:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [1-1 @Rams 9/22 1:25PST]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It was a semi rhetorical question. I understand decoy routes, but NOBODY is gonna fall for that because Vance can't catch. I'm dead *** serious when I say I can only remember 3 plays in his entire career that I know of and 2 of them he didn't end up with the ball in his hands. The late drop against Carolina in '13 that cost us the game (1 of many winnable games that cost us home field in the playoffs). The Rams game on MNF in '14 when Vernon snatched away what would've been his 1st ever TD and he was visibly pissed :smile:lol). And his 1st ever TD that came against Seattle. That's it.

Ol Bruce Miller definitely on the outside looking in if that depth chart is indicative of how the coaching staff feels.

Still hope he can make it as a special teamer.

That sucks man. Bruce Miller was a great FB for us and now he battling for a TE spot. :smh: wish they had some packages that had him involved in. Now he fighting for a special team spot like he a journeyman or something.

If chip's offense is predicated on short quick reads what good is Ol' McDonald's speed on seam routes? Seems kinda purposeless to run down the field 25+ yards when you're not gonna have the ball thrown in your direction.
Lots of teams run these exact type of plays all of the time the fast man, in our case Vance McDonald or Torrey Smith, runs a fast and deep route which hopefully draws a defender or two allowing for a slot receiver to make a quick catch and ideally run for additional yards after the catch. Screens, crossing routes, sweeps and lots of other plays can involve the exact same kind of deception and IMHO they're far from purposeless its part of the game. 
They are if Vance McDonald cant catch the ball......which he cant.

View media item 2128914

69a4a437_joakim-noah-e1306209579112.jpeg

5-star recruit out of high school and the #1 qb prospect in the nation at the time. He was supposed to be the heir apparent to tebow, but was a disappointment due to injuries, OC turnover and overall not playing up to his potential. He transferred out and found success at la tech.

He checks all the boxes from a physical standpoint, so he's got a lot of potential. QB is a major crapshoot. who knows what he can turn into or what his ceiling is.

Last edited:
Training Camp Day 9: "Nothing to see here at Kezar as both QB's struggle"

Neither Kaepernick nor Blaine Gabbert stood out Wednesday, and both struggled to complete passes late in the team sessions. Gabbert completed his first six passes – mostly short passes – but finished 9-14. His best throw may have been an over-the-middle toss to DiAndre Campbell on fourth down, which set up a 47-yard field goal by Phil Dawson. During seven-on-seven drills, he threw a long touchdown to receiver DeAndrew White. The pass, however, only reached White after slipping through cornerback Rashard Robinson’s hands.

Kaepernick also had trouble completing passes in his last drill and nearly was picked off by safety Antoine Bethea. He finished just 3-8 in team drills and also had a couple of bobbled snaps, one from center Marcus Martin. He completed a long, sideline pass to Quinton Patton during seven-on-seven drills and finished 8-15 in that period.

The only touchdown in seven-on-seven red-zone drills came from Thaddeus Lewis, who threw a dart to rookie Devon Cajuste.

Arik Armstead: [UPDATE:]  Status for Friday's joint-practice and Sunday's preseason game 1 unknown

Linebackers: Ray-Ray Armstrong worked with the first-team defense at inside linebacker. Nick Bellore and Michael Wilhoite were paired with the second-team group while Shayne Skov and Gerald Hodges worked with the third-team group. 

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/sports/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/article94881612.html#storylink=cpy

Last edited:
There's going to be some growing pains with the line--primarily the right side. Chip and his staff are really going to have to get these guys ready. Garnett has never played in pure zone scheme or AD hasn't since college. The combo blocks require a lot of cohesiveness on the part of the players, so they're really going to have to understand their assignments, communicate with one another, and really try to cultivate their synergy. 

I remember Bill Walsh had a saying that goes something like "give me good players for power running and good coaching for zone running". Seattle is the embodiment of this quote. They trot out bums on their line, but because they have the best zone line coach in the game, they don't miss a beat. They coach their guys up to execute at a high level.

Last edited:
ronald blair

ronald blair
ronald blair
get used to saying that name

Last edited:
Josh Garnett had an interview on knbr today,incredibly smart kid, definitely Stanford educated lol

lol vernon just dropped a ball in the endzone that hit both his hands 
laugh.gif
 he's in mid-season form. 
nthat.gif

Last edited:
Classic Vernon Davis dropping the ball in the endzone on what should have been a TD, guess somethings never change with ol' stonehands. 

Back
Top Bottom