:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [2-2 vs Cardinals 10/07 1:05PST]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm going to Vegas tomorrow and plan to make a stupid bet that they will make the playoffs. Might also make one for them to win the nfc :lol: :smh:...stupid, I know

Warner has been horrible this year (to his standards). To normal MLB standards, he has been average at best.

Amen! Glad you’re not the only one that has noticed. He’s made absolutely no plays while getting repeatedly washed out on run plays. Not a good look when your season highlights are your pregame hype speeches.

I'm going to Vegas tomorrow and plan to make a stupid bet that they will make the playoffs. Might also make one for them to win the nfc :lol: :smh:...stupid, I know

its actually not that stupid if you make it a small bet that you're willing to lose , probably better odds than most vegas games of chance, lottery, scratchers, etc.

before the 2019-2020 season i made a 100$ bet the 9ers would make the playoffs (the odds they would make the playoffs weren't great before the season) and another 100$ bet that the 9ers would win the super bowl

i would have made a decent amount of money if they had won that super bowl but obviously they didnt

but the payout on them making the playoffs more than covered both bets and gave me a little extra

its +166 right now on 9ers making the playoffs and they're only a game or so out of the wild card, so it isnt' a terrible bet, as long as you don't put down more than you're willing to lose

This team probably has a better chance of making the playoffs with Lance under center than Jimmy.

Imo, the rest of the team (both offense and defense) would get a confidence boost and probably perform better if Kyle announced Trey will be the starter the rest of the year.

and then trey would immediately get killed

you're suggesting his first game back be aaron donald and von miller vs tom compton and daniel brunskill

its an intriguing problem tho because if jimmy gets killed by aaron donald / von miller next week and its a serious injury 9ers could be on the line for $,$$$,$$$ if jimmy finish the season on IR, pretty sure thats in his contract

If they lose Sunday. Trey should start the rest of the season. Yeah at 3-6 there’s still an outside shot at getting the 7 seed. But the 7 seed and getting washed wild card weekend isn’t some high priority to where it should come at expense of Treys growth.

After the Rams game, the next two games (Jaguars and Vikings) are a bit more favorable to where a game like the Jacksonville game is more practical to start Trey in.

The teams issues go beyond Jimmy, but Jimmy hasn’t elevated the team at all, he hasn’t made up for the teams flaws to justify continuing to trot him out. He’s gotten way more of a fair shot in this situation than most other qb’s would.

Last edited:
Yeah, bringing in Trey vs JAX makes much more sense. Let Jimmy scramble for his life against the Rams, bring Trey in when we're 3-6.

On another note, I don't know what's worse, losing 8 games in a row at home, ntm L's in 11 of the last 12 home games or knowing that the 49ers have the clueless Jed York as their owner.

This team probably has a better chance of making the playoffs with Lance under center than Jimmy.

Imo, the rest of the team (both offense and defense) would get a confidence boost and probably perform better if Kyle announced Trey will be the starter the rest of the year.
I'm begging you fam, please come back down to reality. Bringing Trey in isn't going to get this team to the playoffs, nothing will. There are no leaders on the roster, at least not the guys who should be. When Norman picked up his 15-yard penalty only Tavon Wilson got in his face to separate him from the situation. Let that marinate.

But I'll agree with you on this, it's time to start Trey because this season is lost.

What irks me is we got soo excited for this season only to have to wait for next season yet again. Im now concerned if our top players who havent resign yet are will to resign with how terrible out team been starting with the coaching staff

The season is still salvageable imo Not necessarily in a get hot, make the playoffs, and go on a deep run type of way.

But getting Trey in, letting him play and showing any type of growth and improvement over however many games he starts to where there’s something to look forward to for next season and beyond would be big to me. If after the 4th quarter week 18 we can say Trey made strides and looks like he’s the qb of the future, this season isn’t a total wash to me.

I'm begging you fam, please come back down to reality. Bringing Trey in isn't going to get this team to the playoffs, nothing will. There are no leaders on the roster, at least not the guys who should be. When Norman picked up his 15-yard penalty only Tavon Wilson got in his face to separate him from the situation. Let that marinate.

But I'll agree with you on this, it's time to start Trey because this season is lost.
Ok let me rephrase...

This team has a better chance of winning with Trey under center. Forget making the playoffs this year, but with Trey in the game instead of Jimmy, the 49ers will fare better.

I’ll say this, I firmly believe the attitude of our team is reflective upon our head coach and I haven’t seen much fire out of Shanny since 2019 tbh. I get that injuries have screwed us in one way or another but a year plus home losing streak is unacceptable and any self respecting coach should feel some type of way about it. Shanahan isn’t on the hot seat yet, but Demeco might have to get the axe to let Shanny know he’s not really safe either.

What boggles my mind is that coming into the season we supposedly had a "Super Bowl ready" roster yet Lynch and York decided it was best to promote Demeco who had no prior experience being a DC instead of hiring one who knew what they were doing.

Jed York is clueless and Lynch is just as much on the proverbial hot seat as everyone else imo.

Frankly, John and Denise should just fire Jed tbqh.

On another note, OBJ has narrowed it down to KC, GB, and NO, per sources. I'd choose the Packers if I were him. Rodgers would revive OBJ's career.

I bet he would have loved to come to SF if only York and co had a winning franchise from the top down. Oh well, what can u do

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom