:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [2-2 vs Cardinals 10/07 1:05PST]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
that juke off the right foot going left, only RBs and WRs are supposed to be that swift

landry, lawson...yall gotta stop. my heart can't handle the truth

I mean we've been seeing it for 4 weeks straight now. It's putrid. The league overall is bad, but our team is TERRIBLE. Arm tackles, bad angles, diving early, not wrapping up, etc.

Lmao bro idgaf if tackling in the NFL is putrid right now, we are just an undisciplined poorly coached squad :smh:

Man the tackling is without a doubt bad for the 49ers. It’s one of the most fundamental aspects of the game. But the busted coverages that occur down the field is beyond frustrating. Well coached defenses sure as hell don’t have this many mental lapses. Saw it last night in the chiefs game on a potential game winning drive. And it makes you relaize how important football IQ is. Guys with high football IQ are getting depth in those situations.

And as far as edge presuure is concerned, looks like guys haven’t been taught the art of pass rush. It’s about converting speed to power or using some bend and hands in unison or a jab step and knife inside at times. when you watch the game our guys are going to the same move over and over. I prefer if Sheldon Day plays more. When I watch him he plays with a burst that’s lacking from Earl Mitchell but he’s only a interior 1-3 technique. Edge rusher is a much more premier position. Which again makes it such a head scratcher Harold Landry lasted so long when he would completely take over games 2 seasons ago in college football but, I digress.

Since that Seahawks defense from 2013 is the Archetype the 49ers need to definitely find their Cliff Avril. That guy defintely not on this roster now. I was slightly optimistic about Marsh coming into the season but man he is extra ordinary the tape shows it. I’ve watched every snap of his slowed down thru the last 4 weeks.

49ers need to go all in on Earl Thomas this offseason, especially if Robert Saleh sticks around. He'll be 30, but he shows no signs of slowing down. Dude is still playing at a HOF level.

8 years too late for me, but I'll take it.

Yeah. They should of tried to get him this year. God Earl plus an edge rusher could really turn things around.

Seems like our d line just expects to over power line men snap after snap. No creativity or technique.

Kentavius Street is a player to remember for next season. I really like this kid. He should provide a boost to the edge group. Dude is a tank on the edge. It sucks that he's hurt because we needed him this season.

Last edited:
With that long post I never gave 49ers defense credit for how well they play in stretches.

They go through stretches where they have a semblance of an elite defense. And that’s what makes it so frustrating to watch.

Kentavius Street is a player to remember for next season. I really like this kid. He should provide a boost to the edge group. Dude is a tank on the edge. It sucks that he's hurt because we needed him this season.
I was about to ask about him. Forgot he's out the entire year.

With that long post I never gave 49ers defense credit for how well they play in stretches.

They go through stretches where they have a semblance of an elite defense. And that’s what makes it so frustrating to watch.
They really do. I get so frustrated when they get killed on a 3rd and long after playing 2 great downs.

Middlekauff on his podcast said that he's heard rumblings that Kyle was annoyed by Jimmy's inclination to work outside of the framework of the play.

What made CJ looks so good last Saturday was his ability to stay on schedule. :emoji_eyes: I can't wait to see how CJ looks against other defenses. I figured he would look good against the Chargers because he sees that defense every day in practice. Let's see how he does against a defense he isn't used to seeing.

Loved this throw against the Chargers. Ball placement is A1.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Middlekauff on his podcast said that he's heard rumblings that Kyle was annoyed by Jimmy's inclination to work outside of the framework of the play.

What made CJ looks so good last Saturday was his ability to stay on schedule. :emoji_eyes: I can't wait to see how CJ looks against other defenses. I figured he would look good against the Chargers because he sees that defense every day in practice. Let's see how he does against a defense he isn't used to seeing.

Loved this throw against the Chargers. Ball placement is A1.

giphy.gif
Meaning he wants him to stay on script more often? Rather than trying to make things happen?

Meaning he wants him to stay on script more often? Rather than trying to make things happen?

Yup, exactly.

CJ still has a ways to go. He's leaving velocity on the table. His lower-body mechanics still suck. Feet get lazy and he throws way too often with open hips. But mechanics are a perpetual grind. Even Brady is working on them twenty years later lol.

But if CJ galvanizes the locker room and leads the team, say, a 9-7 record and plays well enough to make everyone believe in him moving forward then Jimmy could be a trade chip. He signed before Stafford and Rodgers so in the future his deal will look very friendly for teams looking to get a franchise QB by not having to haggle another contract.

Back
Top Bottom