Official Saucony Originals / Retro Thread

Play Cloth's Strange Fruit,Gray.  the suede they used is just superb.  its suede is comparable NB's 997GY, which is crazy considering the saucony's price point.  when comparing the two, the premium suede on the saucony is more consistent, and the same suede is used throughout the whole upper.  the tongue is beautiful too.  the same suede treatment on those, and they feel full and look great.  but the NB is better in terms of the craftsmanship.  saucony's got visible excess glue between the upper and midsole, whereas the NB is crafted perfectly.  you can't see the imperfections from more than a foot away, so it's fine.  anyway, very happy with these.

copped these at 120 shipped using code 20MLTD14 at Moose Limited, and they're still available too. 

I'm copping the bait collab. I love simple colors like black and silver. They look straight fire.

Last edited:
i just hate the painted brown piece of the back of the play cloths. wish it could have been actual gum.

yea the suede is real nice but all over in regards to the craftsmanship you can see how they cut corners everywhere. regardless im keeping mine!

i just hate the painted brown piece of the back of the play cloths. wish it could have been actual gum.

yea the suede is real nice but all over in regards to the craftsmanship you can see how they cut corners everywhere. regardless im keeping mine!
yea.  actual gum would've been a nice touch

New pickups

If anyone wants my Sz 12 link for the BAIT CW3, PM me.  I've bought way too much stuff this month.

*** No Longer Available ***

Last edited:
Thought my direct deposit would go through at midnite and I only wanted to pay "cash" for the Baits. Hadn't come thru by about 1am ET and I went to sleep, so no Baits for me. Oh well... I'll use the $$$ on the Lux Jazz instead.

No date yet for a stateside drop on the Jazz Lux, right? Don't want to pay UK prices unless I absolutely need to.

I just got an email for my 9.5 from Bait. Looks like they might have had an overexpectation of this "presale"? Maybe the price is just too high?

Will cop anyhow, love the simple B&W colorway.

I got a link for a 9 in the Baits... spinning wheels on them right now. Stay tuned in case I decide not to go with them.

really love those gray play cloths - wish there was less 'stars' though maybe just on the top of the toe box or something

Seems like a lot of people need a 9.5. I was surprised I struck out on my size. Even put two submissions in. Oh well.

Play Cloth's Strange Fruit,Gray.  the suede they used is just superb.  its suede is comparable NB's 997GY, which is crazy considering the saucony's price point.  when comparing the two, the premium suede on the saucony is more consistent, and the same suede is used throughout the whole upper.  the tongue is beautiful too.  the same suede treatment on those, and they feel full and look great.  but the NB is better in terms of the craftsmanship.  saucony's got visible excess glue between the upper and midsole, whereas the NB is crafted perfectly.  you can't see the imperfections from more than a foot away, so it's fine.  anyway, very happy with these.

copped these at 120 shipped using code 20MLTD14 at Moose Limited, and they're still available too. 
How do these fit in comparison to the Jazz Low Pro? Somewhat safe to say if I wear a 9.5 in those, the Play Cloth's will fit the same way? Thanks

Last edited:

How do these fit in comparison to the Jazz Low Pro? Somewhat safe to say if I wear a 9.5 in those, the Play Cloth's will fit the same way? Thanks
these are the only my 2nd pair of saucony.  my last pair was too long ago to remember.  do you own any NB 997 or 998?  i'm a 9 or 9.5 in NB 997/998 (fyi broken in 9 feels same as brand new 9.5).  my saucony is a size 10 btw, and the width feels the same w/ my NBs.  also, i'm a 10 in af1, and retro nike runners.  i'm slightly wider than the average foot, and prefer a snug fit. 

Back
Top Bottom