Official Scam/Fraud Thread

hes been banned from NT.

DO NOT close the claim until you either have shoes, or money. No matter what he tells you. As soon as you close the claim/dispute Paypal will no longer help you.

Wish I had seen this thread before. Paid for a DS pair of Playoff 12. He has since ceased all communication. Went to open a Paypal claim and got this:

"We're sorry, but this transaction cannot be disputed because it is not a purchase of goods or services. Please contact the recipient directly."

Did he somehow request a gift payment? I never send gifts and thought he would only be able to invoice me for a good?

He told me he's from Philly. Gonna be visiting this weekend anyways. Nice coincidence if he's really from there. :lol:

Any alterantives through paypal? If not

View media item 425845

hes been banned from NT.

DO NOT close the claim until you either have shoes, or money. No matter what he tells you. As soon as you close the claim/dispute Paypal will no longer help you.

Wish I had seen this thread before. Paid for a DS pair of Playoff 12. He has since ceased all communication. Went to open a Paypal claim and got this:

"We're sorry, but this transaction cannot be disputed because it is not a purchase of goods or services. Please contact the recipient directly."

Did he somehow request a gift payment? I never send gifts and thought he would only be able to invoice me for a good?

He told me he's from Philly. Gonna be visiting this weekend anyways. Nice coincidence if he's really from there. :lol:

Any alterantives through paypal? If not

View media item 425845

call your credit card, of if you paid with paypal balance call paypal and explain what happened. Tell them to look at his acct, Im sure they'll see all the disputes going on.

Good luck. If theres anything else I can help with let me know, Ill do what I can.

he did the same to me, good thing i didn't give him money. 
mean.gif

NT Name- D3rang3d Sol3

real name- larondae thomas

phone number - 7346747856

Address - 7107 Foxthorn Dr

Canton, MI 48187

Details - We agreed to trade my blk toe 1 plus $50 for his sz 10 Cement 88's via PM. I sent him pics of the box, and my USPS reciept when I sent it on 5/28.I placed the $50 in the shoebox.

I asked for the same type of pics back,and all he did was send me a pic of a tracking # with no date on it. My shoes were delivered and picked up by him, and I have not been able to get him on his phone, text, and he hasn't been on NT in over a day. Of course the tracking # he gave me does not work (the # is 0309 1140 000 9792 8470). 

Since I have his name, phone #, and address, and have all the text conversations saved on my phone, is there anything I can do at this point? Can I call the police? 

NT Name- D3rang3d Sol3
real name- larondae thomas
phone number - 7346747856
Address - 7107 Foxthorn Dr
Canton, MI 48187

Details - We agreed to trade my blk toe 1 plus $50 for his sz 10 Cement 88's via PM. I sent him pics of the box, and my USPS reciept when I sent it on 5/28.I placed the $50 in the shoebox.
I asked for the same type of pics back,and all he did was send me a pic of a tracking # with no date on it. My shoes were delivered and picked up by him, and I have not been able to get him on his phone, text, and he hasn't been on NT in over a day. Of course the tracking # he gave me does not work (the # is 0309 1140 000 9792 8470). 

Since I have his name, phone #, and address, and have all the text conversations saved on my phone, is there anything I can do at this point? Can I call the police? 

Clearly, you did not read the first post in this thread. This goes under the trader feedback for the seller.

I can't see how some of you can deal with shady people. I mean, if the tracking number never worked, then why allow your package to be delivered especially when you asked for more pics and he did not follow your instructions?

Clearly, you did not read the first post in this thread. This goes under the trader feedback for the seller.

I can't see how some of you can deal with shady people. I mean, if the tracking number never worked, then why allow your package to be delivered especially when you asked for more pics and he did not follow your instructions?
I shipped first... I figured i would get help, but to receive negative remarks from a mod? Smh. Whatever  

I shipped first... I figured i would get help, but to receive negative remarks from a mod? Smh. Whatever  

negative remarks? or a remark you dont want to hear? i mean, the listing for the 88s clearly show he had an agreement with another member. you have to do your due diligence. asking after the fact can will hardly produce a positive outcome.

Put this scammer on the the list...

Isaiah Williams
ZayWill34@me.com
Zaywill34

I had placed a wanted post for some Lebron 8 Yankees and he sent me a PM stating he has a worn pair for $90...Had him send me some pics and it contained a ebay username in the pic to which he said was him...

