Official SEPTEMBER 2012 Nike Outlet/Website/Store Update Thread - DO NOT MAKE REQUESTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anybody confirm the no phone orders on the XIIs at Camarillo?
I'm generally conscious of not trying to make hell for the employees. I heard no phone orders. so if I can establish that's true without bugging them, then I'd go that route.
I think about it like this - the less of a headache phone orders are to the outlet, the more likely they are to accept them. And, getting 50 calls back-to-back asking the same question certainly ups the headache factor.

My homeboy called and they told him they don't do phone orders on retro jordans. I don't know if they were telling the truth or not

I appreciate what cork does with this thread. Can't check this thread that often due to work schedule, but I DO appreciate what he and other members do with the info for us to know. But in all honesty, the b-grades aren't worth it anymore. If anyone has paid attention within the past year you will notice the price hikes for b-grades. Last year you were able to find b-grade Jordan's for $100, now they go for $130. This is worse than a-grades going from $150 to $160 in the same time frame. I'm not mad at anyone who is able to get them. But at the same time the consumers are giving Nike more reason to jack up the price since they sell so fast. Not trying to be negative, just stating the facts.

i agree, if the b-grades were priced cheaper id take advantage but to save a "few" dollars off retail for a shoe thats less quality?? ill pass

i agree, if the b-grades were priced cheaper id take advantage but to save a "few" dollars off retail for a shoe thats less quality?? ill pass

You're a smart guy, I see you post helpfully and with insight in the jersey thread and other places, so let me make one point and then repeat a past post.

1. Price as compared to retail doesn't really matter anymore. The shoes aren't available for retail any more. So, the more appropriate comparison is to the standard secondary market pricing. You have to price this option for acquiring the shoe in comparison to another actually existent option for acquiring the shoe. Copping at a retail location isn't an option as of now.

Second, re the "less quality" issue, I'm just going to re-post what I said in the JB version of this thread. You tell me if you have a different understanding of the process that is based on reliable info -

The general process for identifying b-grades as I've always understood it goes like this.

When a quality control inspector identifies a product "on the line" or post-production as flawed enough to be designated as B-grade, that product is pulled off the line. As a precautionary measure, a certain number of products before and after the offending product are pulled as well. There are conflicting accounts of how many before and after are pulled.

In some cases, the issue of the shoe is replicated in those proximal to the identified shoe, but in many cases the issue is unique to the offending shoe and otherwise anomalous. In those cases (I'd assume the majority), many shoes are stamped as b-grades, but only 1 is actually defective. In any group of b-grade stamped shoes, the vast mathematical majority of the bundle are going to be only guilty by association, A-grade quality, but marked Bs as part of the protocol, but otherwise identical to A-grade pairs.

There are also legitimate b-grade pairs that have very minor defects. A small tear in the lining. Dimples in the sole being too deep, etc. Things you probably wouldn't even notice or particularly care too much about anyway. So, if that's the offense and then you also get 20 perfectly fine pairs stamped the same because of it, what is the true risk level?

This is not to say there's no risk of you getting stuck with seriously damaged goods. That definitely happens. And, the longer they are in-store and the in-person shoppers have the opportunity to pick through the stock for their choice pair, the greater the likelihood that the more defective pairs will skew in the phone order batch. But, all in all, it's a sold bet, IMO. ...I mean, after all, you have people paying double MSRP for GUARANTEED early release FAKES, so it seems silly for people not to take this gamble.

Interesting. Dude made it sound like they were swimming in em when I spoke. Maybe call back and hope to get a different person to answer?

Sometimes there's an employee Russian roulette game going in terms of who answers the phone.

Last edited:
Interesting. Dude made it sound like they were swimming in em when I spoke. Maybe call back and hope to get a different person to answer?
Sometimes there's an employee Russian roulette game going in terms of who answers the phone.

qft

It could be like BIP said though. Sometimes you just gotta hope the person that answers the phone isn't having a bad day and turns down callers. It sucks at times...

Jordan Retros, Jordan Retros, No Whammies, And, stop!!

(If you know that reference, you might be old enough to have had the OGs)
The GOAT game show...

Back on topic (somewhat), why can't the Entourage Dunks drop at an outlet, preferably near me? lol

Chicago Nordstrom Rack
(312) 377-5500

They do take phone orders

A few deals for my larger footed and smaller footed fellow NT Members

Size 16 $69.97

Size 8.5, also had these in Size 10.5 $69.97

Size 16 $69.97

Size 16 $69.97

Size 18 $59.90

Size 15 $69.97

Size 8.5 $69.97

Last edited:
Nike Riverhead Factory Store will be releasing:

B Grade Cement 4’s $129.99+Tax

B Grade Obisidan 12’s $129.99+Tax

P.S. Lebron 9 Elite black and gold $179.99+Tax

P.S. Lebron 9 Elite white and gold $179.99+Tax

Girls Retro 3 Crimson $59.99+Tax

All of these will be releasing tomorrow Friday 28[sup]th[/sup] at 9am. They will unfortunately not be doing phone orders on these until Sunday. They will also not be doing holds for these. These will be sold first come first serve and only 1 per person.

Please do not call about phone orders, holds, or quantities.

Address to the store is:

1520 Tanger Mall Drive

Riverhead NY, 11901

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Nike Riverhead Factory Store will be releasing:

B Grade Cement 4’s $129.99+Tax

B Grade Obisidan 12’s $129.99+Tax

P.S. Lebron 9 Elite black and gold $179.99+Tax

P.S. Lebron 9 Elite white and gold $179.99+Tax

Girls Retro 3 Crimson $59.99+Tax

All of these will be releasing tomorrow Friday 28[sup]th[/sup] at 9am. They will unfortunately not be doing phone orders on these until Sunday. They will also not be doing holds for these. These will be sold first come first serve and only 1 per person.

Please do not call about phone orders, holds, or quantities.

Address to the store is:

1520 Tanger Mall Drive

Riverhead NY, 11901

Thanks!
Thank you sir.

Nike Deer Park Factory Store has 30% off hash wall.

Kobe 7 $99.99
Color: Black/White-Wolf Grey-Cool Grey
Style: 488371-001

Kobe 7 $109.99
Color: White/Concord-Del Sol-Pure Platinum
Style: 488371-101

Nike 21st Century Windrunner (Women's) $199.99
Style - Color # 488442-071
Reflective Silver

Nike MS Tech AW77 Full Zip USA $199.99 (I believe)
Style - Color # 488445-032
Black Heather

(631) 242-3014

Yikes. I live in NYC, but there's no way I can get out to Riverhead tomorrow.

Highly doubtful that these would last through the weekend. Hopefully they hit other places too or I can find somebody to hold me down.

Thanks for the info though. ...This has been the best this thread has been in a minute.

I saw the bgrade obsidian and playoff at camarillo the other day. Not good at all. The leather etc seem fine but the shape and stitching seem a bit off.

There's a reason why these are marked Bgrade.

You're a smart guy, I see you post helpfully and with insight in the jersey thread and other places, so let me make one point and then repeat a past post.
1. Price as compared to retail doesn't really matter anymore. The shoes aren't available for retail any more. So, the more appropriate comparison is to the standard secondary market pricing. You have to price this option for acquiring the shoe in comparison to another actually existent option for acquiring the shoe. Copping at a retail location isn't an option as of now.
Second, re the "less quality" issue, I'm just going to re-post what I said in the JB version of this thread. You tell me if you have a different understanding of the process that is based on reliable info -
The general process for identifying b-grades as I've always understood it goes like this.
When a quality control inspector identifies a product "on the line" or post-production as flawed enough to be designated as B-grade, that product is pulled off the line. As a precautionary measure, a certain number of products before and after the offending product are pulled as well. There are conflicting accounts of how many before and after are pulled.
In some cases, the issue of the shoe is replicated in those proximal to the identified shoe, but in many cases the issue is unique to the offending shoe and otherwise anomalous. In those cases (I'd assume the majority), many shoes are stamped as b-grades, but only 1 is actually defective. In any group of b-grade stamped shoes, the vast mathematical majority of the bundle are going to be only guilty by association, A-grade quality, but marked Bs as part of the protocol, but otherwise identical to A-grade pairs.
There are also legitimate b-grade pairs that have very minor defects. A small tear in the lining. Dimples in the sole being too deep, etc. Things you probably wouldn't even notice or particularly care too much about anyway. So, if that's the offense and then you also get 20 perfectly fine pairs stamped the same because of it, what is the true risk level?
This is not to say there's no risk of you getting stuck with seriously damaged goods. That definitely happens. And, the longer they are in-store and the in-person shoppers have the opportunity to pick through the stock for their choice pair, the greater the likelihood that the more defective pairs will skew in the phone order batch. But, all in all, it's a sold bet, IMO. ...I mean, after all, you have people paying double MSRP for GUARANTEED early release FAKES, so it seems silly for people not to take this gamble.
I like that explanation. The process is called Six-Sigma.

[/I]

am i missing something? why is retail not an option? and this part lost me - "You have to price this option for acquiring the shoe in comparison to another actually existent option for acquiring the shoe."

[/I]
am i missing something? why is retail not an option? and this part lost me - "You have to price this option for acquiring the shoe in comparison to another actually existent option for acquiring the shoe."
Copping the A grade at retail TODAY is not an option.  Unless you get lucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom