Official Pizza Appreciation!

Has everyone tried pizza from:

New York
New Haven, CT
Chicago
Detroit
Rome
Naples

I’ve crossed off NYC, CHI and hopefully Rome and Naples next year.

NYC still my favorite Grimaldis, Roberta’s and Prince St Pizza up there in my power rankings

New York
New Haven, CT
Chicago
Detroit
Rome
Naples

NYC still my favorite Grimaldis, Roberta’s and Prince St Pizza up there in my power rankings
I’m a fan of deep dish so I love eating pizza in chicago. I go once sometimes twice a year since it’s only a 4 hr drive. Detroit is home so I’m kinda bias. NY is a must in my list tho, been hearing about it too long.

New York
New Haven, CT
Chicago
Detroit
Rome
Naples

Don't waste your time with New Haven. Terrible pizza all around.

New York
New Haven, CT
Chicago
Detroit
Rome
Naples

Detroit is mainly DSP, if you like that then you'll enjoy it

there used to be a REALLY good NY pie in the northern burbs, about 35 min north of Detroit but then recently gone down hill SMFH

I hate places who have something great then turn around and **** it up. I would took over the spot if I knew they were gonna ruin ****

Detroit is mainly DSP, if you like that then you'll enjoy it

there used to be a REALLY good NY pie in the northern burbs, about 35 min north of Detroit but then recently gone down hill SMFH

I hate places who have something great then turn around and **** it up. I would took over the spot if I knew they were gonna ruin ****
It’s not really in the interest of ownership to give whoever they’re selling their business to the winning formula. I wouldn’t want somebody I don’t know replicating my style perfectly unless I’m retired, out forever and don’t care anymore.

It’s not really in the interest of ownership to give whoever they’re selling their business to the winning formula. I wouldn’t want somebody I don’t know replicating my style perfectly unless I’m retired, out forever and don’t care anymore.
It’s changed hands before, the original owner opened it then wanted to get out, some Italian guy with money bought it. Everything pretty much stayed the same until the last year, the started rolling the dough, not hand tossing it like before. They switched it up like a damn chain place

At that point if you’re tryna cut corners and going away from what was good before then more power to you, people still go there but I def go much much less as well as others who used to love the spot.

He wants to open another so maybe that’s why the process has changed although I doubt their doing chain numbers in terms of orders.

Reactions: ace

New York
New Haven, CT
Chicago
Detroit
Rome
Naples

Chicago- Pequod's/Lou Malnati's & Giordano's. All.make superb deep dish

NY- So many places here have excellent pizza.

New Haven, CT they have some of the countries best pizza in this state, TRUST ME! Avoid Frank Pepe(overrated imo), Sally's is great & my fave outta the holy trinity is Modern. Also, 10 mins away in Derby, CT is a pizza spot called Roseland. They have really robust cheese with thin crust, give em a shot.

Also in New Haven,CT try Next Door(New Haven, CT)

Olde World Apizza(North Haven, CT)

The Little Rendezvous(Meriden, CT)

Grigg Street Pizza in Greenwich,CT. You can thank me later

If you need pizza recs for NJ let me know. Oh and idk if you're a donut person or not but while in New Haven, CT stop by at their local legendary donut shop called "Donut Crazy". The donuts are some of the best me & my family have ever had. I'll get back to you with my NYC pizza recs later in the day.

I’m a fan of deep dish so I love eating pizza in chicago. I go once sometimes twice a year since it’s only a 4 hr drive. Detroit is home so I’m kinda bias. NY is a must in my list tho, been hearing about it too long.
I’ve been to chicago and had Lou malnatis, giordanos and Gino’s East. I liked giordanos the best I live in LA and Gino’s East opened a location here

back from chicago and went pretty hard trying to check out as many pizza spots on my list as possible. was able to hit:

robert's pizza and dough company. really solid brick oven style pizza. cooked perfectly
1689607538448.png

bonci: roman style pizza. apparently the only other location is in Rome and was in the Netflix Pizza Chef's table. had no idea but it's clear why. this stuff was freaking amazing. loved the different varieties they had as well. the margerita and the fried onions were two my fav but i got down on all of it
1689607588164.png

1689607603411.png

1689607614139.png

pequods: was super excited for this one and it didn't disappoint. i still give the nod to Lou's but this was really good. the caramelized cheese crust is amazing and gives it great flavor
1689607627959.png

pat's pizza and ristorante: just amazing. the true chicago style and it delivered. wish i could have this regularly. onions and peppers :pimp:
1689607642180.png

lou's: for deep dish, still my favorite and champ. the butter crust is too good and their sausage pizza is the only time i'll get sausage on a pizza :pimp:

1689607674939.png

back from chicago and went pretty hard trying to check out as many pizza spots on my list as possible. was able to hit:

robert's pizza and dough company. really solid brick oven style pizza. cooked perfectly
1689607538448.png

bonci: roman style pizza. apparently the only other location is in Rome and was in the Netflix Pizza Chef's table. had no idea but it's clear why. this stuff was freaking amazing. loved the different varieties they had as well. the margerita and the fried onions were two my fav but i got down on all of it
1689607588164.png

1689607603411.png

1689607614139.png

pequods: was super excited for this one and it didn't disappoint. i still give the nod to Lou's but this was really good. the caramelized cheese crust is amazing and gives it great flavor
1689607627959.png

pat's pizza and ristorante: just amazing. the true chicago style and it delivered. wish i could have this regularly. onions and peppers :pimp:
1689607642180.png

lou's: for deep dish, still my favorite and champ. the butter crust is too good and their sausage pizza is the only time i'll get sausage on a pizza :pimp:

1689607674939.png
Watch pizza show Rome on YouTube he does a segment with Bonci

Probaly already asked in here.

But best frozen pizza?
I like tostinos. The card board flavor really sets it off.

real talk, my son and i love pizza. we got nothin but the cosmetic pizza chains that we're sick of so this hit that saturday night craving, some chicken bites on the side slapped *** :smokin

my son said thx to the pizza thread. he still ain't shut up about the pizza :lol:

Back
Top Bottom