Official Sacramento Kings Off-season Thread

^My boy says, the Maloofs are adamant about not selling. Ego won't allow it. Mentioned something about NOH and future of pro bball in Sacto
nerd.gif

^My boy says, the Maloofs are adamant about not selling. Ego won't allow it. Mentioned something about NOH and future of pro bball in Sacto
nerd.gif

Man %*+% the Magoofs then. I'd rather sell the team then leave the city. They never seemed to me as the smart businessmen/entrepreneur type. Just some kids that inherited Dad's $$$ and is blowing it away by the second.

Man %*+% the Magoofs then. I'd rather sell the team then leave the city. They never seemed to me as the smart businessmen/entrepreneur type. Just some kids that inherited Dad's $$$ and is blowing it away by the second.

Originally Posted by TyrekeEvans

stern must really want a team in anaheim

I think he just wants the NBA out of Sac
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

SOB, the presentation and flaunting of Burkle was more to show Sac can support a team with right owners and that an arena deal is still inching closer and closer

Personally, it doesn't feel like KJ made much of an effort or play to keep the Kings here
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by TyrekeEvans

stern must really want a team in anaheim

I think he just wants the NBA out of Sac
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

SOB, the presentation and flaunting of Burkle was more to show Sac can support a team with right owners and that an arena deal is still inching closer and closer

Personally, it doesn't feel like KJ made much of an effort or play to keep the Kings here
ohwell.gif

yeah KJ probably knew the maloofs and stern were all in about leaving sac since march with the meeting....

He probably thought he couldn't save them with Stern leading the way for relocation and so he comes up with this plan.

yeah KJ probably knew the maloofs and stern were all in about leaving sac since march with the meeting....

He probably thought he couldn't save them with Stern leading the way for relocation and so he comes up with this plan.

Ron Burkle press release via sactownroyalty

Burkle's firm has just sent out this press release:

"We want to thank Mayor Kevin Johnson for his efforts to keep the Kings and the NBA in Sacramento. We were pleased to be a part of his presentation today and we are encouraged by the progress, energy and new resources behind the effort to keep the NBA in Sacramento.

"The Maloofs have been strong owners and a positive part of the Sacramento community for years, but it is important that Kings fans and residents of the Sacramento region know that the Burkle Group is ready to commit the resources and expertise necessary to keep the NBA in Sacramento. Our group believes Sacramento is an important NBA market that can thrive with new ideas, new resources and an absolute commitment to delivering the best on and off-court experiences for fans.

"This group, led by Pittsburgh Penguins owner Ron Burkle, is prepared to assist the Mayor by bringing significant resources and the best possible expertise in professional sports, facilities development and financing to bear in the effort to keep Sacramento as an NBA city.

"The Burkle group, our local partners and other investors are looking forward to working together with the Mayor and other regional leaders to keep the NBA in Sacramento, deliver on a new facility and provide Kings fans in the region with decades more of great memories."

Ron Burkle press release via sactownroyalty

Burkle's firm has just sent out this press release:

"We want to thank Mayor Kevin Johnson for his efforts to keep the Kings and the NBA in Sacramento. We were pleased to be a part of his presentation today and we are encouraged by the progress, energy and new resources behind the effort to keep the NBA in Sacramento.

"The Maloofs have been strong owners and a positive part of the Sacramento community for years, but it is important that Kings fans and residents of the Sacramento region know that the Burkle Group is ready to commit the resources and expertise necessary to keep the NBA in Sacramento. Our group believes Sacramento is an important NBA market that can thrive with new ideas, new resources and an absolute commitment to delivering the best on and off-court experiences for fans.

"This group, led by Pittsburgh Penguins owner Ron Burkle, is prepared to assist the Mayor by bringing significant resources and the best possible expertise in professional sports, facilities development and financing to bear in the effort to keep Sacramento as an NBA city.

"The Burkle group, our local partners and other investors are looking forward to working together with the Mayor and other regional leaders to keep the NBA in Sacramento, deliver on a new facility and provide Kings fans in the region with decades more of great memories."

That is fantastic news!
happy.gif

If CP3 leaves, that is going to be one craptastic team, but at least Sac gets a team back.

Crown Ron Burkle!

That is fantastic news!
happy.gif

If CP3 leaves, that is going to be one craptastic team, but at least Sac gets a team back.

Crown Ron Burkle!

You have to wonder...if the league doesn't see the Maloofs as "ownership material," and now they see Burkle out here, could they put the Maloofs in a corner by voting relocation down? Can the Maloofs afford the war of attrition? Would they compromise by letting Burkle and co take over majority shares in order to keep their pride and get an arena built? Is this too rational? All of the cards are yet to be played. Gonna grab my popcorn and head back into the cave of mourning.

Ps I find it pretty hilarious that Stern thought KJ was gonna drop Chuck Peterson's name
laugh.gif

You have to wonder...if the league doesn't see the Maloofs as "ownership material," and now they see Burkle out here, could they put the Maloofs in a corner by voting relocation down? Can the Maloofs afford the war of attrition? Would they compromise by letting Burkle and co take over majority shares in order to keep their pride and get an arena built? Is this too rational? All of the cards are yet to be played. Gonna grab my popcorn and head back into the cave of mourning.

Ps I find it pretty hilarious that Stern thought KJ was gonna drop Chuck Peterson's name
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom