:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2012-2013 Season Thread - Training Camp Starts July 27:::

Jed Yorks gonna get Revis Island on a 1-year contract and go win the SB like his Uncle Eddie did with Prime Time. 8)

We'll be back & I hope to say goodbye to Candlestick with a SB Trophy next year...

Jags game is in London. :smh: That **** better be before the bye week.

Edit: Jenkins said he will start training with Kaep.

Ahh crap... Forgot about that stupid game in London, well hopefully I can make the Tampa game...

Good for Jenkins, hopefully he can get on the field next year and its not like we wasted a first round pick on nothing :smh:

Damn RIP to Delanies aunt and uncle.

Yeah it definitely puts things in perspective. I was devastated after the Super Bowl loss, but what he has to be feeling right now I can't even fathom.

Just heard on the radio out here in NY, Welker wants to join the 49ers and the 49ers want him.

Hope we dont land Welker, doesnt make sense having 3 slot receivers and no vertical threat. Plus, Welker is overrated

Last edited:
Yeah it definitely puts things in perspective. I was devastated after the Super Bowl loss, but what he has to be feeling right now I can't even fathom.

I said after the SB loss that was the saddest and disappointing day ever in my life then this happens to Delanie. Nothing compares to losing a loved one, let alone two of them. RIP. |I

Hope we dont land Welker, doesnt make sense having 3 slot receivers and no vertical threat. Plus, Welker is overrated

Eh it be nice to sign a tall physical receiver but if thats not in the plans I'd take Welker at the right price.

http://www.contracostatimes.com/bre...elling-part-new-stadium-up?source=most_viewed

SANTA CLARA -- Here's your chance to be part of the San Francisco 49ers' new stadium for a couple of hundred bucks.

Santa Clara officials on Friday said the 49ers will begin selling commemorative bricks that will be installed throughout the $1.2 billion stadium, set to open in 2014. Fans can inscribe their names and messages on the bricks.

The bricks are expected to go on sale on March 1. They will cost $175, $325 or $375, depending on size and the length of inscription on the brick. The yearlong sales campaign is expected to raise $2.5 million to $3 million, with the proceeds going toward funding construction of the stadium.

The bricks come with an extra replica for fans to keep -- and display cases with laser-engraved 49ers logos can be bought for another $54.95 or $69.95, depending on size.

Some fans of other U.S. sports teams have seen the bricks as a good gift idea or way to signify their allegiance to their team, though others dismiss them as a ploy for their teams to gouge more money from fans. Similar programs are in place at AT&T Park in San Francisco, Cowboys Stadium in Texas, Staples Center in Los Angeles and Citi Field in New York, among others.

Fund Raisers Ltd., a company based in Boise, Idaho, will make and sell the bricks on behalf of the team and the Santa Clara Stadium Authority, the public agency that took out an $850 million loan to begin construction in April.

The bricks will be 8 inches long,
2¼ inches thick, and either 4 or 8 inches wide -- allowing up to six lines of text. Adding a 49ers logo will cost more.They will be available for purchase on a "virtual brick website," which features a $5 fee for online orders.

Copped.

Matt Maiocco
CSNBayArea.com

Percy Harvin is scheduled for a salary of $2.927 million in 2013 and the 49ers may have enough draft picks to land him in a trade. (USA TODAY IMAGES)

A year ago, the 49ers' top offseason need was wide receiver.

Michael Crabtree was the only 49ers' wideout to catch a pass in the season-ending loss to the New York Giants in the NFC Championship Game.

The 49ers addressed their receiver deficiency with the additions of free agents Randy Moss and Mario Manningham, the re-signing of Ted Ginn and the selection of first-round draft pick A.J. Jenkins.

But, again, the 49ers found themselves short-handed at wide receiver in the playoffs -- to the point where their No. 2, Randy Moss, caught just seven receptions for 112 yards in three postseason games. Ginn had one catch for 3 yards in the postseason.

Manningham played in just 12 games before sustaining tears to the anterior cruciate and posterior cruciate ligaments in his left knee. He underwent surgery in mid-January. He still was second on the 49ers with 42 receptions during the regular season.

The 49ers are set up better at receiver than a year ago, but they still could use some help.

After all, Manningham will miss the entire offseason program and he might not be ready to play until the end of training camp. Kyle Williams, who sustained a season-ending torn ACL, should be ready for the start of camp.

Jenkins, whose rookie season consisted of a dropped pass on the only throw that came his way, has vowed to spend the offseason working with quarterback Colin Kaepernick.

Still, the 49ers can be expected to look to add wide receivers in the offseason. There are probably 31 teams in the league that would not mind adding Percy Harvin, who does not figure to be back with the Minnesota Vikings.

