***Official Political Discussion Thread***

oprah-winfrey-shrug.gif

Just remember; on basically every subject, they will always chose the side that splits the Democratic Party coalition maximally damages Biden.

1701900862121.png

1701900842351.png

1701900658268.png

Attachments

• 1701900684188.png
    1701900684188.png
    233.2 KB · Views: 9
  • 1701900837446.png
    1701900837446.png
    40.7 KB · Views: 8
Now I know what KD would look like with this haircut

Last edited by a moderator:
For like the third time this year, didn’t even know a Republican debate is tonight.

Just remember; on basically every subject, they will always chose the side that splits the Democratic Party coalition maximally damages Biden.

1701900862121.png

1701900842351.png

1701900658268.png

If Biden loses because of Briahna Joy Gray his campaign team should jump off a tall building in disgrace. :lol:

Seriously, how many people do you think listen to her podcast? Especially in the last year or so? Her popular cohost is gone, she's promoted for ultra Zionist RFK's campaign.

If Biden loses because of Briahna Joy Gray his campaign team should jump off a tall building in disgrace. :lol:

Seriously, how many people do you think listen to her podcast? Especially in the last year or so? Her popular cohost is gone, she's promoted for ultra Zionist RFK's campaign.

Stop strawmanning.

Im obviously using her as an example of a broader trends.

nowhere in that post did i say, "Biden will lose because Briahna Joy Gray"
I also didn't say they will lose because of Briahna Joy Gray podcast,

Im saying we exist in a media dynamic, where younger online people consume their political news via instagram, tiktok, twitch.
and on those platforms there is an ecosystem of content creators that live and make money by amplifying the most toxic coalition splitting positions.

and this dynamic makes things like Israel-Palestine uniquely difficult for Biden.

I didn't say he would lose because of this specifically. I didn't even say Biden was going to lose.

Her popular cohost is gone, she's promoted for ultra Zionist RFK's campaign.

of course she did, because she viewed that as the most Dem coalition splitting maneuver.
her actions make much more sense when you view it through that lens.

Trump’s going to win and he’ll have a lame-duck 4 years where he will do everything risky he wanted to without the need to now be re-elected.

I one hundred percent believe in people going out and opposing this with their votes but I’m pessimistic.

What if you only got to run twice?

We still got a year left and they both are old af. Who knows if either one will be in it.

Biden has a high stress job, trump is pounding McDonald’s and fighting legal battles.

Stop strawmanning.

Im obviously using her as an example of a broader trends.

nowhere in that post did i say, "Biden will lose because Briahna Joy Gray"
I also didn't say they will lose because of Briahna Joy Gray podcast,

Im saying we exist in a media dynamic, where younger online people consume their political news via instagram, tiktok, twitch.
and on those platforms there is an ecosystem of content creators that live and make money by amplifying the most toxic coalition splitting positions.

and this dynamic makes things like Israel-Palestine uniquely difficult for Biden.

I didn't say he would lose because of this specifically. I didn't even say Biden was going to lose.

of course she did, because she viewed that as the most Dem coalition splitting maneuver.
her actions make much more sense when you view it through that lens.

Oh, I agree that BJG is reflexively anti-Democratic Party. they could pass M4A and universal free college tomorrow and she'd find fault with it.

We'd probably disagree how representative she is off online left media overall. In my view, many left media personalities are ambivalent about the Democratic Party and many explicitly urge their listeners to vote for a straight Democratic ticket. On balance, left media in online spaces helps Democrats with younger voters. Young voters voted in large numbers and voted overwhelmingly Democratic. Much of left online content is really just educational and talks about social justice in a fun and approachable way. the younger generation is shaping up to be the most leftwing in history and it ain't because they are swayed by MSNBC's lineup of former Federal Prosecutors and Bush Administration comms officials.

A more leftwing generation, largely getting their news from alternative sources, should be an unalloyed good for the Democratic Party and it is on election day. The problem for a lot of Democratic politicians, especially on Israel Palestine, is that these younger voters expect people whom they helped to elect to walk the walk on social justice and not just use it as a campaign talking point.

Back
Top Bottom