[:: Official PHX Suns @ LA Lakers X-MAS DAY 2:15pm PT ABC ::]

ill talk to you guys in 30+ games when the lakers are fighting for that 8th spot... EDIT: never mind i guesss ill have to talk to you guys on jan 17 when sunsplay lakers again.. great. Isn't it just funny talking with lakers fans.

Suns fans are just salty right now because we've got bragging rights for the season until the outcome of the next game.

They waited until Christmas to get revenge but to no avail, Santa gave them coal in a form of an L.

It's all good Suns fans, you got till January 17 to hear it from us Laker fans.

I'm sure if we take an L in the next couple of games we're going to get an earful from the Suns fans. Till then, let em have it.
tongue.gif

ill talk to you guys in 30+ games when the lakers are fighting for that 8th spot... EDIT: never mind i guesss ill have to talk to you guys on jan 17 when suns play lakers again.. great. Isn't it just funny talking with lakers fans.

so its going to be the same convo as now when we beat you

kobefan88 wrote:
The Suns? Welllll... we've beat the twice, soooooo... ... ...
this is where the Suns fans come in and tell us look at what happened the last two years, but continue to tell Laker fans to stop living in the past.

You mean they mix and match words to try and make their arguments work for them, instead of just showing off what they've won? No, they wouldn't dothat, Suns fans don't live in the past, they live in the right now. And right now, they are 7 and 7 against the west. The same teams they'll beplaying in the playoffs. The Lakers are 12 and 5 against the same teams. But Diddy assures us that we won't make the playoffs, while his team will bedominant, because sometimes they don't play hard against bad teams. No bias homerism there.
roll.gif

Damn J diddy..it went from we played a good game to we won't make the playoffs? I do agree its very early in the season but to put us in the 10 seed? Thatsjust hate.

Portland is doing well now but I don't see how it can go on. I wouldn't put houston in front of us because tmac stays hurt. We got utah on friday solets see how that turns out and we all know GS has to hit thier shots in order for them to beat us. Yall got a good team but you guys are the same way thekings were. Great regular seasons but you just can't finish in the playoffs.

I won't sit up here and lie to myself and say we are going to the finals but I know that if for whatever reason if we got matched up with the suns in thefirst round again, pack yall bags cuzz you won't make it to the second round.

I just love that the best your Suns can do against us this year is tie.

That is just too freaking awesome. It wouldn't be the same if we were 2-0 against the Spurs or the Mavericks, teams that actually have room to talk crapbecause they are actually good. Suns fans are getting to be like Duke fans and Vols fans; you're gassing yourself into believing you are so good that thetrophy should just be handed to you every year.

Meanwhile, the rest of the world knows you have made it to Finals a whopping... two times ('76 and '93).

laugh.gif

Actually, you guys wear orange, just like the Vols, so that's an even more fitting comparison, and even more reason to hate orange.

And if it's NOT a fitting comparison, it's because the Vols have at least won ONE outright, undisputed Championship. They may not ACTUALLY bechampionship contenders like they gas theirselves up to be, but at least they HAVE won it all before.

Your orange team? Not so much.
roll.gif

man, this argument reminds me of why i hated talking sports with anyone in phoenix when i lived there. There is no reasoning with phoenix sports fans. The Sunsare the greatest team in the world and every call made goes against them and David Stern doesnt want them to win it and instead fixes it so the huge market ofSan Antonio can win the finals.

LMAO way to make a total%!%@ out of yourself Jdiddy. Seriously you are sitting here calling the Lakers trash when your team has lost to us twice. What the helldoes that say about your team? Then you say you lose to us because the Suns do not come to play against bad teams but answer me this? When do they come toplay? They always lose in the playoffs so I am really wondering what motivates them?

Oh yeah what is your logic when you call the Lakers trash? I mean its obvious you think the Suns are world beaters, well then how come we are only one gamebehind the Suns and have beaten them twice? Then you go ahead and post that list. Well we have beaten every single team on that list besides two teams that wehaven't had a chance to play yet. How do you explain that one? Aren't we a bad team?

Bottomline is every statement you make is out of sheer hate. Must be sad. I don't blame you, I would be too if my team hasn't played for a championshipin 10+ years even though they can beat anyone in the regular season. Unfortunately for Suns fans, they aren't even doing that this year.

Originally Posted by CP1708

Originally Posted by Jdiddy931

lakers sure did have a great game last night... the one thing that bothered me last night was when marc jackson said the lakers are more talented than the phoenix suns by a landslide...haha

guys, its just regular season. We all know if it was the playoffs lakers would get knocked out time and time again by the suns. Lakers wouldn't stand a chance against phoenix in a 7 game series.

