OFFICIAL RAP BATTLE THREAD: Hitman Holla vs. Aye Verb p.12

I'm going to go back and listen to the battle again, but even the third round where most feel that Lux destroyed Cal wasn't even that serious.
He was trying to kick some knowledge or teach him lesson about a living a life of crime... what the **** was that.
[]

That was called real talk, aka grown man bars

All them '' put the pound on your chin like'' '' my chopper make you do a backflip like'' type punchlines are cool, but IMO there is nothing like a tearing your opponet down with them grown man real talk bars.

Cal started off his 3rd w/ one of the realest quotes in the battle imo, as hyped as Lux generation is/was, they the reason why battle rap N's cant ever get deals and aint respected musically.

Hell yeah that was a monster *** dagger line that Cal threw Lux's way, but because the crowd was behind Lux so much they tried to downplay it... another good line was when Cal said the something about loading up Lux's head with hollow's

I'm going to go back and listen to the battle again, but even the third round where most feel that Lux destroyed Cal wasn't even that serious.
He was trying to kick some knowledge or teach him lesson about a living a life of crime... what the **** was that.
[]

That was called real talk, aka grown man bars

All them '' put the pound on your chin like'' '' my chopper make you do a backflip like'' type punchlines are cool, but IMO there is nothing like a tearing your opponet down with them grown man real talk bars.

Yeah I understand that, but again if you go back and listen to that last round Lux didn't really get to say that many lines because the crowd was D-riding him so hard, while Calicoe had many good to decent lines that third round.

Lux didn't really say anything the second round either he started messing up and and almost choked again, but he held it together.

That 3rd verse was on another level. Lux was spittin' some knowledge to Calico.

"Is your money being long worth your life-span being shorter?"
sick.gif
sick.gif

That starting verse in round 3 by Calico was brutal.

That third round was nice no doubt but y'all hyping Lux up saying he won. :lol:
Dude is undeniably a battle GOD and choked...HARD. He did it in the second round too. If this were anywhere besides NY, he gets booed.
At best you can call it a toss up.
Calico brought it all 3 rounds. Grittiness, emotion, and punchlines. $%^% was hard.
Yea Lux rhyme scheme and word play was nice but what was he really saying?
Besides that third round, I never really got anything from Lux.
I feel like some of y'all didn't watch the battle or are blinded by NY/Lux allegiance.

:rolleyes The battle was far from a classic, but Lux won, period.

A good battle was the Charlie Clips vs X-Factor battle ... (Not SM2 related)

Also Math vs Marvwon was pretty good, and it just recently happened.

NT needs to squad up at the next event, cause dudes be getting hands put on em, word to Bill Collector. :x

Cal did his thing but it felt like he only had 3 impactful lines. The one about the new generation keeping the OGs alive and them not being able to make songs stung. He shoulda kept going in on that. He tried to pre-emptively address the animal abuse, him gaining weight etc and Lux just side stepped the petty disses until the end..."speaking of house....nah...let me not talk about that." He got outsmarted.

Plus Cal was stumbling himself, he stumbled in the first round and that second round proctor setup was kinda corny.

Those lose teeth if he put the De-Kay in our mouth lines just ain't stand up to the s_ Lux was kicking IMO. They both dropped some weak lines that didn't hit right and they both got booed...it was def a hometown bias but Cal was dropping some deliveries and deserved to get booed at times. That Big T chicken scratch line was doodoo . Cal got a lil too comfortable and forgot where he was...NYC always showed him love ("y'all loved me last year") but he got lax, forgot he was up against a NYC legend and tried to violate the crowd...you already on an away court against a legend, compose yourself and use your wit. He deserved some of them boos IMO. "Terranio...I don't think you know who's terrain you on." :lol: :smokin

Cal is in my top 3 and he came strong in this battle but he wasn't prepared for what Lux brought to the table. This battle kinda exposed that his s_ is starting to get old like X-Factor's did at one point.

He just need to regroup and some back with a new material and he'll take his place back at the top of the rankings.

I got him losing this 2-1 though.

Last edited:
A good battle was the Charlie Clips vs X-Factor battle ... (Not SM2 related)

Hell yeah.

Two evenly matched elite battlers that killed it with improvisation, humor and raw bars. That was what battle rap is all about.

Wish they went 3 rounds.

I love it how every time a NYer wins in NY it's 'bias". We show yall outta town n's mad love b. Calicoe didn't beat Lux and he lost to O-red his last battle also if you want to keep it a buck.

Last edited:
I love it how every time a NYer wins in NY it's 'bias". We show yall outta town n's mad love b. Calicoe didn't beat Lux and he lost to O-red his last battle also if you want to keep it a buck.

Fam did you see how the crowd wasn't even saying or barking when Lux choked... It took Cal to make a scene about it for you to hear anything in there... Yet they were all up in arms saying Cal choked when he stumbled of the words in that proctor line.

Not to mention they were amping up his extra regular **** just like Chicago did Big T :smh:

Mogs was just happy to see Lux back, the fact that Smack let him spit for 8+ minutes the 2nd & 3rd round and didn't cut him off was some bull **** bias in itself, call a spade a spade my G.

