Official Photography Thread: Vol. ICan'tFindTheLastOne

Originally Posted by sigmakidownz

Originally Posted by AirPhilippines

Nice pickup
pimp.gif

Idk if I want/need to move on.
ohwell.gif
I've been using the XTi for over a year and half now and I'm quite satisfied with some of the results. Anyone have any insights?

Thanks, honestly for me I switched because of Canons L lenses, and the fact that I REALLY needed a bigger body. My fingers are long and one day I was tryingout a 50d and d90 at Best Buy and it just felt so comfortable. I also shoot a lot of action photography so the 6 fps was also a big deciding factor. 3 fps=YNS
tongue.gif

well, I shot these with an Olympus e-510 and a Zuiko 50mm f2.0 prime/macro lens.

The first one was really overexposed (super sunny day) so I just lowered the brightness in post processing and upped the contrast, saturation, and colorbalance. [exif: ISO: 400, Exposure: 1/640, F/2.0 ]

The 2nd and 3rd I barely processed anything, just dialed in the settings better. Both were same settings as the first one but the 2nd pic I set exposure to1/800, 3rd to 1/1000.

I have the exif data on my flickr.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by AirPhilippines

Originally Posted by sigmakidownz

AirPhilippines wrote:

Nice pickup
pimp.gif

Idk if I want/need to move on.
ohwell.gif
I've been using the XTi for over a year and half now and I'm quite satisfied with some of the results. Anyone have
any insights?

Thanks, honestly for me I switched because of Canons L lenses, and the fact that I REALLY needed a bigger body. My fingers are long and one day I was trying out a 50d and d90 at Best Buy and it just felt so comfortable. I also shoot a lot of action photography so the 6 fps was also a big deciding factor. 3 fps=YNS
tongue.gif

laugh.gif
I'm definitely feelin' you on the feel of the camera. These rebel bodies are tiny in my grip. I played with the bigger bodies, 50d & 7d, theyare quite comfortable. But I think I'm just going to rough it out for another year with the rebel series and see what I can learn as I progress.

I'm in the market for a new camera, my D90 broke during an accident and I'm thinking about switching to a 50D, opinions? Suggestions?

Im looking for a new lens for my Canon XSI... I already got the 50 1.8, and im looking for pretty decent walk around lens you could say. Any suggestions?

Originally Posted by LAshoehead87

Im looking for a new lens for my Canon XSI... I already got the 50 1.8, and im looking for pretty decent walk around lens you could say. Any suggestions?

Budget?
I'm in the market for a new camera, my D90 broke during an accident and I'm thinking about switching to a 50D, opinions? Suggestions?

I'd go for a 40D instead, since its the practically up to par with the D90. Invest in some glass too.

hi guys,
quick question.
I lost my xsi in hawaii.
Is a brand new NIKON D90 KIT good for 860.00 shipped. Last day for the sale here. Please let me know.

Originally Posted by KixUrAzz

hi guys,
quick question.
I lost my xsi in hawaii.
Is a brand new NIKON D90 KIT good for 860.00 shipped. Last day for the sale here. Please let me know.
yeap...but is it legit though??? Cheapest I saw the kit + a 70-200mm Nikkor was for $1369.

I bought mine at Singapore for $1100 US
embarassed.gif

Originally Posted by i just got lucky

Originally Posted by KixUrAzz

hi guys,
quick question.
I lost my xsi in hawaii.
yeap...but is it legit though??? Cheapest I saw the kit + a 70-200mm Nikkor was for $1369.

I bought mine at Singapore for $1100 US
embarassed.gif
Yah. My Dad is a retired military and there is a 20% off code for aafes.com (a military mall). No Tax and Free Shipping.

DSLR owners, do you guys have point and shoots as well? I'm thinking about picking up a new one today.

Originally Posted by ChampionEdition

Originally Posted by digitalartclub

pics from the weekend.

4129376089_028aa9d383.jpg

whats the exact settings to get this to work? cause its a hit and miss with me
i have a nikon d70

She looks like shes drinking from a fountain?

Back
Top Bottom