:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [2-2 vs Cardinals 10/07 1:05PST]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
chip kept 6 guys on his final 53 last year.

i'm keeping torrey, smelter and bruce. the other 3 spots are up for grabs.

Last edited:
^ Red,

So excited from the draft that I already mocked up a "waaaaaay too early to tell" final roster depth chart last night

Might post it on here for you to shred apart if I'm feeling bold enough :lol:

^ Red,

So excited from the draft that I already mocked up a "waaaaaay too early to tell" final roster depth chart last night

Might post it on here for you to shred apart if I'm feeling bold enough :lol:
You write for Bleacher Report? :nerd:

^ hell no, I hate that site :rofl:

Mainly b/c I always see people reposting articles from there like it's legit news/rumors when it's mainly fan speculation

I was looking at the list of wide outs yesterday, hopefully they come out hungry ready to compete

Alright here's what I have mocked up.

I just listed the traditional names of each position so didn't get too specific w/ what the real name of the position could be to keep it simple lol.

Starters are highlighted in 49er gold.

Notes:
- Was tempted to leave Kap off the active roster as I could see Baalke and co giving him the RG3 treatment and just keeping him deactivated all year but at same time in this wild whacky league, wouldn't surprise me if Chip somehow convinced Baalke that he could milk something out of Kap.

But all things aside from what we've seen the last 3 years, it's hard for me to see Kap beating out Sunshine in a fair QB competition that disregards previous status and contract salary so I have Blaine starting for us w/ Thad being backup for now.

The depth chart for the D-line is just set up that way for depth chart purposes as I know Red has explained in this defense we're gonna run, there's going to be a lot of substitutions and rotating in and out to keep the d-line fresh so we can keep the pass rush going all game so I have it in my mind that all these d-linemen will get their share of snaps.

Ditto for our pass rushing linebackers b/c of the depth we have

Secondary was hard to narrow down w/ all the players we currently have but set it up this way as I agree w/ Red to have Dontae and Rashard start w/ them being the bigger/taller corners we have.

Any thoughts at Brock potentially being a roster cut should he lose his starting job? He played really well 3 years ago and earned that contract extension he got but has since been injury prone. And figure that he'd be an expensive backup corner even if we have the cap space to easily keep him.

Edit: also not 100% famiilar w/ each specific spots the o-linemen can play/have played so if someone like Fahn is lined up on the wrong spot, my bad :lol:

Edit #2: there's so many possibilities I can see w/ Chip's offense so even at Tight End for example, I have Celek starting but there's so many ways to get plenty of snaps for Bruce Miller, Bell and even McDonald. So that's another position I could see getting subbed in and out constantly.

View media item 2016137

Last edited:
Alright here's what I have mocked up.

I just listed the traditional names of each position so didn't get too specific w/ what the real name of the position could be to keep it simple lol.

Starters are highlighted in 49er gold.

Notes:
- Was tempted to leave Kap off the active roster as I could see Baalke and co giving him the RG3 treatment and just keeping him deactivated all year but at same time in this wild whacky league, wouldn't surprise me if Chip somehow convinced Baalke that he could milk something out of Kap.

But all things aside from what we've seen the last 3 years, it's hard for me to see Kap beating out Sunshine in a fair QB competition that disregards previous status and contract salary so I have Blaine starting for us w/ Thad being backup for now.

The depth chart for the D-line is just set up that way for depth chart purposes as I know Red has explained in this defense we're gonna run, there's going to be a lot of substitutions and rotating in and out to keep the d-line fresh so we can keep the pass rush going all game so I have it in my mind that all these d-linemen will get their share of snaps.

Ditto for our pass rushing linebackers b/c of the depth we have

Secondary was hard to narrow down w/ all the players we currently have but set it up this way as I agree w/ Red to have Dontae and Rashard start w/ them being the bigger/taller corners we have.

Any thoughts at Brock potentially being a roster cut should he lose his starting job? He played really well 3 years ago and earned that contract extension he got but has since been injury prone. And figure that he'd be an expensive backup corner even if we have the cap space to easily keep him.

Edit: also not 100% famiilar w/ each specific spots the o-linemen can play/have played so if someone like Fahn is lined up on the wrong spot, my bad :lol:

Edit #2: there's so many possibilities I can see w/ Chip's offense so even at Tight End for example, I have Celek starting but there's so many ways to get plenty of snaps for Bruce Miller, Bell and even McDonald. So that's another position I could see getting subbed in and out constantly.