Yeah, cuz our playoff history doesn't match up with yours. The Suns are unbeatable in the playoffs.
eyes.gif
laugh.gif
another cocky suns fan. but yeah, hes right. phil jacksonwith 9 rings vs dantoni with 0. no contest. yup, id take go with dantoni and the gang too..

no problem

Spurs
Suns
Dallas
Denver
UTAH
ROCKETS (there's still 50+ games to come, and a soon east coast trip)
Warriors
New Orleans
9.Portland
10. Lakers.
Not in any order except 9 and 10

laugh.gif
you honestly believe the hornets, blazers, and warriors will finishahead of the lakers?
roll.gif

how on earth can laker fans be the most hated on NT when we have 2 suns fans who top even the old Sacramento Kings fans in homerism...
laugh.gif
he mad right now so lets not take what he will type in the next 24 hours soseriously...
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by NobleKane

lakers sure did have a great game last night... the one thing that bothered me last night was when marc jackson said the lakers are more talented than the phoenix suns by a landslide...haha

guys, its just regular season. We all know if it was the playoffs lakers would get knocked out time and time again by the suns. Lakers wouldn't stand a chance against phoenix in a 7 game series.

Yeah, cuz our playoff history doesn't match up with yours. The Suns are unbeatable in the playoffs.
eyes.gif
laugh.gif
another cocky suns fan. but yeah, hes right. phil jackson with 6 rings vs dantoni with 0. no contest. yup, id take go with dantoni and the gang too..
Phil has 9 rings

Originally Posted by NobleKane

eyes.gif
laugh.gif
another cocky suns fan. but yeah, hes right. phil jackson with 6 rings vs dantoni with 0. no contest. yup, id take go with dantoni and the gang too..

Jackson has NINE rings. But you're right about dantoni.

Should we change ol boys name? Ima just start calling him Mike Antoni, because their ain't no D out in Suns land.
roll.gif

^ Actually, I think he has 10.

6 with the Bulls as a coach.
3 with the Lakers as a coach
1 with the Knicks as a player

Can anyone confirm? I'm going to look it up right now myself.

^
You are correct sir. I think he also has one in the CBA or something. He's a walking jewelry store.

^ Actually, I think he has 10.

Ska, he had 2 with the knicks as a player I believe...

He was injured all of the 1970 season, but isn't he still credited with a ring?

I remember they brough that up on sunday vs. the Knicks.

Question to Lakers fans:

Why are so many of you, seemingly all at times, so arrogant about your team? It seems to go beyond simple fanship. A lot of you have this attitude that yourteam is the greatest franchise in the world and when you win games, you guys usually aren't humble about it at all. Rather, I see a lot of bragging andcutting down the other team without remorse, even to the point of hating the opponent.

What's the deal with this? LA has some talent, and I'm glad you guys are enjoying some early success despite all the hoopla surrounding the team thelast year or so, but as an NBA fan I can't honestly say they are going to contend for anything. Maybe that's because I'm not a Lakers fan, Idon't know. We all want our teams to win but wanting them to win a championship and being realistic about the likelihood of that are two different things.Why does the Lakers franchise, and by extension Lakers fans, carry this attitude of "entitlement". Is this based on past success?

Don't want to derail the thread but I'm interested to read you guys' take on this.

^ Lakers
Yankees
Cowboys

People want to beat them.
People want to beat them when they're good, and people ESPECIALLY want to beat them when they're going through an 'off' time, a period ofrebuilding.

We're not the dominant team of the 80's, a team that WON half of the possible championships for the decade, and lost 3 others (meaning we were in 8 ofthe 10 Finals). We're not that team. But teams definitely wanted to beat us, because everyone wants to knock off the top dog. "Woo-hoo! We beat theeffing LAKERS!!
smokin.gif
So what if they've got Worthy and magic andKareem. We beat those fools!"

And when we're not so good, people REALLY want to beat us.

So why do I say all that? because we've been rebuilding the last few years, and people have been steady getting their jabs in. And now that things arestarting to look better for us again, these people are still thinking we're a guaranteed win. "Yeah, can't wait to play you guys on Friday.We're going to win by 4 thousand."

So it's that much more enjoyable when we beat them.

By 4 thousand.

On their floor.

In their first home game of the season.

And then beat them AGAIN.

On OUR floor.

laugh.gif
pimp.gif
smokin.gif

We have to hear it all the time, people running their mouths about how terrible we are and we're going to get trounced by their team, yet there we are,right in the thick of the dominant Western Conference standings.
happy.gif
pimp.gif

Actually, I think he has 10.

