Official Reebok Kamikaze II Thread AKA "Reignmans"

Interest has subsided very much in the Kamikaze. 5 years ago when everybody pretended to be a retro basketball shoe connoisseur those shoes were in the spotlight but now the hypetrain rides on different tracks. I think we'll probably see a lot of releases like that which might even be good but probably without a lot of fuss about them.

Forgive my ignorance, but can someone explain the ATL-LAX part? I get that those are airport codes, but how does this tie in with the shoe?

Screenshot_2018-02-16-11-24-17.png
Screenshot_2018-02-16-10-33-05.png

bait-bruce-lee-reebok-kamikaze-ii-3.png
bait-bruce-lee-reebok-kamikaze-ii-5.png
bait-bruce-lee-reebok-kamikaze-ii-6.png
Via SC

This pair's colorway takes inspiration from Lee's Game of Death jumpsuit. It utilizes a yellow leather upper with black accents on the silhouette's signature jagged stripe pattern, tongue, branding, and outsole. Special Bruce Lee hits come in the form of 'Bruce Lee' written on the lateral toe area, his signature flying kick pose in yellow on the heel, red slash marks on the tongue's pull tab, and graphic insoles that display a photo of the man himself. Matching mesh basketball shorts will also be releasing alongside this pair of the Shawn Kemp signature model.

Colourblocking and logo on the heel are nice. Was the Bruce Lee on the toebox necessary though?

That would be the one drawback. Would look much better had they used his signature if they needed more branding

Back
Top Bottom