Any idea of when the rest are gonna drop??
Need to see that Serius

If he did it like he did sm1 , expect a battle every sunday

John john da don is saying on twitter that his and hitman battle is up next

Anybody going to the Arsonal vs math battle on saturday? Let me know, im in the building

Last edited:
That third round was nice no doubt but y'all hyping Lux up saying he won. :lol:
Dude is undeniably a battle GOD and choked...HARD. He did it in the second round too. If this were anywhere besides NY, he gets booed.
At best you can call it a toss up.
Calico brought it all 3 rounds. Grittiness, emotion, and punchlines. $%^% was hard.
Yea Lux rhyme scheme and word play was nice but what was he really saying?
Besides that third round, I never really got anything from Lux.
I feel like some of y'all didn't watch the battle or are blinded by NY/Lux allegiance.

Exactly what I'm saying.

Fam did you see how the crowd wasn't even saying or barking when Lux choked... It took Cal to make a scene about it for you to hear anything in there... Yet they were all up in arms saying Cal choked when he stumbled of the words in that proctor line.

Not to mention they were amping up his extra regular **** just like Chicago did Big T :smh:

Mogs was just happy to see Lux back, the fact that Smack let him spit for 8+ minutes the 2nd & 3rd round and didn't cut him off was some bull **** bias in itself, call a spade a spade my G.

Realest **** spoken about that Cal vs. Lux battle.

And I'm from NYC too so like Cake said call a spade a spade.

You right though about the crowd not even really reacting to Lux choking, but Cal stumbles on some line and they ready to bring the house down :smh:

I'm going to check out the rest of the battles and see what they about... going to check out that Clips vs X-factor since guys are saying that is a well rounded battle.

Word. Keep it 100.
Had Lux been any other rapper not from NY, the crowd would have ended that battle.
Dude literally forgot his verse and the crowd let him ride.
Like I said, Lux was spitting but he wasn't saying #*$*. The crowd repeatedly got hype off them regular bars for nothing.
This dude Lux brought a casket and an obituary with Calico's picture on it, extra corny btw
He was suppose to murder this dude and he left it up for debate.
That automatically gives Calio the win imo.

LUX 3-0 dem 1-2 buckle my shoe rhymes cal was kicking did no damage! He did it to 'em in a suit!

"How you disrespect god? Ain't it Evil to Live backwards?" Loaded Lux

"Is your money being long worth your life-span being shorter?" - Loaded Lux

"You got dreams of that leer jet/ but you gone **** around and crash like Aaliyah Jet." - Loaded Lux

"That big meech back up singing *** ***** left ya moms alone for the latest ride" - Loaded Lux

"YOU A WASTE OF MY TIME *****! AND YOU CUTTING INTO YOUR MOTHER'S ******G TIME!" - Loaded Lux

damn u butchered most of those bars son lol

Word. Keep it 100.
Had Lux been any other rapper not from NY, the crowd would have ended that battle.
Like I said, Lux was spitting but he wasn't saying #*$*. The crowd repeatedly got hype off them regular bars for nothing.
This dude Lux brought a casket and an obituary with Calico's picture on it, extra corny btw

For real I thought this dude was going to bodybag Calicoe from all the props he bought out.

Cal got that battle man... from a totally unbiased opinion Cal got it.

I'm listening to Calicoe's response that the Goldenchild posted and the way even the dudes that hosted the event, SMACK, was behind Lux and going beyond their means to make sure Lux wins and he still didn't :smh:

For real I thought this dude was going to bodybag Calicoe from all the props he bought out.
I'm listening to Calicoe's response that the Goldenchild posted and the way even the dudes that hosted the event, SMACK, was behind Lux and going beyond their means to make sure Lux wins and he still didn't :smh:

He definitely did.

He definitely did.

Nah he didn't.

Anyway, watching this Charlie Clips vs this X-Factor battle and once again the crown is riding with Clips hard... but even though they was riding Clips hard he definitely won that battle.

What they should start doing is let half and half into the venue of each rapper.

Like the Lux vs Calicoe battle they should let half of NY dudes in the crowd and the other half Detroit or wherever the other dude is from.

I'm listening to Calicoe's response that the Goldenchild posted and the way even the dudes that hosted the event, SMACK, was behind Lux and going beyond their means to make sure Lux wins and he still didn't
mean.gif
LOL

Dude had Cal emotional. Like I never saw Calicoe that mad/sad in a battle. Even after the Shotgun Suge one he wasn't like this. Iono maybe he was just hype from the buildup.

Stop with that bias **** too. That N lost period. He said it himself. "Yall was showing me mad love last year" . Exactly He killed Math in NY and got love for it. They booed Math. But this year he went up against a superior opponent simple and plain.

Not to mention they were amping up his extra regular **** just like Chicago did Big T
mean.gif

Word. Keep it 100.
Bringin' out the casket and using props is whack. It's like when Dwight Howard threw on that superman cape. All these props are unnecessary and taking away from what the real competition is about.

Back
Top Bottom