***Official Political Discussion Thread***

The office was created by president Trump. According to the WSJ, the department's Inspector General will soon release a report faulting that office for retaliating against whistleblowers who used the office to come forward.

I can't see the US passing M4A. I think Warren is smart in endorsing M4A as the ideal to work towards but also keeping her options open. Most countries with excellent healthcare systems don't have a true singlepayer system in the first place, it's far from the only option.

I think any US healthcare plan should also come with measures against the general astronomically high medical costs. If I don't invoke my insurance for whatever reason, I would still only pay a small amount for a lot of minor medical procedures. €12 for an MRI for example.

Private insurance doesn't necessarily have to be the boogeyman in the room. It should serve as a luxury supplement, not a necessity.

I agree. I'm quite skeptical of M4A because of the politics and the considerable logistical obstacles to implementing it. Certainly something to work towards but it's a non-starter in congress right now and anytime soon.

I think people are generally supportive of pooling that risk/cost. Proposing to address that problem In a way that requires us all to pay into a single payer solution (via taxes) might be popular. But proposing to do so in a way that eliminates individuals’ option to purchase additional coverage, or threatens the income levels or jobs of those who work in one of America’s largest industries is probably not an electoral winner.

All Warren has to do is say she has decided to allow citizens to keep their private insurance, and to start on a path towards a public option that will eventually be available to all citizens. She beats Trump if she does that imo.

yeah...I still want universal healthcare and education for all. I don't really care how they make it happen.
at least that way when reparations finally does make it across the desks of congress they can stop with all the "lets put the money towards higher education" b.s. and cut the checks.

also, anyone else watch sicko years ago and wish for more/greater/better?

eventually we (really not we, since we aren't in power) have to cut the bull and move forward. or not and admit what's real.

I agree. I'm quite skeptical of M4A because of the politics and the considerable logistical obstacles to implementing it. Certainly something to work towards but it's a non-starter in congress right now and anytime soon.

I think people are generally supportive of pooling that risk/cost. Proposing to address that problem In a way that requires us all to pay into a single payer solution (via taxes) might be popular. But proposing to do so in a way that eliminates individuals’ option to purchase additional coverage, or threatens the income levels or jobs of those who work in one of America’s largest industries is probably not an electoral winner.

All Warren has to do is say she has decided to allow citizens to keep their private insurance, and to start on a path towards a public option that will eventually be available to all citizens. She beats Trump if she does that imo.
Either way a good healthcare system can't function to its fullest extent without expanding the pool to as many people as possible. Ideally, everyone funds the public system regardless of whether or not their needs are already fully covered by private insurance. Private insurance doesn't replace the public system, it only covers the remaining cost after cost deduction from the public insurance coverage. In our system, it is supplementary by design.
Not everyone's private insurer provides 100% coverage rate for all procedures like mine did so you still benefit from the public insurance coverage.

The fines for not paying your fair share to the public system would gradually end up being more costly than just paying up anyway. There's no point in not paying into the system. Public healthcare is not the option in our system, it's the other way around. Private insurance is where you opt in our out.

Last edited:
There's a law for the dumbasses who really want to commit crimes but are too stupid to fully carry them out.
It's called conspiracy. Either that or the "attempted ..." part of certain criminal statutes.
Throughout this presidency, Trump's defenders couldn't argue the substance so they just argued that he's too much of a dumbass to understand anything.

There's a law for the dumbasses who really want to commit crimes but are too stupid to fully carry them out.
It's called conspiracy. Either that or the "attempted ..." part of certain criminal statutes.
Throughout this presidency, Trump's defenders couldn't argue the substance so they just argued that he's too much of a dumbass to understand anything.

1571941326997.png

I think that a poll should be added to the top of this page, one that asks if Trump is impeached, does Trump resign?

I say he does resign.

No we dont. Girl works for aepps20 aepps20 's favorite, Jim Jordan.

Anyone associated with Gym Jordan is a DEPLORABLE. Gym certainly didn't care when sexual assault was the topic. Clown cares more about his Zaddy trump than he ever did the athletes he coached.

Back
Top Bottom