Official Sherlock Holmes Movie Thread

big j 33

Supporter
I didn't see a thread for it, so advanced apologies if late.

Just saw it with the family, and the line was out the door once we were leaving. I thought it was great, good action/fight scenes, a lot of funny dialogue,Downey did a fantastic job as Holmes and Rachel McAdams was looking good as well.

You could definitely see a lot of Guy Ritchie's style in the film, I think he handled his first big budget blockbuster very well.

I was thinking of checking it out a little later, though I hate opening day crowds and today there's really nothing to do, but go to the movies so I'mthinking maybe tomorrow instead. Good to know it's a decent movie

Originally Posted by WHPH10

You lost me at most.
laugh.gif
good looking out

Originally Posted by kix4kix

This movie sucks, and I haven't even seen it.

Just being negative for the sake of it? Or do you have an actual reason?

im going to check it out this weekend, intrested to see how guy ritchie will do with this

Aside from the horrible reviews? And the fact that Robert Downey Jr. will be a womanizing and irrational Sherlock Holmes; when someone who was a fan of thebooks (myself) knows that is the EXACT opposite of what Sherlock Holmes is.

I still need to see Avatar before I see anything else in the theaters. Can't wait to catch it though.

Originally Posted by kix4kix

Aside from the horrible reviews? And the fact that Robert Downey Jr. will be a womanizing and irrational Sherlock Holmes; when someone who was a fan of the books (myself) knows that is the EXACT opposite of what Sherlock Holmes is.
The reviews were hardly horrible, around 68% on Rotten Tomatoes, worse for Metacritic I think around 55.

I never read the books so I'll trust that you know the literary character better than I, but in the film Downey was not womanizing whatsoever. Most of hisactions and thoughts seemed to be based on logic and reason as well, so I don't know where you're assuming he would be irrational.

The story was over the top and quite forced, but Downey did a great job.

Movie was awesome. Downey did and incredible job IMO. Its funny how much he has resurrected his career. Kix, you are trippin my man. He did a really good job.Golden Globe Nominee right?

I didn't really like it. Couldn't understand Downey some of the time, plus I thought the storyline was forced (as mentioned earlier). Being that Iwasn't an avid reader of SH, I felt like they just threw you into the plot without explaining who most people were.

I didn't hate it...just glad I caught the matinee for $4.

I can't really feel it after watching the previews. Def not how the books portray Holmes, he was more serious if anything. The slap-stick comedy won'tdo it for me in this instance

also they have rumors that some big names (pitt or depp) might play professor moriarty in the sequel

I liked the movie for the most part, but I hated how they blatantly set it up for a sequel.

Originally Posted by kiuyt856

I liked the movie for the most part, but I hated how they blatantly set it up for a sequel.
how so?

i agree they set up the sequel.. but it wasn't like they did it at the expense of this movie

^It's a personal pet peeve kind of thing. I never said it ruined the movie, because I liked the movie, It just really annoyed me.

Back
Top Bottom