***Official Political Discussion Thread***

I don't think the country is going to vote for Kamala as president.

Definitely not Buttieg or Newsom either.

Doesn't matter how bad Trump or the Republicans are the media wants Trump as president and so do the rich.

All these media people are rich so they are going to skew things in favor so it benefits them. Steven A Smith is a great example about to sign a 100 million dollar deal so he's going to do what will be beat for his pockets.

My guess is Buttigieg or Newsom is the VP if this were to happen.

Buttigieg and Newsom are messaging machines.
I tend to think it’s neither as they don’t put a swing state into play. Josh Shapiro, Roy Cooper seem like they’d fit the bill. Don’t see Whitmer or Wes Moore happening, Gav is gonna sit this one out and take a cabinet position for not interfering. Buttigieg will get a new cabinet post.

Im warming to Kamala, if she just stops pretending she wasn't a prosecutor.

and I think there is a chance the running a general election focuses her mind on doing what it takes to win the median voter.

BUT

I still think there should be some type of primary,
there should be some type of test.
Kamala should be the heavy favourite. If she's really up to this she should be able to win easily.

if she chokes get her out of there. better to find out now.

I tend to think it’s neither as they don’t put a swing state into play. Josh Shapiro, Roy Cooper seem like they’d fit the bill. Don’t see Whitmer or Wes Moore happening, Gav is gonna sit this one out and take a cabinet position for not interfering. Buttigieg will get a new cabinet post.

They tried this with Tim Kaine.

Coming into this in August even if she was the VP needs people who have more name recognition.

Love Shapiro but you have to go big on the name and those are the two big names that are not 65+

If it were the fremen or wakanda, there would be a pretty obvious way to do this.

may gavin Newsome's knife chip and shatter.

dune-dune-2.gif

Speculation. Country isnt ready for a woman president. I dont think we're close to one.

Do people not realize how close hilary was to winning?
hilary nearly nearly won, with a bunch of stuff working against her,

- 20 years of conservative anti clinton propaganda.
- the comey letter
- email scandal
- Democrats seeking a 3rd term.
- 3rd party candidates

with all that it was like what 20000 votes across 3 states that made the difference?

I don't know why you would look at that and conclude that Harris or Gretchen Whitmer couldn't do better.

TBH if this was a normal primary, imo Whitmer+Shapiro /Bashear ticket crushes trump.

So we’re gonna run a black woman with a VP that’s either gay or the former governor of Cali? Nah man.

EYE have no issues with it, but yeah, we’re cooked if that’s the plan.

The biggest worry is about Democratic enthusiasm. Actually almost every national election is based on that.
If Democrats show up to vote they are a near 100% likelihood to win. High voter turnout is never good for republicans on a national level.

Buttigieg provides that. He’s a policy wonk. Young. Good on messaging. Provides cross-sectionality. Likeable.

I don’t think you realize how much impact he’d have on ensuring Democrats show up and pulls in enough people as a mid-westerner to make this over pretty early in the night.

So we’re gonna run a black woman with a VP that’s either gay or the former governor of Cali? Nah man.

EYE have no issues with it, but yeah, we’re cooked if that’s the plan.

It's not even bc Kamala is black. I just think she's better served as a mayor or governor.

We're ****** the next 4 years either way. I'm pretty surprised there arent better candidates.

Low key willing to bet the voter turnout if Biden drops will be significantly less than years past.

If Joe is replaced then our side has to rally and back whoever is the candidate and actually vote. Even with the stakes as high as they are our side needs to put in the same work that I’ve been doing and many other have been doing. Phone bank, donate, fight disinformation. GOTV is what matters. If people really want someone other than Joe they need to actually vote in November. Trump wins because his base will show up. If we show up we win but even with the stakes in 2020, our GOTV efforts and ground game were really poor due to the pandemic

It's not even bc Kamala is black. I just think she's better served as a mayor or governor.

We're ****** the next 4 years either way. I'm pretty surprised there arent better candidates.

Low key willing to bet the voter turnout if Biden drops will be significantly less than years past.
Based on what I’m seeing on democratic underground and other spaces dominated by older dems that vote this will happen if we can’t unify in a hurry. They are angry about what’s going on with Joe and might sit out if not handled properly.

Back
Top Bottom