OFFICIAL RAP BATTLE THREAD: Hitman Holla vs. Aye Verb p.12

so ur sayin calico won?

yes and no

yes he won the first 2 rounds and no because lux had a knockout 3rd round

I've always touted my winning the 3rd round theory convincingly wins you the battle, that's the only reason people think clips beat hollow except he didn't have a knockout 3rd it was just a better 3rd

if hollow woulda switched his 3rd with his second he woulda 3-0d clips...

and really cal only lost because it turned into a viral monster with "you gon get this work"

lux ruined battle rap for a year because everyone tried to top his on camera antics and not the lyricism, that's when you got the professor shines and everything else daylyt and others came with

yes and no

yes he won the first 2 rounds and no because lux had a knockout 3rd round

I've always touted my winning the 3rd round theory convincingly wins you the battle, that's the only reason people think clips beat hollow except he didn't have a knockout 3rd it was just a better 3rd

if hollow woulda switched his 3rd with his second he woulda 3-0d clips...

and really cal only lost because it turned into a viral monster with "you gon get this work"

lux ruined battle rap for a year because everyone tried to top his on camera antics and not the lyricism, that's when you got the professor shines and everything else daylyt and others came with

i respect ur opinion but i still disagree.

....no explanation, i know....but i will when i can.

....btw who won in ur opinion clips or b magic?

don't really remember the clips and magic battle

it wasn't that good to me

but I really don't consider cal vs lux as a win or loss battle

neither has matched the impact that battle had on them

all you have to do is listen to any kotd crowd and then listen to any url crowd

they boo'd kids at the apollo, cmon now

Let me straighten some things out real quick. The summer madness when Lux vs Cal happened.

First things first. The footage that dropped was definitely tampered with. When Lux choked in the first he was actually booed really badly. Cal was on fire in the building until the whole "proctor" line. Also, in the building - Lux's mic was pretty awful and it was impossible to understand what he was saying. All those clips of diddy, and busta getting amped for lux didnt happened until the third round and it was only busta who was getting amped. 80% of the dudes in there had Cal winning 2-1 no debating. It wasn't cause dudes thought Cal destroyed him in the 2 rounds. It was the simple facts no one could really comprehend what Lux was spitting. When the footage droppped it was a complete different story. Lux won off creativity alone. At the time no one did what he did. Was he amazing? far from it. Cal did what he was supposed to do. But it wasnt enough.

how?

i dont get whats good bout calicoe?

his rhymes are boring.

every battle i seen....he spits nonsense....imo

Last edited:
And our NY crowds aint biased. If your corny or wack. Your gonna get booed. Dudes be standing up at these events for 10-14 hours. No one wants to hear some trash ****. We wanna hear gun bars, that real ****, punch lines, personals, and some creative name flips. Dont disrespect NY or start crying and youll be 100% fine. Also dont start off slow, get to the point and youll get over just like dudes like Roc.

I dont think Cal is wack at all. It all depends on what you like in battle rap, and how you evaluate battles. It all depends on what you prefer.

IMO -

There's fans for everything in battle rap just like in the hip hop game. I'll break it down as simple as I can -

battle rap has grown to be this big giant. With that being said you have a broader audience of all walks of life, age, gender, and location. The bigger battle rap gets, the more it evolves and new followers are jumping right into it everyday. Usually us as the fans like who we can relate to the most in our own bias vision.

Like I understand why some people like daylyt. He's something I personally cannot relate to. He's more of the "new school" younger demographic in which I understand why people check for him.

You got a guy like Clips - who is very well spoken, can freestyle, is funny, and very consistent to a certain extent. Clips can be appealing to anybody really which is why people cant fathom his faults.

This is 100% my opinion so, I know most would disagree.

Some people can judge battles from an unbias position. But honestly, most people cant. It's really about who you are as a person and what you take from battle rappers content and how it connects to you.

Last edited:
lux didn't get boo'd badly

they gave him a few minutes to get his verse off and nothing was happening then people became impatient but even then most people weren't booing

I won't even speak on the crowds anymore, I def don't agree about ny crowds

Last edited:
Didn't see it posted.

Damn Pat Stay should have stalled off on this dude Calicoe.

From that first bump he should have pushed him away and go into guard mode.

Guaranteed Calicoe wouldn't act in this same manner with someone like Math.

:smh: can't let these little *** N's get an inch because then they think **** will fly.

Add to that Calicoe was drinking Patron straight he is a fool and was looking like a fool out there.

I don't know why dudes do nonsense like this because then promoters will think twice before booking them again and all this does is slow up their money.

3-0 Pay Stay

Cal was looking all types of bad out there.

Once again...........................

NY showed plenty of love (on the same stage in the same venue I might add) when Cal was killing Math 1 year earlier.

Calicoe even said yall was loving me last year doe,

But NY sooooooo bias?

BMagic choked horribly against Heartless and Hitman and the infamous Earl made a lengthy appearance against Goodz in St. Louis and not a single boo was uttered.

But the bias NY crowd is the problem. :rolleyes

Numerous examples of this exist but there's always NY crowd bias and a laundry list of excuses when battlers lose. Calicoe died on that stage. Get over it man.

Last edited:
I don't even think cats in ny like math dog

pass and clips is out

hell of a battle

I love shorter battles

Last edited:
clips did way better against pass then he did with hollow

clips is just likeable as hell

it's damn near impossible for people to say he lost a battle with evidence that they'll agree with

pass rapped his heart out and the crowd still leaned towards clips

Last edited:
I like Calicoe. :\

He was wack in that Pat Stay battle tho, homie was mad drunk & unprofessional.

I wanna see him on SM5 against T Top.

Back
Top Bottom