Official Scott Pilgrim vs The World Thread

Originally Posted by aveezytheBEAST

at first i was meh about this movie, but the commercials credicts are saying its movie of the year??

They'll say that about ANY movie, and it's just one person who said it
I hope no one in their right mind would ever give an award for "movie of the year" (do they even have that?) to any michael cera movie

^
You sound like a hater.  I know most of nt hates michael cera but at least watch the movie before judging it.  (I thought Superbad was great and cera was in it).

He's definitely typecast but a lot of actors are.  When people say the same thing about denzel, nt'ers are quick to rush in and defend him like he's their dad.

Originally Posted by ricky robot

All my Arrested Development fans know what's up.

George-Michael + Ann.
pimp.gif
her?

Movie was awesome imo.

Never read one page of the comic and I absolutely loved it. Loved the video game feel of it also.

I saw the midnight showing on Thursday and I thought it was great. Probably up there with Inception as movie of the summer. It surprised me with how well it was done.

Originally Posted by shogun

^
You sound like a hater.  I know most of nt hates michael cera but at least watch the movie before judging it.  (I thought Superbad was great and cera was in it).

He's definitely typecast but a lot of actors are.  When people say the same thing about denzel, nt'ers are quick to rush in and defend him like he's their dad.

Is that true? How can anyone hate him? I think he's hilarious. I'll give this movie a shot though simply cause he's in it along with Mary Elizabeth Winstead 
pimp.gif
. Looks semi interesting and kinda comes off to me as a JUNO-@!% (humor wise)/SUPER HERO type movie. Idk 
laugh.gif
 will watch sometime. 

Originally Posted by hella handsome

anyone who hasn't read the comic obviously wont like this movie.

Never read the comic but I'm obviously a fan of videogame/geek culture. Really enjoyed it and will check out the comic. Loved the overall stylization by the movie.

My dude Beck was all over the soundtrack too
wink.gif

Movie was really good, I like how it was filmed and the style.
The only complaint I have are the very lame one liners, there were several.
I know it is supposed to come off real corny and cheesy so that it makes it funnier but I just end up grinning and asking myself, "really?"
It was the one thing I could have done without, or at least less, no matter how close it is to the comic book.
I still highly recommend the movie though, next up, The Expendables.

Anyone who hates on Cera is a douche, seriously
laugh.gif
This movie looks interesting, will have to check it out.

This sucks.

'Expendables' & 'Eat Pray Love' score while "Scott Pilgrim' loses a turn

Hollywood’s battle of the sexes seems to be working out well for the studios and their male- and female-focused movies. The testosterone-fueled Expendables bowed to an impressive $13 million Friday, which could translate to $35 million weekend win. And the Julia Roberts-starrer Eat Pray Love opened to a strong $8 million, a number that should jump up to about $25 million by weekend’s end.
The weekend’s other new wide release, the PG-13 Michael Cera-starrer Scott Pilgrim vs. The World, bowed to a disappointing $4.5 million and a likely fifth place in the rankings. Despite the Edgar Wright film’s strong presence at Comic-con and its popularity on Twitter, the hipster action-romance is unlikely to earn more than $11 million for the weekend.
Spots four and five for the frame are likely to go to holdovers. The Other Guys grossed over $5 million on Friday for a weekend take that could reach $17 million and a total cume of close to $70 million. And Inception is likely to wind up in fourth spot for the weekend. The uber-successful Christopher Nolan-directed drama grossed another $3 million on Friday for a weekend total of $11 million and a total cume on the verge of $250 million.

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

Anyone who hates on Cera is a douche, seriously
laugh.gif
This movie looks interesting, will have to check it out.

exactly, its kinda sad how dudes hate on him

ive enjoyed every movie i saw that he starred in which include Superbad, Juno, Youth in Revolt, and Nick and Norah's Infinite playlist

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

Another low-budget teen movie. Get the heck outta here.

Michael Cera has alot of potential, he needa step his game up a lil' bit...

You are an idiot.
Movie was amazing

SPBlog.jpg

pimp.gif

Movie was mad entertaining, I would watch again.

An I'm fairly certain I fell in love Ramona Flowers.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

slice_mary_elizabeth_winstead_ramona_flowers_scott_pilgrim_vs_the_world_01.jpg

Watched the movie last night it was really good, I liked the comic book / video game look of it.

It was funny and the fight scenes were really good.

This movie was
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

My patnas met me the movie, they said they never heard of it. And when it first came on they gave me the stone face,even my girl. Saying "man what the %*$ is this?"  Next thing you know they are tripping, laughing and blown away.

This movie was long overdue. What theaters been missing. Awesome flick!!

I really liked the movie. Not only did it draw on video games, it drew on my favorite subgenre hack and slash/xrpg. I loved all of the Castlevania, Zelda and Prince of Persia inspiration.

Michael Cera is entertaining, most people who absolutely hate his movies are the people who think that Dane Cook and Will Farrell are the height of comedic genius. Still though, the movie had me picturing cut scenes from the POP: Sands of Time trilogy redone with a more awkward and hesitant prince, "so, um Farrah, do you um, you know wanna go out some time or something... I am sorry about my father sacking your father's palace and all, yeah."

