:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [1-1 @Rams 9/22 1:25PST]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I agree Roqoun,Minkah, Nelson are great prospects but Harold Landry biggest potential difference maker of the bunch. Moving that QB of his spot on 5 and 7 step drops is the key to disrupting offense in this modern NFL.

There is widespread speculation Roqoun and Nelson will be gone by time it gets to 9.

I am hereby predicting 4 QBs, Saquon Barkley, and Chubb, goin to the top 6:

1. to Cleveland QB Sam Darnold, 2. NYG RB Saquon Barkley, 3. NYJ QB Josh Rosen, 4. Cleveland DE Chubb, 5. AZ QB Baker Mayfield 6. Buffalo QB Josh Allen

I think that means (barring trades)

Tampa, Chicago, and SF will get their picks of Mink, Nelson, and Roquan

So we definitely in the mix for one of them, but since we’re lasf of the three likely we’ll get whichever the other two don’t pick. I’m picturing Tampa takes Minkah, Chicago takes Quenton, we take Roquan.

One of those three (Roquan, Quenton, Mink) is who I want if we stay at 9.

Capture.JPG

If Michel falls to the third.

1 guy I think 49ers could be interested in that I would be bummed if he’s the pick is LT Mike McGlinchey. It’s been said multiple times throughout the last year that Trent Brown isn’t a great fit for what Shanny likes to accomplish in the run game.

Chris Simms on his podcast mocked McGlinchey to 49ers. They both played on the University of Texas football team Simms the QB Kyle shanny a WR who never played but to this day they have a very close relationship. Dudes even got matching tattoos of each other’s initials.

Marcus Davenport has potential to be Best player in Draft. Reminds me of Demarcus Ware. I’ve cooled on him in last month but dudes fluidity at that size is some rare specimen stuff.

I’ll be disappointed if we draft Edmunds or Landry. I’ll be ecstatic if we can land Smith, Fitzpatrick, Nelson or even Barkley (I know, wishful thinking).

I’ll be disappointed if we draft Edmunds or Landry. I’ll be ecstatic if we can land Smith, Fitzpatrick, Nelson or even Barkley (I know, wishful thinking).
I’d be cool with anyone there but Edmunds.

Last edited:
Man I wouldn’t be disappointed with Edmunds but I do want a team ahead of us to take him.

He’s an ascending talent that is 19 years old.

1 guy I think 49ers could be interested in that I would be bummed if he’s the pick is LT Mike McGlinchey. It’s been said multiple times throughout the last year that Trent Brown isn’t a great fit for what Shanny likes to accomplish in the run game.

Chris Simms on his podcast mocked McGlinchey to 49ers. They both played on the University of Texas football team Simms the QB Kyle shanny a WR who never played but to this day they have a very close relationship. Dudes even got matching tattoos of each other’s initials.

McGlinchey is a very good tackle. A lot of people soured on him after the Miami game. I think he'd be a solid pick. He'd be a beast in Kyle's outside zone game, which is the foundation of his offense. Plus, gotta protect the franchise!

Trent Brown would likely get traded shortly after.

Last edited:
red81 red81 if we took Roquan at 9 would you play him at mike.

Personally I think he’d thrive at will.

Yep, absolutely, especially in Saleh's scheme. I'd start him at Will until he assimilates to NFL game speed, and move him to Mike in the future.

Even if we do get Roquan this is very telling about Trent. Kyle don’t want him.

I wonder if they talked to him about losing 30 pounds or so.

I'm sure they've sat him down multiple times about that. The thing with Trent is he has struggled with weight since college. It will never change. Dude just can't keep a cheeseburger out of his mouth, which is a shame because he's an outstanding pass protector.

He'd be a really good fit in a power team where the weight isn't as big of an issue. I heard a team across the bay happens to run power and needs a right tackle. :nerd:

I'm sure they've sat him down multiple times about that. The thing with Trent is he has struggled with weight since college. It will never change. Dude just can't keep a cheeseburger out of his mouth, which is a shame because he's an outstanding pass protector.

He'd be a really good fit in a power team where the weight isn't as big of an issue. I heard a team across the bay happens to run power and needs a right tackle. :nerd:
What would we get for him though?

If the 49ers do draft Edmunds, I hope they just keep it simple. Don't get cute with all this "he can be LEO" ******** that draftniks are trying to push. He's not a pass rusher. Keep it simple for the young cat. Put him at WLB and have focus on mastering that one spot. That's what Pete Carroll did with KJ Wright. I think he can excel in that role.

I don't know who made this video, but it does a great job of highlighting everything that worries me about Edmunds. It also highlights what makes Roquan special. His instincts are other worldly.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom