OFFICIAL RAP BATTLE THREAD: Hitman Holla vs. Aye Verb p.12

I feel you...this was his worst performance, but it's the platform he on
In URL/SMACK Lotta Zay wins this 2-1, at 106th ILL WiLL wins because its based off build up and last round, not really round for round

nah, this battle actually went with my judging theory

you can't lose the third round and win the battle

the only real difference between the bet battle and the url is you can't fake the win

they announced a winner right then and there, there's no debating and they can't pull a arsonal, clipz or conceited and cheat by going over time

lotta mighta had more of a chance to come back tho cause of the time differences with the 2 minute rounds compared to 3 because unlike chilla, lottas scheme buildups have huge payoffs

I'd love to see a rematch

SM3 tho

nthat.gif

nah, this battle actually went with my judging theory

you can't lose the third round and win the battle

the only real difference between the bet battle and the url is you can't fake the win

they announced a winner right then and there, there's no debating and they can't pull a arsonal, clipz or conceited and cheat by going over time

lotta mighta had more of a chance to come back tho cause of the time differences with the 2 minute rounds compared to 3 because unlike chilla, lottas scheme buildups have huge payoffs

I'd love to see a rematch
Yea that's what I'm saying...ILL WiLL won the 3rd and that's what stuck on the ppls mind so I feel that he won.. plus Lotta was choking in the 3rd

Lotta won them other 2 rounds tho

Lotta was choking in the 3rd

that's the point I'm making

lotta wanted to turn invisible after wills 3rd

will made zay feel like he already lost and had em choked up, he didn't forget his bars

he damn near didn't wanna say em

and even with the numbers game which I don't use I think will won the second and third round

zay woulda had a better chance if he spit his 2nd round in his 3rd and visa versa

Last edited:
:x

That was better than most NOME 3. :lol:

LottaZay 2-1. I don't subscribe to that round 3 logic. Will's third was crazy tho.

Dam Will my dude too but I can't give him this battle his first two rounds were hard to watch , he mentioned prep time so I'm sure that was a factor and lottazays first two rounds were on point so he did just enough to win.

However Wills 3rd round was classic it shows the potential which has me so excited about him in the first place...he's a problem I think he can go toe to toe with anybody...besides Lux who's overrated at this point.

i respect all opinions but yall really think ill lost?

and lotta is actually one of my favorite battlers right now

I don't think he lost.  But he didn't bring them bars like lotta did.  I don't know maybe because they're both from the same camp he didn't wanna go in on lotta.  If lotta's 3rd verse was like his first 2 then it would've went to him.

Quote:

You prolly right, Lotta might should've spit the 2nd in the 3rd...ILL Will sh** set the bar too high

I don't think ILL Will thought Lotta was gonna spit so hard, but when he did 2 rounds in a row....he had to get back serious wit em

ILL has a diff freestyle game, it's not choppy or nothing...that's scary

ILL Will instantly became one of my favorites when I saw him battle johnnie Alcatraz, dude is for real and I think he can go toe to toe with anybody but lack of prep time hurt him.

His first 2 rounds I didn't like at all and lotta was bringing bars so gotta give him those first 2 and I don't follow the 3rd round rule some of y'all do so I'd give it to lottazay 2-1.

it's not a full blown rule for me really, it's a measurement

if you look thru the history of judged battles every battle that was close went to the artist with the better last round

you can't lose the 3rd in a debatable battle, it looks bad like a good movie with a bad ending

lotta was literally scratching his chin like "damn, how am i gonna come back from this $%"

uff with the right matchups is a better format than the standard url, most of these cats simply can't entertain for a full 5 minute round and i say 5 cause they all seem to go over time limits

that's where the boos come from because filler bars are guaranteed in the url by everyone, they battle too often to get around it...they aren't just booing at summer madness, they're booing at every event now although price and fatigue are also serious issues

it should be a strictly enforced 3 minute round and if they go over time their mic is shut off

good dialog going back and forth

honestly though , i dont think the 5 min rounds are the issue . i think its a direct result at how forgiving fans have been for artists choking . if yall havent seen Mickey Factz untold truth , you should check it out because he talks about it . fans of battle rappers just blindly gas their fav MC up and talk about how they 3-0 everyone they face even when its clear they have under-prepared . people need to be REAL and honest ; let your fav MC know he ****** up if he chokes

i also think Smack not booking a lot of big names for SM3 will help give people a wake up call too , especially if the dudes on the card come with FIRE . if daylyt vs swave goes down as a URL classic , guys like conceited and hitman are going to feel the pressure to step their **** up

i also agree that Ill Will has the potential to be one of the best out , period . i sound like a broken record , but IMO i dont know of anyone ive heard thats better than him when he writes . his entire battle against Johnie , his 3 round against Danja Zone and Lotta Zay , his battle against J Huggans :x

I was at KOTD's World Domination 4 event on Saturday. There were a couple solid battles.