Harvin makes a lot of sense for just about any team because of his scheduled salary of $2.927 million for the 2013 season. The 49ers, who select No. 31 overall, also have a lot to offer the Vikings in a trade. The 49ers expect to have 13 or 14 draft picks after the compensatory selections are announced in late-March.

Because of his one-year affordability, Harvin makes a lot more sense for the 49ers than scheduled unrestricted free agents Wes Welker, Dwayne Bowe or Mike Wallace. Welker and Bowe both made $9.515 million last season as franchise players.

Projected 49ers 2013 draft picks
1. First round, No. 31: Own pick
2. Second round, No. 63: Own pick
3. Third round, No. 76: From Carolina in trade-back during 2012 draft
4. Third round, No. 95: Own pick
5. Third round, TBA: Possible compensatory selection
6. Fourth round, TBA: Own pick
7. Fifth round, TBA: From Indianapolis in trade-back during 2012 draft
8. Fifth round, TBA: Own pick
9. Sixth round,TBA: Own pick
10. Sixth round, TBA: From Miami in trade-back during 2012 draft
11. Seventh round, TBA: From Cincinnati for Taylor Mays
12. Seventh round, TBA: Own pick
13. Seventh round, TBA: Possible compensatory selection
14. Seventh round, TBA: Possible compensatory selection

My goodness if we could land Percy :smokin

I hope we can pull off a trade involving Alex Smith where we'd receive a solid DB as well

Percy/Manningham/Williams in the slot... Crabby and Jenkins(if he develops),on the outside :pimp:

Special teams would be filled with returners as well

We dont need another slot receiver. Not saying he isnt good or the best of what we would have. Just would rather focus on other areas.

Harvin has supposedly had 2 explosive verbal confrontations with his head coaches since he's been in MIN

why would SFO want someone like that? Same with Bowe.

Mike Wallace is also available he'd compliment Crabtree a lot better, but his price may be too much.

Chris Gamble just got released he'd be a good nickel but he'd probably start elsewhere.

Harvin has supposedly had 2 explosive verbal confrontations with his head coaches since he's been in MIN
why would SFO want someone like that? Same with Bowe.

[COLOR=#red]Mike Wallace is also available he'd compliment Crabtree a lot better, but his price may be too much.[/COLOR]

Chris Gamble just got released he'd be a good nickel but he'd probably start elsewhere.

Yeah I view Mike Wallace as the most valuable wide receiver option in terms of the 49ers' needs. Enough of the downfield "decoys," San Fran needs a serious downfield threat and Mike Wallace can provide that. He would open up San Fran's short to mid-range passing game exponentially with his speed alone. If Jimmy needs to bite anything offensively off his brother Johnny, it's his team's simple but effective passing attack.

We were eyeing Wallace last offseason, but with the money we spent on Mario I dont see us signing any of the big name WR free agents. Greg Jennings would be a great fit for us as well but I wont get my hopes up. First priority is Dashon, everything will come after that.

Did folks actually see Mike Wallace play this year??  He was okay, closer to awful overall.  Greg Jennings is a better receiver than him money aside and would appear to be less of a headache. 

Merton and Deuce are correct. People are in love with the idea of Mike but in actuality he was pretty bad last year. Mistake filled season, costly drops and turnovers.

We were eyeing Wallace last offseason, but with the money we spent on Mario I dont see us signing any of the big name WR free agents. Greg Jennings would be a great fit for us as well but I wont get my hopes up. First priority is Dashon, everything will come after that.
they already talking about jerry throwing some money at byrd or dashon..

personally if i had the choice, id take goldson because of the physicality he brings...plus we all remember what happened the last time an all pro db went from san fran to dallas 
smokin.gif

i think the 9ers would be plain unfair with mike wallace...yea he had a down year, but i dont see a receiver on the 9ers as good as antonio brown...and he wont be worried about getting paid anymore...homie would be sick in san fran man..

^dont like it...

as previously stated, the Niners need a legit deep threat on the outside.

Another CB and Goldson re-signing are also more important than getting Percy

I like Percy more than any other player mentioned, his versatility as a RB/WR would be a perfect fit for our team. You guys do know how good he is right?

And to be worried about "verbal confrontations" is weak, Harbaugh has a team full of Pro Bowlers/All Pro's/Randy Moss and he keeps them all in check, you barely hear a peep out of them minus Randy at the Super Bowl.

I do agree that Dashon and a DB(s) should be our first priorities, but if we can add a guy like Percy for a good deal I think we need to do it. We actually have a QB who can throw the ball down the field hard and accurate.

Back
Top Bottom