[::Official Rihanna Thread - ANTI Album Out Now::]

Originally Posted by bonafide101

wow, she releases an album like every year.. Is that a good thing or bad thing?

necessary in the mainstream. and i'm actually kind of impressed with her and her team's ability to consistently drop hits. they got another right here

I can't believe she is still around...its low-key amazing she hasn't fallen off.

I wish she would do more reggae stuff though...those were her best songs IMO.

Like Man Down is a BANGER.

She has to put out an album every 10 months. She's not talented enough to take a 3 year break in between releasing albums like A.Keys and Beyonce do. If she were to take a break for more than a year, people would forget about her. By releasing albums so fast, she keeps her name hot in the streets.

Originally Posted by DMV is RNB

She has to put out an album every 10 months. She's not talented enough to take a 3 year break in between releasing albums like A.Keys and Beyonce do. If she were to take a break for more than a year, people would forget about her. By releasing albums so fast, she keeps her name hot in the streets.

Rihanna is more popular than you think...

Loud>4

Joint with Jay goes
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by KayCurrency

Loud>4

she's popular but not super talented...

you could find another pretty girl to do exactly what she's doing...

if she took a break the next pretty thing w/a great team would come along and take her spot

Loud>4
I mean, what are you even trying to argue here?  
laugh.gif
 Surely you're not suggesting that Loud is a better album than 4, because if so...I don't even need to carry on a discussion with you.  Her manager Jay Brown even admitted as much himself.... "Kids want new material all the time.  I think you become disposable when you put out an album every 3 years."
And he's right.  Of course that is the case... when you have disposable talent.  

But then again, it's not Rihanna's fault that the verses in S&M have the exact same melodic structure as Disturbia, and the dummies that send it to number one don't even realize it.   

Popular does not equal talented.  I shouldn't have even had to type that.

Loud>4
I mean, what are you even trying to argue here?  
laugh.gif
 Surely you're not suggesting that Loud is a better album than 4, because if so...I don't even need to carry on a discussion with you.  Her manager Jay Brown even admitted as much himself.... "Kids want new material all the time.  I think you become disposable when you put out an album every 3 years."
And he's right.  Of course that is the case... when you have disposable talent.  

But then again, it's not Rihanna's fault that the verses in S&M have the exact same melodic structure as Disturbia, and the dummies that send it to number one don't even realize it.   

Popular does not equal talented.  I shouldn't have even had to type that.
Yeah, I usually agree with Kay but this is the real argument...
Shes not talented enough to disappear 
roll.gif

30t6p3b.gif

Look what happened to Keri and Ciara

I'm not saying "talent" is saving her career nor am I saying she's more talented than Beyonce or A.Keys, because imo, she's not.... What I'm saying is that if she took a year or 2 off she would still be OK because she has a large fan base... People anticipate her music

You can't put Keri Hilson/Ciara in the same category as Rihanna. Rihanna has reached "pop star" status... She's on the same plateau as Beyonce, whether you want to admit it or not...

And for the record... Loud>4

4 is good, but the only reason why its grown on me is because Radio stations play Bey's Singles to death... and that's basically all my girl listens to in her car.

I was jammin' to Loud from the first listen
pimp.gif

With that being said, I'm going to do some one armed push-ups so I can feel like a man again after this reply.

laugh.gif

You can tell little to no creative effort was put in on this CD....what a joke.  Brainwashing young teenage girls into sex crazed lustful "women"....oh wow.  

You can't put Keri Hilson/Ciara in the same category as Rihanna.
Agreed.

I'm not saying "talent" is saving her career nor am I saying she's more talented than Beyonce or A.Keys, because imo, she's not
Truth.

if she took a year or 2 off she would still be OK because she has a large fan base... People anticipate her music
We don't know that.

Her fans haven't been given the chance to actually know what it's like to "anticipate" her music yet.

She's 23 and on album #6.

It's to the point now that if she were to leave music for a number of years her fans would automatically assume she was done and move on to their next favorite artist.

Rihanna has reached "pop star" status... She's on the same plateau as Beyonce, whether you want to admit it or not
As far as popularity as an international pop star? Sure.

But that's the ONLY plateau they share. See my second quote of your post.

By this logic Justin Beiber is the second coming of Michael Jackson.

And for the record... Loud>4
laugh.gif
@ you making sure this was expressed.

Both great in their own right, though.

*Sidenote*
Shoutout to my homie Chauncey for producing #3 on this joint.
pimp.gif

Ok I'm done. Bye.

Back
Top Bottom