***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Healthcare was not done right. Long term it is going to **** the system and make being a physician less and less attractive. Enjoy being treated by NPs and PAs who don't have the training necessary to take care of you beyond the most basic levels of medicine.
Not only that, but last I heard and read, Obama wasn't part of Seal Team 6...

whoah, grading schools and taking your kids out? maybe in the burbs but most parents cant just choose what public school to put their kid in if the whole district sucks
Problem is mitt knows nothing about public schools and how they work...he probably sent his kids to private school....and btw Maryland has the best school system and has for the past 4 yrs(not that it's really essential but he's wrong on that too)

Obama has never gone to a public school or sent his kids to one either.

But that's a point most people want to overlook.

Not overlooking it at all...I wouldn't expect a presidents kid this day and age to attend public school, you can restrict access and control things more at private school...my point is Mitt has ZERO understanding of how the system works in inner cities an around the country, that's obvious when you say things like "oh just move the kids to a better school" what about when all the local schools are sub par?? Those kids are just sol I guess right?

Sabato says Romney won and it wasn't even close. And before anyone gets upset, I'm not voting, don't care about what either of these fools say, and laugh at those of you who get so riled up about this stuff,

Last edited:

Poor poor Jim

Last edited:
Obama is a talented politician and an excellent writer but debating is not his strong suit. He just got his *** kicked. Bill Clinton is rolling over in his grave right now.

but Obama didnt make a stupid remark like that. I have no problem that his kids didnt go to them. but saying what he said was naive. Wow, why didnt I think of that. If my school is bad, Ill go to a better 1. Let me drive 45 minutes out of north philly every morning to the suburbs and pay to go to middle school

I didn't watch, but if hardcore libs are saying that Romney won, I need to check it out.

False.

Predatory lending has long since been illegal and while you can cite a legal precedent, taking advantage of such a thing is NOT what is meant to happen.

Abuses of the system occur when there is not enough oversight present in the process. 
To meet their anti-redlining promises, executives ditched their caution. Street-level officers soon began offering loans to people with little chance of repaying, including many of Obama’s eventual clients.

Banks were “financing people who had no jobs. … [T]he pendulum swung the other way,” Renee Brooks, an accountant and one of the three named plaintiffs, told TheDC.

“They didn’t check out certain people, and they got loans and they couldn’t afford them in the first place,” Juanita Malone, another Obama client, told TheDC. “I think that really was, to me … not professional.”

In the late 1990s “money became available to everybody … everybody and their brother-in-law,” said Freeman. “Individuals who get money easily and who don’t have a good background and or a good education would expect to suffer the consequences.”

Their judgment is shared by Mark Zandi, an Obama supporter and the chief economist at Moody’s Analytics. “Too-easy credit and millions of bad loans made during the U.S. housing crisis paved the way for the financial calamity and [the] Great Recession that followed,” he wrote in an Aug. 25 column for the Washington Post.

Bank standards fell so fast that by 2006, Citigroup and other banks were offering favorable mortgages to many legal and illegal immigrants who did not have assets or stable incomes – and with the full support of “compassionate conservative” President George W. Bush.

Another downside was that the extra money inflated house prices. Buyers used their easy mortgages to bid against each other for nice houses, and the resulting property bubble ensured that many African-Americans — and by 2007, many Hispanics in the Southwest — faced unaffordable monthly payments.

“When they made the loan, they were able to take care of it,” said Samuel Wilson, who owns a hardware store in Chicago’s Englewood district. “But work began to slow down and they weren’t able to keep up.”

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/09/03/w...-to-chicagos-african-americans/#ixzz28IBYLRdS

BUT ANYWAY BACK TO THE DEBATE
Oh ok.

Did you also forget how discriminatory housing loans were?

Do you know what the Civil Rights Act of 1968 was supposed to do for housing?

Lets not front like blacks/latinos were getting equal footing for housing opportunities. 

I don't see where Obama pushed SUBPRIME LOANS. 

The Banks created those schemes and pushed them on people.

Admittedly, (this is why I'm an independent) the dems didn't do their part to prevent part of the crisis, but the problem here is the ease through which banks made it possible to profit off of predatory lending and subprime lending.

he pushed for EQUAL access to housing opportunities.

You're better than this. Come on now. 

oh and you can do better than quoting the website backed by Tucker Carlson and **** Cheney. 
laugh.gif

wink.gif

Last edited:
Chris Rock ‏@chrisrockoz
Both candidates debated poorly. Obama is thinking about his anniversary. Romney is nervous near a black man. Jim Lehrer is made out of clay.

If Romney won then its on style.

Romney loses on facts and details. 

I can't believe this analysis. 

Last edited:
whoah, grading schools and taking your kids out? maybe in the burbs but most parents cant just choose what public school to put their kid in if the whole district sucks
Problem is mitt knows nothing about public schools and how they work...he probably sent his kids to private school....and btw Maryland has the best school system and has for the past 4 yrs(not that it's really essential but he's wrong on that too)

Was this comment meant to be devoid of anything useful?

Theres nothing wrong with going to a good school but you can't overlook that when making policy.

MA is a state with a small population. Many of its citizens are well off. It has a large number of private schools. They don't even have medicare. its not the same as the rest of the country. 

You guys say Obama did great cause he had a calm demeanor.
Tv is saying Obama did bad cause of his calm demeanor.

I didn't learn anything during this debate other then these two pulling random math from the air.
Obama wants to hire more math teachers, but destroyed the space program.
Mitt likes to yell to express his thoughts.
Obama has a more likable smile.
Mitt threw punches, Obama bare countered any of them.

Hopefully the next debate is more organized. They were talking about the US budge for like half an hour.

Last edited:
I'm surprised Obama never mentioned how much college basketball he watches or how much he hangs out with Jay-Z cause he's sooo hip.

That's false.
Kill Bin Laden - done.
Healthcare - done.
Middle Class tax cuts - done
Pay attention.

Those are promises. Yes, he kept those. But when campaigning there was little detail about how those promises would actually eve accomplished. It was part of the Obama campaign strategy. They knew he was a great speaker and they banked on that getting him into the White House. Because once you start going into detail, people can start nitpicking. All candidates do it. But I see the backlash with Mitt doing it when Obama pulled the exact same games four years ago.

Obama is a talented politician and an excellent writer but debating is not his strong suit. He just got his *** kicked. Bill Clinton is rolling over in his grave right now.

I think the debate was a wash. Obama kept it cool while Romney went hard on the attack. The problem with Romney's debate tactic tonight was that he was going on the attack without providing anything of substance on his end. He brought up figures which drove the point home that things are amiss in this country but he left out, or attributed without merit to Obama, what the reasons for the hardship were. He did not offer any specifics as to how he would rectify the situation here but instead attacked Obama's policies. At this point, none of us really know what Romney plans to do if elected to office. His entire game plan is to basically be the antithesis of Obama and I don't think that's going to resonate with most Americans.

On a human level, and it's kind of dumb that this even matters but, Obama came off much more likable on this debate. He kept calm and debated his points clearly while Romney incessantly interrupted and brought up off-topic points of discussion. And, in my opinion, Romney's "sincere" look is incredibly creepy.

Back
Top Bottom