:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [2-2 vs Cardinals 10/07 1:05PST]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
i dont know where armstead goes.

defo should be fine. he'll probably be used as a 3tech. some teams like to use two 3techs in sub packages, so maybe armstead finds a role there.

lynch is fat as ****, but if he loses the weight, he should be fine as a DE. maybe even a elephant/leo.

bow should be okay if he comes back healthy. i think he can play at strong or mike.

I think jimmie ward, jaquiski tartt and rashard robinson would be great fits if bradley plans to use the seattle secondary concepts. a lot of jamming at the line and bailing in cover 1/cover 3 sky coverages. jimmie finally playing centerfield and quaski playing the strong safety/kam role in the box with flat responsibilities. 

eli harold might be the best fit of them all 
laugh.gif
 he reminds me a lot of what seattle looks for in their outside LBs

Last edited:
i believe if he gets that job, niners be paying less of his remaining salary. saints will pick up some of the cost. it will be miniscule compared to what he's owned by the niners, tho.

Wasn't / Isn't Seattle defense built on speed?

Smaller DL / LBers to attack and get after the QB.

Hence why they are susceptible to the run.

yup, they love their wiry, twitched up athletes like irvin, clemons and avril. you can bounce the LEO back and forth from strong to weak to mix up your fronts/coverage. bruce irvin would play their strong LB and then slide into the line to rush the passer.

KJ wright is a massive LB at 6'4" 250 lbs, tho.

Last edited:
Sounds like Paton is picking up steam as the favorite to be GM. I touched on the Vikings and their drafting mid-season.

this vikings defense is nasty as ****. reminds me of us in 2011. young terrorizers in the front 7, and coached up very well across the board.

nobody has drafted better in recent years than the vikings.

Last edited:
Tomsula and Chryst interviewing for jobs, Manziel is sober, Trump is President.. maybe something crazy happens in our favor 8o

not really too bummed about it. you saw my original post. i am not a big fan of bradley. i think pete makes the magic happen in seattle.

i'd prefer if we stuck with a semblance of the 3-4.

Last edited:
Can't find anything on George Paton

George Paton completed his 10th season with the Vikings in 2016, serving as the club’s Assistant General Manager and working with General Manager Rick Spielman.

The duo have a long professional history together, having worked on the personnel staffs in Chicago and Miami before joining forces again in Minnesota.

The 2012 Vikings benefitted from an influx of young talent and spurred the squad to a Vikings-record 7-win improvement over the previous season, finishing 10-6 and earning a Wild Card playoff berth. The Vikings landed 3 draft picks on the All- Rookie team and a pair of rookies garnered Pro Bowl honors. Vikings FB Jerome Felton joined the team as a free agent in 2012 and went on to a career year, paving the way for Adrian Peterson to post the 2nd-best rushing mark in NFL history with 2,097 yards and earned his 1st career All-Pro and Pro Bowl recognition.

The Vikings roster development through free agency, trades and the draft built the foundation for the back-to-back NFC North Champions in 2008 and 2009. The Vikings tied a team record with 10 players earning Pro Bowl berths in 2009, 5 were acquired by the draft, 4 by free agency and 1 via trade. The 2009 team tied the 2nd-most wins in franchise history with a 12-4 mark in the regular season and advanced to the NFC Championship game for the first time since 2000. The Vikings 22 wins over the 2008 and 2009 seasons led the NFC over that span and ranked 2nd in the NFL.

Paton’s primary focus is coordinate scouting and personnel functions within the Vikings Pro Scouting Department and lend his expertise to the College Scouting Department as they prepare for the annual NFL Draft.

Paton spent 6 seasons (2001-06) with the Miami Dolphins as Director of Pro Personnel. Paton began his NFL career in the college and pro scouting departments of the Chicago Bears, rising to the position of Assistant Director of Pro Personnel in 2000.

A 4-year letter winner as a DB at UCLA from 1988-91, Paton was a part of a pair of Bruin bowl teams. He earned a bachelor’s degree in history and went on to play in professional football leagues in Italy and Austria.

Paton (pronounced Payton) and wife, Barbara, have a daughter, Bella, and son, Beau.

Back
Top Bottom