After a several emails and his prompt replies, I decided to send him the payment via paypal, even after knowingly I should've asked for pics with his NT username...Guess I have too much faith in people...

I sent him several emails in the following days when the payment was sent, to which I got no reply to....So of course I open a claim with paypal and state my reasons...He replies back stating that he had indeed replied to my emails but that I hadn't replied to his and that the shoes were sent out and I had replied to him stating that I had received them...Total BS of course...

Waited patiently for the claim process to complete, which was today, and got my refund...

Been in it for years and still believe in people in this industry, sucks but the few screw it for the rest of us...

Just like the rules here on NT when selling an item, follow them no matter where it is...
And another one....I guess ive been got myself.  No clue why im just now deciding to look up his email/name but last week he contacted me off of a WTB add for Lbj9s triple black.  Dude sent pics and we communicated back and fourth for over an hour.  He sent me a PP invoice, i paid, i requested a tracking number....and thats the last ive heard.  nada..no mail no reply. I have purchased tons of pairs on this site and others and ive never met a scammer untill now.  Not really sure how im gonna go about this but i will do what a victim should. Btw dude said he was in jersey, i noticed someone said Philly in a post above. Sigh.......
mean.gif

Put this scammer on the the list...

Isaiah Williams

ZayWill34@me.com

Zaywill34

I had placed a wanted post for some Lebron 8 Yankees and he sent me a PM stating he has a worn pair for $90...Had him send me some pics and it contained a ebay username in the pic to which he said was him...

After a several emails and his prompt replies, I decided to send him the payment via paypal, even after knowingly I should've asked for pics with his NT username...Guess I have too much faith in people...

I sent him several emails in the following days when the payment was sent, to which I got no reply to....So of course I open a claim with paypal and state my reasons...He replies back stating that he had indeed replied to my emails but that I hadn't replied to his and that the shoes were sent out and I had replied to him stating that I had received them...Total BS of course...

Waited patiently for the claim process to complete, which was today, and got my refund...

Been in it for years and still believe in people in this industry, sucks but the few screw it for the rest of us...

Just like the rules here on NT when selling an item, follow them no matter where it is...
And another one....I guess ive been got myself.  No clue why im just now deciding to look up his email/name but last week he contacted me off of a WTB add for Lbj9s triple black.  Dude sent pics and we communicated back and fourth for over an hour.  He sent me a PP invoice, i paid, i requested a tracking number....and thats the last ive heard.  nada..no mail no reply. I have purchased tons of pairs on this site and others and ive never met a scammer untill now.  Not really sure how im gonna go about this but i will do what a victim should. Btw dude said he was in jersey, i noticed someone said Philly in a post above. Sigh.......:smh:

just file a paypal claim. pretty simple.

Isaiah Williams
ZayWill34@me.com
Zaywill34

Here's an update on what happen with my claim. Paypal ruled the claim to him. So I called twice and finally today was able to get $90 back not the full amount. They told me they ruled in his favor because he had told them the shoes were for pick up. Paypal said there was no proof he was suppose to ship me the shoes. So make sure you set up an agreement on the wanted ad so theres proof and also include that the shoes will be shipped.

Isaiah Williams
ZayWill34@me.com
Zaywill34

Here's an update on what happen with my claim. Paypal ruled the claim to him. So I called twice and finally today was able to get $90 back not the full amount. They told me they ruled in his favor because he had told them the shoes were for pick up. Paypal said there was no proof he was suppose to ship me the shoes. So make sure you set up an agreement on the wanted ad so theres proof and also include that the shoes will be shipped.
Are you guys somewhat in the same area? If not, I'm sure PayPal has yours and his address on file. If you guys are states away from each other, PayPal should take that into consideration.

That's odd because according to Paypal there is no seller protection under that scenario

When you are not covered:
Items are picked up locally or delivered in person.

You sell services, intangible items, or digital goods.
You receive multiple payments for the same item.
You've received a claim or a chargeback, and the shipped item is found to be significantly different than it was described.
Example: You describe a new laptop, but send a used one.
PayPal Direct Payments
Virtual Terminal Payments
PayPal Business Payments
Items that are not shipped to the recipient shipping address on the transaction details page. If you originally ship the item to the shipping address but the item is later redirected to a different address, you will not be eligible for PayPal Seller protection. We therefore recommend not using a shipping service that is arranged by the buyer, so that you will be able to provide valid proof of shipping and delivery
https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/security/seller-protection-learn-more

Same thing applies if you use the Paypal Here card reader. Which is why I won't use it :smh:

Just a heads up for Niketalk sellers. The Nigerians scammers are still trying to hit us hard. Had a lady by the name of Sarah Solano (email=sarahsolano222@gmail.com) send me a bunch of fake "Paypal confirmations" to my email saying I received money for my listings. The easy things to spot are still in the emails...over paying, shipping overseas, fake paypal confirmations, etc, etc. Just trying to look out for others who may make the mistake of shipping before the money is in your actual paypal account.

