Official Pizza Appreciation!

Pizza Barbone, almost forgot to take a pic :lol:
A7B35073-3C20-462C-BBB1-A9578129B35F.jpeg

Spent a day in Boston. Hit up Regina, the place was packed. Service was good. I thought the pizza was good but I thought dough was a little too doughy, I think if it was a little thinner, it would be better. The crust was really good. One of my go to when trying a new pizzeria. The basil could have been spread better
1B6E61BA-3B8D-4124-945E-94C7446E5BB9.jpeg

00D7CBEB-4725-4C9B-92E2-B054D933C057.jpeg

Spent a day in Boston. Hit up Regina, the place was packed. Service was good. I thought the pizza was good but I thought dough was a little too doughy, I think if it was a little thinner, it would be better. The crust was really good. One of my go to when trying a new pizzeria. The basil could have been spread better
1B6E61BA-3B8D-4124-945E-94C7446E5BB9.jpeg

00D7CBEB-4725-4C9B-92E2-B054D933C057.jpeg
Regina :pimp: They get packed right as they open. Cheese & crust look wonderful 👌

Vice has a new show called "Devoured" showing links between true crime and food. Episode 1 deals with NY Pizza joints and the Mob. On vice channel now.

This was a good watch. I've had L&B numerous times. I'm not a big fan of their square I'll get one small slice of it but it's def the stuff of legends around NY. The regular pie is very tasty imo. When Lou was murdered it was a very big deal especially in Brooklyn. Oddly, it wasn't ever really concluded why he was killed. The murderer even left the $ right there.- a botched robbery perhaps? He's doing a long prison sentence now. There's still a few mob connected businesses around here & not just pizzerias but grocery stores & beauty parlors too. If Vice does one on Chicago & who really knows who in the 🍕 business out there, it should make for an interesting episode.

This was a good watch. I've had L&B numerous times. I'm not a big fan of their square I'll get one small slice of it but it's def the stuff of legends around NY. The regular pie is very tasty imo. When Lou was murdered it was a very big deal especially in Brooklyn. Oddly, it wasn't ever really concluded why he was killed. The murderer even left the $ right there.- a botched robbery perhaps? He's doing a long prison sentence now. There's still a few mob connected businesses around here & not just pizzerias but grocery stores & beauty parlors too. If Vice does one on Chicago & who really knows who in the 🍕 business out there, it should make for an interesting episode.
Reminds me of the video of Portnoy in Buffalo. Had no idea the owner was Buffalo Mob boss Joseph Todoro Jr lol.

I think the only mob run pizzerias in Chicago would be around the Southside/Little Italy area. I could be wrong. I'm sure they have restaurants tho. Mob around here is real quiet.

I need to make my way to NY. So many spots I wanna try. I need to try a proper NY slice already.

Dudes had me wanting pizza today after looking through the thread.

Went and hit up Dani's in Queens NY not to long ago.

Man their sweet sauce is on point, just the right amount of sweet and tangy.

20220226_172141.jpg

20220226_175459.jpg

20220226_175456.jpg
Dani's 🔥🔥my absolute favorite pizza. Your pictures are making me wanna swing by & grab some later today. I hate how their slices on a pie are smaller than their slices from the display, you ever notice that? That sweet sauce is heavenly. You can get containers of the sauce for like 5 to 10 bucks depending on the size of the container.

Dani's 🔥🔥my absolute favorite pizza. Your pictures are making me wanna swing by & grab some later today. I hate how their slices on a pie are smaller than their slices from the display, you ever notice that? That sweet sauce is heavenly. You can get containers of the sauce for like 5 to 10 bucks depending on the size of the container.

I want to go back and get another pie today too lol.

I'm going to ask about the container of sauce too.

that Vito guy knows his stuff. Watched quite a few of his videos while trying to perfect my receipes

ill post my own pies hopefully come spring

Used to always order papa john's because there were always deals and discounts. One thing I hated about my local one is they always had to look at the debit card I ordered with and then etch the last four numbers on a piece of paper. Even when I used apple pay. Guess they had problems with people using stolen cards before.

The StopAlong

All The Right Moves -
fresh mozzarella, pepperoni, garlic, e.v.o.o., basil, hot honey, spicy tomato sauce
IMG_20220227_164605__01.jpg

Stop-In Burger -
double cheeseburger with american cheese, caramelized onions, pickles, lettuce, tomato, special sauce, on a brioche bun
IMG_20220227_164536__01.jpg

I like this place. 80's retro vibes. Got the check on a Duck Hunt cartridge.
IMG_20220227_163747.jpg

IMG_20220227_170508__01.jpg

I’m most impressed by the QR code check. Needs to be the standard at all bars and dine-in restaurants.

Back
Top Bottom