FrenchBlue23 wrote:
Ska, he had 2 with the knicks as a player I believe...

He was injured all of the 1970 season, but isn't he still credited with a ring?

I remember they brough that up on sunday vs. the Knicks.

Nope. He's not listed on their roster for the 1969-1970 season, when they won the championship. His only championship as a player came withthe 1972-1973 Knicks.

At least according to basketball-reference.com

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Jdiddy931 wrote:
can you please tell me one team the lakers are better than in that list?... in all honesty...
Jazz, Rockets, Warriors, Blazers, Suns

The Jazz and Warriors are the best two from that list, so if I were going to change my mind on any team, it would be those two.

The Suns? Welllll... we've beat the twice, soooooo... ... ...
laugh.gif

I'll add the Hornets and possibly Denver.
I don't agree with Bill Walton that we're the second best team in the West, but I will say thatwe're at least number four.

Originally Posted by Burns1923

Question to Lakers fans:

Why are so many of you, seemingly all at times, so arrogant about your team? It seems to go beyond simple fanship. A lot of you have this attitude that your team is the greatest franchise in the world and when you win games, you guys usually aren't humble about it at all. Rather, I see a lot of bragging and cutting down the other team without remorse, even to the point of hating the opponent.

What's the deal with this? LA has some talent, and I'm glad you guys are enjoying some early success despite all the hoopla surrounding the team the last year or so, but as an NBA fan I can't honestly say they are going to contend for anything. Maybe that's because I'm not a Lakers fan, I don't know. We all want our teams to win but wanting them to win a championship and being realistic about the likelihood of that are two different things. Why does the Lakers franchise, and by extension Lakers fans, carry this attitude of "entitlement". Is this based on past success?

Don't want to derail the thread but I'm interested to read you guys' take on this.

I can see why you say we come off as arrogant after you read this post but there is a reason. Up until Jdiddy posted all that trash we were just enjoyingour win like any other fans would. That is what sparked all this
laugh.gif
In ourthreads against most other teams we are the same as any team's fanbase.

So it's that much more enjoyable when we beat them.

By 4 thousand.

On their floor.

In their first home game of the season.

And then beat them AGAIN.

On OUR floor.

laugh.gif
pimp.gif
smokin.gif

laugh.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Kobe4MVP12

Originally Posted by Burns1923

Question to Lakers fans:

Why are so many of you, seemingly all at times, so arrogant about your team? It seems to go beyond simple fanship. A lot of you have this attitude that your team is the greatest franchise in the world and when you win games, you guys usually aren't humble about it at all. Rather, I see a lot of bragging and cutting down the other team without remorse, even to the point of hating the opponent.

What's the deal with this? LA has some talent, and I'm glad you guys are enjoying some early success despite all the hoopla surrounding the team the last year or so, but as an NBA fan I can't honestly say they are going to contend for anything. Maybe that's because I'm not a Lakers fan, I don't know. We all want our teams to win but wanting them to win a championship and being realistic about the likelihood of that are two different things. Why does the Lakers franchise, and by extension Lakers fans, carry this attitude of "entitlement". Is this based on past success?

I can see why you say we come off as arrogant after you read this post but there is a reason. Up until Jdiddy posted all that trash we were just enjoying our win like any other fans would. That is what sparked all this
laugh.gif
In our threads against most other teams we are the same as any team's fanbase.
Exactly.

Sure we take pride in our team and wins and such, and most of these pages were everyone jumping up and down on Zo. But when Diddy came in and started with"The Lakers won't make the playoffs, mark my words," from there it was one punchline after another.

Me personally, I get jacked up when I get lumped in "as Laker fan". I hate that. Yes I am a Laker fan, but there are a million "Lakerfans" that are either on the bandwagon, or Kobe boys. I don't like being lumped with those guys, I like talkin ball with the fans that actually knowother teams know other players, and know who is decent and who isn't. True basketball fans.

Make no mistake, these wins against the Suns are meaningless. They smoked us last year, and we choked the year before. Both are black marks on our franchiseand true Laker fans hate that. So we could got 4 - 0 in the regular season against the Suns and it still wouldn't fix what happened in the playoffs. It's not a rivalry until both teams beat each other. We haven't beat the Suns since 2000, and those were obviously different teams back then. Butyesterday gave us hope that times may have changed and we're not in bad shape at all. Suns fans will have you beleive that they were far superior to us inthe last couple years. Now, they are starting to worry and all the stuff we heard for the last couple years is getting thrown back out by us. We have longmemories. So while we can't change what happened in the past, we can make sure to enjoy what is happening right now. And that is what we're doing.
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom