Official Slam Dunk Jordan Release Thread

I'll take the ones (probably) and some jerseys if they come out dope.

Gonna check out the anime/manga when I get some time

From Wikipedia 

Manga
[table][tr][th="row"]Original run[/th][td]1990 – 1996[/td][/tr][/table]
The 12s came out in March of 96. Its possible he wore them in the manga since it ended in October of that year, but not the anime since it got canceled 2 weeks after the 12s dropped which sucks.

As for that jersey it would have been better without the cement print. Still buying it tho

Last edited:
to clear things up for you guys, rukawa doesnt wear the 12s in the manga. that image is from an art book published after slam dunk was finished. iirc the last jordan shown in the manga was a pair of (aqua?) 8s worn by some guy from another school that isnt particularly important

i got that from the art book that the mangaka published

if youre interested here are the scans http://www.mangahere.co/manga/slam_dunk/c277/
like i've said, Ryukawa NEVER wore anything on court BUT the white/blk-red V in the 31 volumn of the manga. i have the original runs of the manga in official Taiwanese release since they came out. 

THAT illustration collection was published in June, 1997 almost a year after the series ended. 

this is the last image (half of a full spread) showing everyone on the team wearing their jersey.

From Wikipedia 

Manga
[table][tr][th="row"]Original run[/th][td]1990 – 1996[/td][/tr][/table]
The 12s came out in March of 96. Its possible he wore them in the manga since it ended in October of that year, but not the anime since it got canceled 2 weeks after the 12s dropped which sucks.

As for that jersey it would have been better without the cement print. Still buying it tho
the FINAL volumn #31 came out Oct 3rd. 1996 before the 96-97 season even started which the series ended mid summer in late August/September.  The 12's Taxi originally released in OCT 1996 after the manga had already finished.

and FYI, the anime didn't get cancelled. It ended because it caught up to the manga and they didn't have any new material to follow, so it ended. 

Last edited:
and i don't know about yall, but i was hoping all the writing and stuff would be in japanese and not english.. imho

the sports shop owner has the 9s in store @ vol.22

agree, jb.. too obsessed with ep sometimes
that's a crazy catch by the way on the 9s in the store lol.. i'm a diehard fan of the series and didn't really notice that until i read your post

i want these badly that 250 price tag is gonna be tough though. Especially if the db collection is the following week, then black infrareds smh. 

I'm new here. HI!! Do any of you know the release date of this shoes and where to buy it? Cause my nerdy side really wants it.

I'm new here. HI!! Do any of you know the release date of this shoes and where to buy it? Cause my nerdy side really wants it.
Nope, The only place that the 6s are confirmed to be releasing in is Australia and very limited at that.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom