official SAFEHOUSE movie thread

Originally Posted by ksteezy

Well RT gave The Grey an 80% with that said, they have nooooooo clue what a good movie is from a bad One...lol

I can't believe people put some much stock into what these guys say. They are terrible.

I enjoyed this a lot. Surprising scenes, suspenseful music, good acting and that perfect 10 blue eyed girl from the Departed

Movie kept me entertained throughout. Ryan Reynolds performance was better than I expected. The action was great and the fight scenes were damn good. The one at the 2nd safe house kind of reminded me of the Bourne movies. I loved how they used their location and set and really had us feeling we were in Capetown.
is it better than American Gangster, Man On Fire, Training Day or even the Bourne Trilogy? No, it's a Denzel movie so I had to make those comparisons, but they aren't really about the same thing. The action in Safe House surpasses those by far. This was a really good action movie and I will give it a 6.7 give or take. The climax @ the second safe house was a very damn good one but I will not lie, the ending was disappointing and it felt unfinished.

I'm a big Denzel fan so I think I went in with too high of expectations, which resulted in being a little disappointed. Overall, the movie was cool though,
I definitely enjoyed it. But I agree that the ending kind of sucked.

Originally Posted by megatron

I loved how they used their location and set and really had us feeling we were in Capetown.
that is probably because they were in capetown

Originally Posted by thejrob

Can't wait to see this
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I liked it, anything Denzel is in, I am a fan of, wasn't classic status or anything but worth seeing for entertainment

Originally Posted by go rilla

I loved how they used their location and set and really had us feeling we were in Capetown.

I thought megatron was a troll or somethin? I dunno.

I read a summary on Wikipedia cause I pretty much could guess what the twist was. And I was right. Movies are too typical now.

I have a feeling as to what the twist will be, I'm sure there was a "reason" why he turned on those agents...still going to see it tonight

Well, we have our laziest film of the year award polished and ready to be handed out to Safe House.

What a Stinker.

I thought this film was pretty down right awful, from the awful script to the indecisive character building of Tobin Frost.

Went more in depth about that in my review, Ryan Reynolds was actually my lone bright spot in the film, he did a solid job.

But Denzel really phoned one in, nothing new out of him, don't get me wrong he was great, but boy was it bland for him.

The movie is so predictable, I just was frustrated at the end.

It goes to show you, throw some big names on the poster, add a catchy rap song in the trailer throw in some guns and car chases and you got sheep flocking.

Read my review for details, of course as always they are spoiler free.

Full Review - http://bit.ly/wZT4M2

4/10

Just got back. The action was the only cool thing about the movie. I thought the storyline was weak as well.

wasn't the best movie but i liked the action. My favorite part was the car chase including when they fought in the car from the trunk.

Originally Posted by Al Audi

Originally Posted by go rilla

I thought megatron was a troll or somethin? I dunno.

You right.

good movie 
pimp.gif
def had a Bourne feeling to it

was hard to take Reynolds seriously but it kinda worked for the role

Back
Top Bottom