I want to bring up niketalk member Santos Flores
Niketalk username: Suge67
Email: doubtfulreason@yahoo.com

I paid for two shoes on Monday October 7th, 2013 via paypal

On October 8th, he didn't hit me up so I texted him and he said he shipped but left the tracking number in the car.

I text again Thursday the 10th for the number and no response.

I wait until Tuesday October 15th to ask again and no response.

On Wednesday October 16th he said he accidentally shipped the shoes to the wrong person.
He told me a refund would be made within 3 days. It was been over 4 days since the last response and he is not replying to any text.

Contact PayPal and start a dispute. Do not close it until you have a refund or the shoes.

I really hate to hear these stories.. I was hosed out of some Spacejams a few months back.. It leaves a sour taste in your mouth. I have a guy from Russia offer to buy some AM .. Said he made the payment.. Got the normal emails you would get etc... Got an email from paypal stating : once I sent the shoes and provided a tracking # my funds would be released.. The email looked completely legit... Emailed the buyer about it and never heard from him again... Just something to watch out for.. If you don't see the funds in your account.. Scam!!'

NT,
Be on a lookout for the following email info:

Name: Betty Eddie

This person wanted to me ship shoes to his son who is in Lagos on a Catholic mission and would add any International cost to ship.
Although he stated payment would be through Paypal,- Lagos, overseas, church mission, Nigerian scam you say!
Obviously, people with these intentions are contacting sellers on here for any biters. Don't do!

-skrew713

View media item 729590

Not only did this guy claim he ordered a size 9...that sat in his cart days after the size had sold out on NDC…but he also has a magical extra pair to sell now. I almost believed everything up until i saw PAYPAL GIFT... 
:rofl:
PLEASE BE AWARE. 
THIS IS 9/10 TIMES A SCAM. 
THE 1/10 CHANCE THAT THIS ISN'T A SCAM? GUESS WHAT? IT'S A SCAM.
View media item 729625
post #77096 is where the fun all started.
Stumbled upon this thread as I was browsing classified MISC.
Scammer prevention. So I decided to post it here.

Name: Samuel (Sam) Bailey

Phone: 606-367-5226

eBay User Name: samuel123_123

email: samuelbailey_football@hotmail.com

This guy is trying to sell fake Kobe 8 WTK's as 100% authentic.  All the markings of a scammer ($250 price point, wanted PayPal funds gifted vs. Invoice, fake/damaged box, used other people's pictures, etc.).

Good eBay rating, just be smart and use your protection resources.  Dude buckled when I called him out.  There was no transaction here.

Information:

Marco Alvarez
12 Aster Drive
Montgomery, AL 36109
United States

mark_e_alva@yahoo.com
Ebay: rjdvera

NT: polorsvp

So this clown bought a legit pair of sz 11 royal 1s off me for 385 via paypal, shipped em the next day via fedex with $300 insurance. He gets the shoes and claims they are fake which he is now granted a full refund from paypal. This is quite funny seeing as he poated pics just a couple days ago of MY royal ones clearly saying "ok i think i finally found a legit pair. looks right. just want to double check" I know this is my pair b/c of the creases and the size tag. In his legit check he has a fake pair which I'm sure is what's on its way back to me now. Its just crazy that ppl pull these scams and get away with it, esp when paypal does NO research when it comes to fakes being that i uploaded pics showing authenticity for obviously no reason. Ppl can't just get their money up and cop authentic items like the rest of us so they take this route.

his legit check: http://niketalk.com/t/577872/air-jordan-royal-1-2013-legit-check#post_19639157

my original listing: http://www.ebay.com/itm/271373706646?ssPageName=STRK:MEUNSOLD:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1562.l2649 (you will see the date on the last pair of his legit check and the pair from my listing is exactly the same)

qgodbody qgodbody - he has been banned. im sorry for your situation and I wish you the best. maybe you can use the legit check link to show paypal of what his intentions were in case he does send you back the fakes.

Back
Top Bottom