Official Photography Thread: Vol. ICan'tFindTheLastOne

3399968825_0f03f000c5.jpg

3393444889_70bda7459b.jpg

3393444897_361dbd5ef6.jpg

3399978109_31a612a880.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/84784982@N00/

where can i get a canon 430ex ii? lowest i found it is 270 shipped is that a good price?

and is there a significant difference over the first one and the ii? besides the 20% faster recycle time and being quieter

Originally Posted by thekryptonite

anybody know where i can pick up a second hand Nikon D90? i don't want to use ebay.
Craigslist or check B&H or Adorama for a refurbished one..

when you guys are out and about walking with your camera, how do you carry it? neck strap? wrist trap? bag/backpack?

Originally Posted by jretro23

when you guys are out and about walking with your camera, how do you carry it? neck strap? wrist trap? bag/backpack?
i have a holster that fits inside my backpack. i usually bring my backpack with me everywhere because i carry other things like water, snacks, asweater.

if i know i am shooting, it's always around my neck. they have neoprene straps that arent as agitating to your skin.

I just use the neckstrap that comes with my camera but if I'm going to the city I carry it in my camera bag (in which it fits perfectly with up to a 100mmlens attached). usually I carry it in a tote bag because I usually carry other stuff (like water, a book or two. etc). When traveling (airports and such), Iuse a computer backpack that has more than enough room and padding for my laptop, camera and other equipment.

oh ok just wondering because the neck strap that comes with the xsi is uncomfortable and rough on my skin. plus i'm not a big fan of advertising.

i think i just might invest on a small backpack and find a more comfortable neck strap.

Originally Posted by jretro23

with the strap but almost fully extended. i sling it around like a messenger bag kinda thing.

i got a question guys , the new canon 270 ex flash that comes out in may . what do you guys think about this flash ?

i dont really know too much about these external flashes but does this seem like a good flash ?

i will mainly be using a 15mm canon fisheye lens , a 50mm 1.4 and a 11 16 tokina ultra wide ... let me know your thoughts
thx

in the second shot, it looks like it got a little grainy in the bottom right hand corner (right on her boob). but then again it's probably just be thefabric of her shirt...other than that it looks awesome.

Quick question. So how do i get enough sun light in the picture with a fast shutter speed? for example, if i was taking a picture of a water fall and wanted tocapture the water falling and not a blurry motion but enough sunlight at the same time, how would i do that? Do i put the F stop higher? or ISO? any help isgreat. thanks.

Originally Posted by nwick001

Quick question. So how do i get enough sun light in the picture with a fast shutter speed? for example, if i was taking a picture of a water fall and wanted to capture the water falling and not a blurry motion but enough sunlight at the same time, how would i do that? Do i put the F stop higher? or ISO? any help is great. thanks.
go for a higher ISO. the ISO is one of the things that determines how much light gets into the picture. If you're shooting at a high shutterspeed, like 1/2500 and it's a bright and sunny day outside, you might want to try your ISO at 800. If the pic comes out too bright, bump it down to thenext lowest setting (on my camera that would be 400, but every camera is different). the aperture is also a factor but it's more for the depth of field andhow much detail you want in the shot. if you want to have a shot that shows all the little drops of water splashing about, then your aperture would have to beat a higher number (like f/8 or f/9). and since it would be at a higher number your ISO would need to be higher to make up for that because a high aperturemeans that the diameter of the lens is smaller which lets in less light.

Originally Posted by cucumbercool

Did anyone bother to read the manual or did people learn their camera simply through use?
I skimmed through the manual when i already knew most of the stuff, just to find things that are hidden in the menus.

Back
Top Bottom