**Official Post Your Dog Thread**

cubanref cubanref so sorry for your loss.. I just had to put my dog to sleep yesterday, and I feel devastated and hurt beyond belief. I can only

My girl and I took our 5 year old chihuahua shih tzu mix Mercedes back to the vet for the second day in a row. The tests were no different. Vet said she had congenital kidney failure. We had to put her to sleep. He did not think she would have lasted through Thursday Night without seizures, or becoming unresponsive, but she fought and gave us one more night with her. Vet said that the only treatment based on his track record had a near 0% success rate. Even if it had worked, we'd have to do the treatment again in the future, whether it would be 6 days, 6 weeks, 6 months, or 6 years, there was no way to tell. Also told us that until her kidneys got to less than 25% functioning, that they would come up normal in tests. Whether she had 10% or 25% function he doesn't know. I'm truly heartbroken, and out of sorts.

I mad an instagram post about her, to understand how much she meant. Please take some time to read it if you can..

I couldn't get the instagram picture to embed with what I wrote. So here's the picture and the post.

Crazy... I have a Puggle myself and when I first got him at 8 months old his original name was "Melo" which the original owners named after the basketball player but I'm not a Carmelo or Knicks fan

So then I changed his name to "Chipper" after my favorite baseball player
laugh.gif

Puggles are devils, well at least mine is
laugh.gif

Chipper is a few post up above yours... Just turned 5
mean.gif

Yours is cute... Looks real young, I dont see any grey hairs
laugh.gif
Awww! Your puggle is cute too! And that's crazy about the name coincidence.

But yeah, he's a crazy psychopath. He'll be 1 on New Years Eve. I got him when he was like 2 months old and it's taken me this long to not feel like it was a huge mistake because of how bad he is. But I started exercising him more and he seems more obedient and more calm when he's at home alone. He's such a handful though! 

essential1 essential1

My dog does the same thing, he comes up to me and scratches me until I let him under my blanket... Definitely a favorite thing that he does... I know what you mean about that

Good thing you put your dog to sleep and not let it suffer trying to hold on... It hurts when I see people trying to extend the life of a dog or human for a few more days/weeks... I rather be put to sleep than seeing them go through the pain

i got 2 babies and i couldnt imagine life with either, i think i would revert to my old ways (drug addicted, angry, unfaithful, dishonest) 

they really made me love life again, ive never been happy, there was always something there keeping from feeling fulfilled.

if one died the other would be so sad, they are complete opposites, one is calm and is a deep thinker and just likes his personal space, the other just wants love and to be loved and is also very hyper.

you can guess which one is my girl and which one is me. 

reading about all of you losing your loved ones bring tears to my eyes.

the one that stood out was the german shepard, he was so young and looked really healthy.

maybe he just had too much love in his heart that it just burst.

Guys I am devastated right now...my Axel died in my arms earlier tonight |I

He had a heart attack in my truck on the way home after picking up my mom from the store....I tried to do CPR but nothing could be done...even though I only had him for a little over 2 months he was my best friend and a member of my family. He slept in my room every night...he was the first and last person I saw everyday. He was special in so many ways and I will never forget him. He didn't have a a mean bone in his body and was loved by everyone that he came in contact with. He came into my life when things were really rough and just made life so much better and made me realize that no matter how bad my day was that he was always happy to see me and make me smile. His love was unconditional... I have never lost anyone really close to me in my life until tonight...this is like a nightmare right now and feels so surreal. My heart is broken...rest in paradise Axel |I ...I'll see you on the other side...

Condolences.

Curious to know where did you get your puppy from?

P

keko jones keko jones

I got him from a small breeder in Tampa. He was actually a return to the breeder since the owner who originally got him could no longer take care of him so I got him at 4 months old.

My girls cousin made this for me. Gonna print it out and frame so my mom can have it.

keko jones keko jones

I got him from a small breeder in Tampa. He was actually a return to the breeder since the owner who originally got him could no longer take care of him so I got him at 4 months old.

My girls cousin made this for me. Gonna print it out and frame so my mom can have it.

I know this id not consoling, but being that he died from a heart attack you should be able to get a replacement puppy from the breeder. However, for such a young dog to die of heart problems I'm willing to bet this is a passed down problem from the breeders line. I wonder if she/he is a reputable breeder, do health test and or try to improve the line vices making a quick buck.

I'll look into all those and then make a determination if I want another pup from them or a refund.

keko jones keko jones

I know this id not consoling, but being that he died from a heart attack you should be able to get a replacement puppy from the breeder. However, for such a young dog to die of heart problems I'm willing to bet this is a passed down problem from the breeders line. I wonder if she/he is a reputable breeder, do health test and or try to improve the line vices making a quick buck.

I'll look into all those and then make a determination if I want another pup from them or a refund.

No worries I know where you are coming from. The breeder has already given me many options for a new puppy. The day Axel died a new litter was born and she has already saved me a puppy that will be ready in about 8-10 weeks. She has also offered me a pup from a joint breeding she is doing with a fellow breeder incase I want to stay away from the original pedigree or a pup from any future breeding she has. She offers 2 year health guarantees on all of her pups. All of the her dogs are AKC registered and are OFA cleared for hip and elbow issues as well. None of the other pups born from the litters have had any issues in the past 2 years from this pedigree. The vet said that in some rare cases large breed dogs have an enlarged heart and die suddenly between the ages of 4-6 months. We are also looking into the original breeders of the parents as they were import dogs from Germany to see if they have done genetic testing on any heart conditions. I did a lot of research beforehand to make sure that the pedigree was healthy considering that there are a lot of issues with poorly bread German Shepherds from backyard breeders. She is a small breeder in the sense that she only breeds about 3-4 litters a year but she's been doing it for almost 20 years now. I'm still not sure what to do yet but I have time so I will definitely keep looking into the pedigree and see if I can find out more information because I could not go through this again and I would not want anyone to have to experience this either...

Last edited:
keko jones keko jones

The breeder is not responsible or liable for a dog dying from a heart attack unless the breeder knew of a problem and didn't disclose it when they sold the puppy. They are only responsible if there is some sort of negligence shown.

Medium sized and small dog suggestions ?

Gotta be manly also

My mother gave away her dog ......

Harper got her period for the first time today....the struggle is REAL trying to keep things clean :x

Back
Top Bottom