:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Offseason Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Wilton Speight signed as UDFA. I know we needed a 4th QB while Jimmy G rehabs but I wanted a guy who can supplant Beathard as QB3 and I have no faith that Speight can do it.

D2D8D727-EE2A-4351-9DC5-58B2101EA5B8.jpeg

janikowski, gostkowski..next up Wishnowsky

If he can live up to his surname, I’m not mad at him as a fourth rounder. Punting is a huge facet of the game that could give our defense a huge edge.

Only thing is he's a punter not a kicker. The punter is the last person you want to see on the field. If he can pin the ball inside the opponents 10 on every punt then perfect, otherwise I feel they could've drafted in other areas of need where they could've found a starter/game changer.

Last edited:
Only thing is he's a punter not a kicker. The punter is the last person you want to see on the field. If he can pin the ball inside the opponents 10 on every punt then perfect, otherwise I feel they could've drafted in other areas of need where they could've found a starter/game changer.
Finding a game changer past the 3rd is like a 2-3.5 % chance and finding a starter past the 3rd is in that 10-12 %range. I remember reading this leading up to the draft years back. That’s why the George Kittle find was such an incredible pick.

So I’m not that upset bout the punter. My initial reaction was to grab best available safety or O-lineman to compete with their respective positional groups. But I see the percentages and know how tough it is to land guys.

Finding a game changer past the 3rd is like a 2-3.5 % chance and finding a starter past the 3rd is in that 10-12 %range. I remember reading this leading up to the draft years back. That’s why the George Kittle find was such an incredible pick.

So I’m not that upset bout the punter. My initial reaction was to grab best available safety or O-lineman to compete with their respective positional groups. But I see the percentages and know how tough it is to land guys.
That’s why I never get overworked about the draft. Whenever y’all have time randomly go back 5 or 10 years and look at those drafts. Bet you don’t recognize 90% of the names.

The draft is a crapshoot. If we can get 1 impact player and 1 or 2 starters out of a draft we won.

Agreed that we’re not excited to see a punter (or a kicker for that matter) but if you need one, gotta make sure you have a reliable one. Pinning a team inside their own 10 is great but I’m more so hoping that we can get a punter that can change field position in situations where we’re punting from inside our 20. Pinion was constantly shanking punts. Im willing to take a flyer on a 4th rounder. The way I’m looking at it is niners traded down to get him and picked up some extra 6th rounders in the process, not too bad overall

Niners signed Ross Reynolds, a guard from Iowa. Keep an eye on this guy. Reynolds is a dude that plays with great leverage. Nasty finisher. Iowa's offense shares many similarities to Kyle's. Shanahan system has a long history of turning these type of dudes into starters.

Great vid on Hurds journey.

Don’t think I’ve ever heard of a 6’4 230 pound Swiss Army knife :lol: This should be interesting.

Wonder how that discussion about Beyoncé is gonna go between Solomon and Bosa.

Soloman so soft for going to Beyoncé concerts.

Back
Top Bottom