So I saw it again Sunday and it almost as good as Saturdays viewing
frown.gif

Expendables wasn't even that good

[table][tr][td]August 13-15, 2010
Weekend
Studio Estimates

[table][tr][td] 'Expendables' Pump Up...

click here to
Read the Full Report > > >
[/td][/tr][/table]
Actuals to be reported Monday afternoon.

[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]
space.gif
[table][tr][td]<<Last Weekend <Last Year[/td][td]View Index[/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td][table][tr][td]TW[/td][td]LW[/td][td]Title (click to view)[/td][td]Studio[/td][td]Weekend Gross[/td][td]% Change[/td][td]Theater Count /Change[/td][td]Average[/td][td]Total Gross[/td][td]Budget*[/td][td]Week #[/td][/tr][tr][td]1[/td][td]N[/td][td]The Expendables[/td][td]LGF[/td][td]$35,030,000[/td][td]-[/td][td]3,270[/td][td]-[/td][td]$10,713[/td][td]$35,030,000[/td][td]-[/td][td]1[/td][/tr][tr][td]2[/td][td]N[/td][td]Eat Pray Love[/td][td]Sony[/td][td]$23,700,000[/td][td]-[/td][td]3,082[/td][td]-[/td][td]$7,690[/td][td]$23,700,000[/td][td]$60[/td][td]1[/td][/tr][tr][td]3[/td][td]1[/td][td]The Other Guys[/td][td]Sony[/td][td]$18,000,000[/td][td]-49.4%[/td][td]3,651[/td][td]-[/td][td]$4,930[/td][td]$70,543,000[/td][td]$100[/td][td]2[/td][/tr][tr][td]4[/td][td]2[/td][td]Inception[/td][td]WB[/td][td]$11,370,000[/td][td]-38.6%[/td][td]3,120[/td][td]-298[/td][td]$3,644[/td][td]$248,554,000[/td][td]$160[/td][td]5[/td][/tr][tr][td]5[/td][td]N[/td][td]Scott Pilgrim vs. the World[/td][td]Uni.[/td][td]$10,525,000[/td][td]-[/td][td]2,818[/td][td]-[/td][td]$3,735[/td][td]$10,525,000[/td][td]$60[/td][td]1[/td][/tr][tr][td]6[/td][td]6[/td][td]Despicable Me[/td][td]Uni.[/td][td]$6,767,000[/td][td]-27.1%[/td][td]2,923[/td][td]-490[/td][td]$2,315[/td][td]$221,993,000[/td][td]$69[/td][td]6[/td][/tr][tr][td]7[/td][td]3[/td][td]Step Up 3-D[/td][td]BV[/td][td]$6,626,000[/td][td]-58.1%[/td][td]2,439[/td][td]+4[/td][td]$2,717[/td][td]$29,565,000[/td][td]$30[/td][td]2[/td][/tr][tr][td]8[/td][td]4[/td][td]Salt[/td][td]Sony[/td][td]$6,350,000[/td][td]-41.8%[/td][td]2,834[/td][td]-483[/td][td]$2,241[/td][td]$103,569,000[/td][td]$110[/td][td]4[/td][/tr][tr][td]9[/td][td]5[/td][td]Dinner for Schmucks[/td][td]P/DW[/td][td]$6,316,000[/td][td]-39.1%[/td][td]3,046[/td][td]+42[/td][td]$2,074[/td][td]$58,816,000[/td][td]$69[/td][td]3[/td][/tr][tr][td]10[/td][td]7[/td][td]Cats & Dogs: The Revenge of Kitty Galore[/td][td]WB[/td][td]$4,075,000[/td][td]-41.0%[/td][td]2,728[/td][td]-977[/td][td]$1,494[/td][td]$35,104,000[/td][td]$85[/td][td]3[/td][/tr][tr][td]11[/td][td]9[/td][td]Toy Story 3[/td][td]BV[/td][td]$2,165,000[/td][td]-30.6%[/td][td]1,219[/td][td]-495[/td][td]$1,776[/td][td]$400,767,000[/td][td]$200[/td][td]9[/td][/tr][tr][td]12[/td][td]8[/td][td]Charlie St. Cloud[/td][td]Uni.[/td][td]$2,083,000[/td][td]-55.7%[/td][td]2,083[/td][td]-642[/td][td]$1,000[/td][td]$28,728,000[/td][td]$44[/td][td]3[/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table]

Expendables was crap. I thought I would enjoy the action at least and had no hope for the plot or acting but it still left me disappointed. Everyone I know that seen Scott Pilgrim loved it so hopefully word of mouth will help it's numbers next week. I think less theaters are showing it also, when I bought tickets for Scott Pilgrim they had 3 showtimes playing in the theater but the expendables had 7-8.

dope movie, definitely entertaining..the music was pretty good too, i'd actually cop the soundtrack if they have one

Originally Posted by RFX45

Expendables was crap. I thought I would enjoy the action at least and had no hope for the plot or acting but it still left me disappointed. Everyone I know that seen Scott Pilgrim loved it so hopefully word of mouth will help it's numbers next week. I think less theaters are showing it also, when I bought tickets for Scott Pilgrim they had 3 showtimes playing in the theater but the expendables had 7-8.

Didnt assume Eat Pray Love would do so good either, Expendables got out the same time as it and sooooo many women came out, this was a matinee showing too.
eek.gif

Back
Top Bottom