OFFICIAL SEPTEMBER '13 NIKE OUTLET/WEBSITE/STORE UPDATE THREAD - DO NOT MAKE REQUESTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Riverhead factory store has 2 b grade grapes left. size 17 and size 18. No phone orders. $139.99+tax
1520 tanger mall drive, Riverhead NY 11901.

Riverhead factory store has 2 b grade grapes left. size 17 and size 18. No phone orders. $139.99+tax
1520 tanger mall drive, Riverhead NY 11901.
thats too much especially for bgrades. i though the point of buying from an outlet was to get the shoe for a discounted price like MOST of there shoes

thats too much especially for bgrades. i though the point of buying from an outlet was to get the shoe for a discounted price like MOST of there shoes

agreed.. but as long as people buy them at the price they push at em, they will continue to do so. just like on release day with the continued increases each time

agreed.. but as long as people buy them at the price they push at em, they will continue to do so. just like on release day with the continued increases each time
THIS.

We went from $49.99 co.jps, acorns, jordans galore to this $10 off retail non-sense. And why? Because of the sheep that have now taken up buying sneakers. 

I'm guessing Nike said forget restocking Jordans online to fight with the Bots...we will sell them at outlets for 10$ below...so killing 2 birds with one stone....hurting resellers too...people are becoming more patience with restocks....

I'm guessing Nike said forget restocking Jordans online to fight with the Bots...we will sell them at outlets for 10$ below...so killing 2 birds with one stone....hurting resellers too...people are becoming more patience with restocks....
The shoes that are restocked online are not B Grades.

Outlet Jordans been $129 at the lowest for a while now. They were taxing $129 for them beat up obsidian and playoff 12s. Nike's just greedy knowing that the sheep will pay whatever price they set.

Not to derail the thread...but I could NEVER pay over a 100$ on kicks at a Outlet store...I have bought B Grades off of NDC before..they were Forces..made sense why I got them for 47$...but what I'm saying some people found Jordan's to be flawless at Outlets...

Since people were talking about all the shady business that goes down at the San Leandro Clearance store, I decided to leave my feedback on the surveys they tell you to fill out. This was my second time leaving this sort of feedback.

On my last visit, I witnessed an employee who had just helped me with some shoes, purchase I few things while I was in line. He had a bag full of stuff like elite socks that weren't their anymore in that colorway and some sunset air max 95s I think. The girl who helped him checkout at the cash register made every effort to make sure none of the stuff came out of the bag. She rung everything up while it was hidden in the bag but some stuff like the elite socks fell out along with the shoes. This caught my attention and I was thinking to myself here they go again pulling some shady stuff. Then their was a guy who was supposedly the manager at the time and he said something to the guy buying the stuff along the lines of that it was against company policy to hold things. He said it subtly but I was nearby so I heard him.

I decided that I was definitely going to write about this when it came time to the survey and so I did. Well the manager of the store responded via email and this is what she had to say:

"Thank you for visiting our San Leandro Clearance Store. I appreciate you taking the time to share your comments and concerns.
As store manager of the San Leandro Clearance Store, I deeply regret that we were not able to meet your expectations regarding during you last trip here. I know that it was very busy at the time of your last purchase and I am sorry that it had a negative impact on your overall experience. I can assure you that our team members do not recieve preferencial shopping over our consumers.
Since our location is a Clearance store are assortment is different then the other local Nike locations. We receive new goods five days a week and we put merchandise constantly. You mention that you are a frequent visitor and I hope you will continue to give us the chance to service you."

Haha yea right. I have the contact number of one of the employees that I met off of Craigslist for some shoes and I recognize that he works there. He has told me he can hold shoes but for upwards of $50 a pair. This was a long time ago by the way. He stopped hitting me up since he probably seen me at the store quite a few times haha. Plus he would always hit me up for shoes that I didn't want at all. I'm not going to single him out since I know he isn't the only one who does this. Plus I feel it's not my position to do so.

I know this isn't necessarily and update for the thread so if the mods feel the need to erase/move it then it's all good. Just thought I would let you guys know wassup.
Why make enemies with them. Dude would be my homeboy for holding hot releases for $50 a pair.

Jersey Gardens charged 160 for green glow 4's and fire red 3's :smh: Granted they were A-Grade it's still an outlet.

How about NOT keeping it going? This is the outlet thread. The clutter in here is making it hard to find actual updates.

Refurbs are used items that have been given new parts to make them more usable.

You're comparing Apples to Oranges, no pun intended.
Actually he was comparing apples to oranges and oranges to oranges, since he mentioned refurbs and defects.

Jersey Gardens charged 160 for green glow 4's and fire red 3's
mean.gif
Granted they were A-Grade it's still an outlet.
Jersey gardens had the green glows?

Honestly we should all look in the mirror and blame ourselves for the price hikes.. I know i did already.. That's why im retired... In a way.. But as my sig states... It's supply n demand!

Jersey Gardens charged 160 for green glow 4's and fire red 3's
mean.gif
Granted they were A-Grade it's still an outlet.
Just called, girl said they didn't have any retro's in.  I don't have that much faith in her seeing as how when I referenced them as the Toro IV's she never heard of them.

not too much different to be honest. if nike could sell rebuilt shoes they would

There's a huge market for used shoes already. A huge market for restored shoes too.

None of that has anything to do with B-grades. How many times do we have to go over this - I need to just write a macro to spit the same paragraph out.

90% of all "B-grades" are the same exact product as retail pairs. It's ostensibly retail price for a retail quality product. Damn near all "B-grades" are normal pairs removed from production for precautionary reasons as per policy.

You want to complain about prices in general - go right ahead. But, Skep, you been around too long to fall into the what B-grades and and what B-grades aren't trap.

THIS.

We went from $49.99 co.jps, acorns, jordans galore to this $10 off retail non-sense. And why? Because of the sheep that have now taken up buying sneakers. 

Overall, Nike has been bridging the divide between outlets and retail locations for at least a few years now. It's a known aspect of their business strategy.

Why single outlets out here though? I mean, '94 Black Cement 3s were everywhere for 39.99. ...How far back do you want to go? OG 1s selling for 29.99?

Which brings me to...

Honestly we should all look in the mirror and blame ourselves for the price hikes.. I know i did already.. That's why im retired... In a way.. But as my sig states... It's supply n demand!

This is what it comes down to. And, as tough a pill to swallow as it is, NT itself is HUGE reason why the culture is what it is today. When you put the culture on blast - when you take it out of the "underground" and put it in the mainstream, through things like public discussion boards, you are striking a deal with the devil. You will benefit in the short run because you will expand your networks, share love, tricks of the trade, etc. But if you let that world grow indefinitely, this is eventually where it will lead every time! Know nothing, sheep, etc.

Supa - it's interesting you make this point. I know you have knowledge of Lo. Think about that in comparison. A lot of true Lo heads say that that culture has been compromised too - and it has, but not nearly to the degree as kicks have. And, why? ...Because it was protected. It was a fraternity, not an open house. ....99% of the people in the Lo thread on this very forum don't know how much you actually should pay for a P-wing hoody. They couldn't look at 4 Bear sweaters and correctly place them in order of ascending value. That knowledge isn't just readily given available, and most heads won't just tell a noob when he/she asks. And, yeah, certain things about the community being small sucks. But, when you place no barrier to entry to the hobby, this is the inevitable endgame. It just canibalizes itself.

Last edited:
My experience with bgrades have been pretty good. Copped Olympic 7s and playoff 12s, each around 140 shipped. Olympics were flawless, in my rotation heavy. The leather on the playoffs was not tumbled enough and too smooth compared to the regular pair. Ended up selling those. I don't blame nike for charging higher prices for lesser quality shoes. They have the consumers on a leach and are taking full advantage of it.

@bip i already know what it is. It's just a joke that not only do they hit us over the head at retail for sites that realistically do get released with plenty of flaws... but now they are releasing b-grades at a fraction of a percentage off full retail cuz they didn't fall thru the cracks. And yes it's because people like you and I will pay for it.

Honestly I've become much more particular in style and models that I actually buy. I used to cop Damn near everything. Now I have learned to limit myself to x amount of pairs per year and stick to it. And Nike will be seeing less and less of my money each year. Very few Jordan's that I'll be copping to keep over the next few years. Foams are far over saturated and get uglier by the week. And Lebrons... well those are my weak spot.

NIke Outlet Petaluma

Lebron Soldier VI (orange) $74.99 FSR
Kobe VII (Poison Dart black/lakers colors) $104.99 FSR
2 Lebron X (volt) size 10 and 11 $140.00 behind counter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom