizer is basically a series of very thin lines (thinner than the wavelength of visible light) in the lens - it's not tinted to give it the grey color. So if you think of light as a series of waves (that are all oscillating in random directions) only those waves that are parallel (or nearly parallel) to the lines can get through - so rotating the lens lets different parts of the wave through so the image looks different. As I said before when light hits a surface the waves all reflect lined up the same way - hence the extreme effect on the reflections.

So wait...the filter just brings the color out more? Or is there more to it?

Sort of - it enhances certain things like sky and water by reducing haze and reflections.

yes...the cicrular polarizers are the ones that you can twist and adjust.

Not quite - as I tried to explain (easier to show you) any polarizer needs to be oriented the right way for best results - if you have polarized sunglasses try tilting them on the side and looking at reflective surfaces and you'll see the difference.

A circular polarizer is a special type that lets modern camera meters still work - if you used a linear polarizer then your metering would be all off.

as always thank you for dropping knowledge.. its greatly appreciated
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by 165kicks

3298837730_0c2c5b94a0.jpg

No PS editing except crop/straightening.
the sky looks good and the colors are right. great pic.

everyone else good stuff as always... threads been kinda dead lately.. i know its cold out there but i wanna see some more pics.. myself included.. been solazy
grin.gif

Can anyone tell me the difference between these two filters... Filter 1 and Filter 2. They are in my price range.. just i don't knowthe difference between slim and not slim? Does it matter. Are those even basic polarizers? I seen some for like $100 plus... Thanks in advance

Damn, I need to post my recent stuff up
I learned about Pop Art and I finally learned how to take panoramas. Hopefully by the end of the week I'll have it up.

Originally Posted by i just got lucky

anyone here know how I can print my pics into a canvas?
A lot of photo places do it - but I don't think it's cheap.

There's a place in my local mall now that does it in a couple of hours - but it's like $40 for a 12"x12".

^ KD...thanks. I guess it is possible, i didn't want to sound like a damn fool asking places if they can do it. I'm gonna have to do a little shoppingaroung before I do it. It's a present for moms but I dont know even which pic I want to do yet. I dont think I even have a pic thats even worth printing oncanvas yet.

^ It's a great camera. Picture quality is almost up there with the G10, and you get a nice wide/telephoto lens with 20x zoom. Go for it.

read this in a couple of other forums ..

their prices are way out of control, not competitive at all .. probably one of the reason they are going bankrupt - everyone buy elsewhere ..
frown.gif

no matter what, this economy is crazy - no matter what is sign or pass, everyone keeps getting layoff!

Back
Top Bottom