J-Pro vs. Anygma really surprised me, I never watched either of them but they put on a good show.
Young Gattas vs. Boonie Godiva was dope, especially for a female battle. Should translate well to the camera footage.
Rone vs. Real Deal might have a ton of replay value. Bars, jokes, they both came with it. Probably my favorite battle of the night.
Hollohan vs. Charlie Clips, another strong battle but I was so tired when they finally had that battle up, I gotta watch it again to refresh my memory.

I missed out on the title match (Arcane vs. Pat Stay) cause I had to head back home but all in all, decent event although Blackout 2 was much better when I went last January.

I watched that Clips v Hollohan last night

Clips with a damn good performance.

Hollohan was spitting that white struggle which was cold but it wasn't enough

Clips 3-0

good dialog going back and forth

honestly though , i dont think the 5 min rounds are the issue . i think its a direct result at how forgiving fans have been for artists choking . if yall havent seen Mickey Factz untold truth , you should check it out because he talks about it . fans of battle rappers just blindly gas their fav MC up and talk about how they 3-0 everyone they face even when its clear they have under-prepared . people need to be REAL and honest ; let your fav MC know he ****** up if he chokes

i also think Smack not booking a lot of big names for SM3 will help give people a wake up call too , especially if the dudes on the card come with FIRE . if daylyt vs swave goes down as a URL classic , guys like conceited and hitman are going to feel the pressure to step their **** up

i also agree that Ill Will has the potential to be one of the best out , period . i sound like a broken record , but IMO i dont know of anyone ive heard thats better than him when he writes . his entire battle against Johnie , his 3 round against Danja Zone and Lotta Zay , his battle against J Huggans :x

yeah, fans being bias is also an aspect and also american fans like that glittery $% while fans in all other countries allow the artist to build up and they appreciate the round as one performance piece where people in the states judge the round on a bar by bar basis...they're literally booing one bar and cheering the next

and don't let smack fool you, lux wanted 40k to battle and mook wanted 30k

star from star and buckwild is actually offering up 30k to lux and hollow in a winner take all contest and hollow already accepted, everyone is now waiting to hear what nonsense lux has to say and we all know he's gonna mumble some foolishness about the "craft" and the "sport of hiphop" smh

lux will look so lame if he declines so i'm really interested to see how he handles this

yeah, ill is cold, contrary to how others feel i actually think this uff battle was his best performance and this is the battle of the year so far along with hollow vs surf and tone vs lottazay

Last edited:
Ya'll cats gotta realize that this is these guys CAREERS.... Battle rap is no longer a on the corner come as you will type thing. You have guys making money, booking bigger venues, grabbing endorsements etc etc... If i'm Lux or Mook i would be holding out too they lierally helped build this ****, If the money is there pay em.

Ya'll cats gotta realize that this is these guys CAREERS.... Battle rap is no longer a on the corner come as you will type thing. You have guys making money, booking bigger venues, grabbing endorsements etc etc... If i'm Lux or Mook i would be holding out too they lierally helped build this ****, If the money is there pay em.

but you make less money tho ...

one $30 grand battle every 5 years vs several $5-10 grand battles a year

that's cool you can hold out, the show goes on

no way I would pay Mook 30K after that boring battle at SM2 :rolleyes

but you make less money tho ...

one $30 grand battle every 5 years vs several $5-10 grand battles a year

That's on them i think both of them are looking at getting money through different avenue's besides just doing battles... they battle once a year they are still going to be looked at as the top even if they do take an L... Being at the top always means more lucrative deals and opportunities.

If Mook took 3-4 battles this year and loses two... he's taken off that pedestal, have to take a dramatic pay cut, and lower his profile significantly.

also other artists backed out of sm3 from what i'm hearing

i just hope swave don't hit day and get blackballed outta url

Back
Top Bottom