View media item 2016137
Think Acker will start opposite Brock. I have faith kaep will outperform gabby in camp

^ I can see that w/ Acker. It was hard for me to clip him from roster. He does have the advantage of having experience from last year compared to someone like Prince. And like Red has mentioned, Dontae for whatever reason seems to be in the dog house lol

that looks pretty good.

unless chip plans to call running plays with a fullback lead, i can't see bruce miller making the team. i just don't see him working out as a tight end. i think busta anderson takes the final TE spot.

i dont see hayne making the squad either. dont think they give up on mike davis after one season. white/bruce can fill PR/KR duties.

my surprise cut: t-brock. dude can't stay healthy, and i think they'll lean in favor of keeping one of the young guys.

i dont think thad lewis makes the cut either. kap, gab and driskel.

and of course, someone nobody saw coming will take someones spot.

training camp kicks off july 15. 
happy.gif

Last edited:
that looks pretty good.

unless chip plans to call running plays with a fullback lead, i can't see bruce miller making the team. i just don't see him working out as a tight end. i think busta anderson takes the final TE spot.

i dont see hayne making the squad either. dont think they give up on mike davis after one season. white/bruce can fill PR/KR duties.

my surprise cut: t-brock. dude can't stay healthy, and i think they'll lean in favor of keeping one of the young guys.

i dont think thad lewis makes the cut either. kap, gab and driskel.

and of course, someone nobody saw coming will take someones spot.

training camp kicks off july 15. :D  

I was thinking Busta was someone to keep eye on since last year. Wasn't sure if he'd get a chance though, hopefully he does.

I was honestly hoping we'd grab another RB in draft so we'd have Hyde, Draughn and 2 rookies.

I admit some of the names that I kept on the roster were more b/c I see Chip keeping them b/c of their potential like a Hayne :lol:

I'd lean towards Mike Davis over him too at end of the day.

He had some sleeper hype to him after being drafted last year and seemed to have gotten forgotten amidst the disaster season we had last year.

We were thinking exact same thing w/ Brock :nerd: :nthat:

There was a reason Baalke went ham on the corners this draft.

But then again, I've been expecting Ahmad Brooks to been cut the last 2 years lol.

Last edited:
its good to see no pears, no devey, and no TJE. 
laugh.gif

bethea is another one to keep an eye on.

About to post a revised mock depth chart.

Going out on limb here and gonna say Ahmad Brooks will be the "surprise" name that loses his job and roster spot.

Going under the notion that Eli Harold will show out in training camp this summer and nail down the other outside linebacker spot.

Will add Nick Bellore back as a special teamer but that could obviously be filled by someone else.

Shayne Skov still someone to keep an eye on?

Bethea makes the most sense to get cut but damn, Baalke gonna do him dirty like that :rofl: should have cut Bethea in March.

Another random speculation: what if Reid gets traded and that lets Jimmie Ward move back to safety sooner than later? That would explain the run on corners this draft.

Last edited:
it's going to be interesting to see what happens with the plethora of safeties we've got
"Well, you can never have enough cover guys. As we know, in this game, 67-percent of what you do in this league is nickel and dime. And to get a young man that can come in here and compete, he can play outside and he can play inside. Jimmie does move down in the nickel and in the dime stuff too. So, there's going to be competition around and Jimmie's making the transition as well back to the back half at the safety position. So, the versatility of Jimmie to go along with the versatility of this young man and the versatility of the group, we got a lot of young players on that side that finally got some playing experience last year and I would look for that group to step up and really make that second-year jump for a lot of those guys, both as far as strength, knowledge of the game and just the understanding of NFL football."

-Baalke

49ERS 2017 DRAFT PICKS  
1. First round: Own pick 
2. Second round: Own pick 
3. Third round: Own pick 
4. Fourth round: Own pick 
5. Fifth round: Own pick 
6. Fifth round: Washington pick acquired in 2015 trade for TE Derek Carrier 
7. Sixth round: Own pick 
8. Sixth round: Broncos(Vernon Davis)
9. Seventh round: Own pick 
10. Seventh round: Cleveland’s conditional pick acquired in 2015 trade for Andy Lee.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom