Official SELECTION SUNDAY THREAD - 6PM EST CBS

U$C vs KState should get mad hype. I love it. U$C gets to the Sweet 16.

UCLA keeps getting breaks. The West is garbage. I hope they get beat by UConn but I don't see it. UConn has too many players that make stupid plays timeafter time. Love is going to have to get his points from the outside if they play UConn. For some reason I am picking Xavier to come out of that region. Ithink I have lost my mind.

The Midwest and the South are the 2 toughest with the East also very close.

I think Davidson going into the West would have given them a legit shot at the Elite 8. That bracket is so damn weak. I just can't believe it.

The Midwest has some very hot teams in there and the Top 2 could win it all.

Texas/Memphis could be a GREAT game in the Elite 8. Memphis got a tough draw. Pitt is streaking right now and they could beat anybody too.

Will someone please talk me out of picking GTown to win it again. I had them last year and Jeff Green let me down. Am I trippin' or what. They get a toughmatchup with Kansas and then might have to play NC. That is a lot for them to do. UCLA gets a cake walk into the Final 4 but shouldn't make it past that.My hate always leads me against my head. I thought Florida had the best team last year but I hated them so much I picked against them. I think I might be doingit again with UCLA. Oh well.

As much of a diehard as I am - i probably won't even fill this thing out til about Wednesday, 11 PM.

I don't know - I just can't make these decisions very easily.

Originally Posted by allen3xis

I was probably gona end up goin with them no matter what...
laugh.gif

but now, no question.

love the match up for them.

see you in the 2nd round
pimp.gif

why is it no question in your mind that Siena will beat Vandy? just curious. what are their strengths and weaknesses?

Kansas St vs USC is by far the best match up in the first round and will get the most hype.

And I think I have Duke going down in the 2nd round. Not sure yet.

laugh.gif
digger with all four number 1 seeds in the final four... what a moron.. i mean, it's not out of the question, but give us something we can work withyou moron. It's never happened before,

Originally Posted by Newbs24

U$C vs KState should get mad hype. I love it. U$C gets to the Sweet 16.

Davon Jefferson will most def have his hands full trying to score and guard M-Beazy. I like our chances though of returning to the Sweet "16"for the 2nd year in a row.
wink.gif

Will someone please talk me out of picking GTown to win it again
I will. We probably won't win. I'll be taking them too, but that's just because I can't force myself with any other pick
laugh.gif
. We don't rebound well enough. I'm hopin I'm wrong
ohwell.gif

why is it no question in your mind that Siena will beat Vandy? just curious. what are their strengths and weaknesses?
No, I meant no question I'm taking them...I'm in Albany so I know them/watch them a lot.

Two players - Eddie Ubiles and Kenny Hasbrouck are BCS conference level players....Alex Franklin inside is undersized but tough, I think he can manage withOgilvy.

They're well coached, don't turn the ball over. Hasbrouck and Ubiles can score.

Weakness- Their defense...can be real bad at times.

Should be a game in the high 70's - to the 80's

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

laugh.gif
digger with all four number 1 seeds in the final four... what a moron.. i mean, it's not out of the question, but give us something we can work with you moron. It's never happened before,

Only Knight had something besides 1 and 2 seeds.
laugh.gif

It's so obvious Bob Knight just started watching other teams this week
laugh.gif

He was in love with G'Town before last night, now it's Pitt
laugh.gif
...loves Clemson now too

Originally Posted by allen3xis

Will someone please talk me out of picking GTown to win it again
I will. We probably won't win. I'll be taking them too, but that's just because I can't force myself with any other pick
laugh.gif
. We don't rebound well enough. I'm hopin I'm wrong
ohwell.gif

No, I meant no question I'm taking them...I'm in Albany so I know them/watch them a lot.

Two players - Eddie Ubiles and Kenny Hasbrouck are BCS conference level players....Alex Franklin inside is undersized but tough, I think he can manage with Ogilvy.

They're well coached, don't turn the ball over. Hasbrouck and Ubiles can score.

Weakness- Their defense...can be real bad at times.

Should be a game in the high 70's - to the 80's

do they hustle and rebound well, and get alot of 2nd chance opportunities? because thats how you beat vandy.

Newbs- I highly doubt Georgetown will winn it all this year (sorry allen). I think UCLA, Kansas, and UNC all have much better chances at winning thechampionship. UCLA right now probably has the easiest road to the Final 4 and the region with Georgetown and Kansas is pretty loaded. UNC's road to theelite 8 doesn't scare me too much and then after that we would have to beat Tenn/Louisville, but that game would be played in Charlotte in front of apro-UNC crowd. I haven't printed a bracket out yet or done more research on possible match-ups but I those are some of my preliminary thoughts.

I am really liking Pitts chances to make a deep run. Watching them last night impressed me. I didn't catch any of their games while Lavance was out, but Ihave seen them play with him about 4 times this year and like what they are capable of doing. I really want to see Pitt vs. Memphis.

That Indiana thing is a bit of a head scratcher. If they're punishing Indiana then they're certainly not doing Carolina any favors.

It is the Kansas.GTown matchup that is killing me. I can't really see either team losing until then but that game is just too close for me. I don'tknow why but I have been feeling GTown the last 2 years now. UNC won't have a tough game until the Elite 8 and I think they are a cake walk to the Final 4as well. I didn't even look at who they and UCLA could POSSIBLY face until then because they should get to the Final 4 without a hiccup. The South and theMidwest are the 2 Elite 8 games that are killing me. For some reason, I just see Memphis and GTown going. Going to be tough for me to jump between the Kansasand Georgetown game the next couple of days.

Indiana recently got smacked by MSU and now lost back to back games to Penn State and Minnesota

they're no threat.

I might rock with Digger and have all four #1's in there.
I see the usual first round upsets happening, but only
a few teams can really claim they have a chance.

I'm gonna sit on it for a day, though.

If UNC can't beat Indiana in Raleigh than we don't deserve to be in the tournament.

If Miss St. beats Memphis it will probably be because of the focus, intensity, and basketball IQ that little Hansbrough brings to the team............

EDIT- Obvious sarcasm... But can someone school me on Drake? They have a 13pt winning margin and hold teams to 40% offensive FGs but can they beat UConn?

Originally Posted by Juicy J 32

I really want to see Pitt vs. Memphis.
me 2...i wanna see us against Miss St. too....but vs. pitt, if we beat them......awww mane!!!!! might as well hand over that trophy
glasses.gif

im excited about the tourney this year....by far the best sporting event and time of year
and like every1 else said....USC vs K-State
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom