Official Powerful Picture Thread Vol. New One

Originally Posted by mrdieselfuel09

119m2kx.jpg

when i realized the dog was in the pic i almost got teary eyed 
frown.gif
, i want a dog like that 
tired.gif

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

The last picture in the first post (the marine's wedding photo) legit made me cry. I had just been having a conversation with a friend about graduating and still being jobless, and he was talking about how we were so unlucky to graduate at a time like this etc. And I was saying that while I'm frustrated, I always try to be thankful for the favorable situation that I'm in; I have a loving family and don't have to worry about my safety or where my next meal might come from. Really I've got it pretty damn good compared to most of the world.
Somehow despite being disfigured the look on his face conveyed so much emotion and encompassed all the pain he had to go through and the shame he probably has to live with every day. Most of us will never know the gravity and difficulty of dealing with something like that, or worrying about finding clean water or going without food. Many of the other photos in here are heartbreaking, but as sad as they are I think I've been somewhat conditioned to compartmentalize the third world pictures and accept that that's how it is. In a sense we are sort of "used to" seeing that/the idea of it, and can't relate to it as easily, as terrible as it sounds. I think the stark contrast between the first picture of him smiling with his wife and the second picture really shows that if we weren't so fortunate, any one of us could be in that same spot. It sort of bridged the gap of the plausibility of living a life full of suffering rather than the cushy american life if not for the luck of the draw. It really hit me when seeing that photo how blessed I am.

Try to keep that sense of perspective in mind the next time you complain about traffic or get pissed because your sports team loses; I know I will definitely try to. Sorry for the long post but I felt compelled to share my thoughts. 
QFT. good post 
pimp.gif

tumblr_llrnivVkNt1qb9wbfo1_500.jpg

dug through hella likes on my tumblr to find this story...
tumblr_llaxqp5N1X1qzu6nxo1_500.jpg

The mob was already waiting for James Zwerg by the time the Greyhound bus eased into the station in Montgomery, Alabama.

Looking out the window, Zwerg could see men gripping baseball bats, chains and clubs. They had sealed off the streets leading to the bus station and chased away news photographers. They didn’t want anyone to witness what they were about to do.

Zwerg accepted his worst fear: He was going to die today.

Only the night before, Zwerg had prayed for the strength to not strike back in anger. He was among the 18 white and black college students from Nashville who had decided to take the bus trip through the segregated South in 1961. They called themselves Freedom Riders. Their goal was to desegregate public transportation.

Zwerg had not planned to go, but the night before, some students had asked him to join them. To summon his courage, Zwerg stayed up late, reading Psalm 27, the scripture that the students had picked to read during a group prayer before their trip.

“The Lord is my light and my salvation, of whom shall I fear?

Back
Top Bottom