***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Ah yes, problem solved

She said it’s that easy, lol. So ****in dumb.

Genuinely mad me sad money and R&D was put into that vs more practical options.

M Mark Antony You said it. All the time and money & R&D for that "safe room" and they didn't even think to address one small but VERY glaring problem?!!!

Does anyone see it? Drop ceiling anyone? 😦🤦🏻‍♂️ The active shooter could climb into the ceiling the next room over, crawl along, remove a few tiles and there they all are! 😢 I don't think I need to explain what would happen next. 😭

These bleeping gun zealots won't do what's actually necessary to save kids lives. This is a damn band-aid and a bad one! 🤬

This is that antebellum, "southern democracy" in action.

DLF DLF Zainjal26 Zainjal26

People must realize that this is what Republicans want for America. They have already inserted themselves into the judiciary fabric of the country, and they want to use forces that are unaccountable to the public (militias) to enforce compliance with their agenda (see DeSantis' desire to have his own personal guard).

Anyone on the left that is critical of Biden for his support of Israel must understand that:
- existing treaties and commitments sometimes force the hand of leaders into taking unpopular actions
- the GOP is looking at the way settlers are pacifying Palestinians and they've been working on mechanisms to make it happen here.

So, if you live here, AND you don't have a plan to move if/when this current iteration of the GOP takes power, AND you are not seriously engaged in offering an alternative to Biden during Democratic primaries, AND you're a religious/ethnic minority, your greatest priority is to make sure Republicans don't win the White House, win the Senate, and keep control of the House.

Whatever you think of the Democratic party shouldn't ever obscure the fact that they are still responsive to public pressure. This is no longer the case for Republicans. They don't believe in the rule of the people by the people anymore.

Back
Top Bottom